Gaming Gloves

EnthusiastXYZ

Limp Gawd
COVID-19 pandemic resulted in me not taking my medical rubber gloves off when coming come and playing games. I noticed improved performance in FPS games. I don't know why... The problem with such gloves was that they broke quickly. I needed some thin non-thermal full-hand-covering gloves that had finger tips and wrapped my hands without being loose (small size, medium at most). Due to COVID-19, there was a shortage of medical gloves. I couldn't find any super-strong unbreakable medical gloves online, aside from poorly-fitting full-and-arm gloves.

I needed some recommendations. I came across these, but wasn't sure if they were a gimmick - https://www.amazon.com/Gamer-Gloves-Performance-Generation-Eliminating/dp/B06X6NLR2G

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
A huge problem with most gloves, especially medical gloves, is that they don't breath so your hands sweat. With medical gloves they sweat A LOT. Sizing is also very important, just like shoes you can get a gap between the tip of your toes and fingers and the end of the channel you fit them into. This is even worse on gloves since your fingertips have to manipulate and feel things. Typically gloves only have a few sizes (less than a HANDFUL .. badum bum.. crashhhh) - so contrary to the saying it can be difficult to find gloves that fit.. well, "like a glove". Then there is the fact that you lose much of your sensitivity - insert condom joke here - .. did he say insert condom? ok enough of that but you get the idea.

Personally I wouldn't wear full gloves for gaming on a keyboard. There is no way that is more accurate. It would be like wearing full finger gloves to play piano. Maybe for a gamepad it might make sense for marathon play vs hand sweat slippage and finger abuse by the directional pad. I do use weighted finger-less gloves and a bunch of other gear when doing VR workout games or playing skryim VR though but that is for the weight and it is using a VR controller strapped to my hand.

I'd recommend some breathable finger-less gloves with a wrist strap on them to see if the compression feeling and the wrist strap help without covering your fingers entirely. I'd also consider checking out some thicker wrist straps and making sure you have full neutral position wrist support to your keyboard in the first place. That would mean a chair with support arms that keep your whole forearm supported and level with the keyboard surface as well as maybe a memory foam wrist pad that fits your keyboard height.

Beyond that, I'd consider investing in a decent mechanical keyboard if you haven't already , and try to find the type of switches that you like best since there could also be something mechanical to the way your fingers feel pressing your keys with gloves on that a different type of mechanical key could replicate without the gloves.

Back