Gaming frustration

daemonmf

Limp Gawd
I usually don't get that worked up over games, but Tekken 5 on the PS3 has really put a giant crack in my usually reserved veneer. I love fighting games and I love Tekken, but I seriously can't stand cheap air combos. It's SOO frustrating because the rest of the fighting system is really good. But then that god damned bear pulls off a complete life draining air combo with his ass and I just want to smash the controller.

So what games have pissed you off the most... throw controllers, curse the heavens, kick your TV?

Stranglehold.
When youre moving quickly, the interaction objects switches. It's quite frustrating because when you set your mind to run on the rails but end up jumping over it because you've made a sudden left to a avoid a bullet.

World of Warcraft. I know I did the same to others when I camped their sorry asses after I had leveled. BattleGrounds suck and is one of many reasons why I quit that stupid game.

Let's see...

- Trying to gold-star stuff in Guitar Hero II/III. My eyes start bugging out after about 400-500 notes.
- On a similar note (no pun intended), getting A's on Boom Boom Rocket.
- Geometry Wars. Currently the breaking point where I start having to rely on instinct (which is not that good) is about 175K at the latest.
- 100 points on Roller Roaster in Beatiful Katamari. The stage where you can't touch any cold stuff.

Mind you, I'm a bit of a glutton for gaming punishment and keep coming back to these sorts of frustrating moments to try to succeed. :)

TF2 online, again and again.

I'm a good player, and as such I'm used to being able to boost my teams chances of winning in most online team games by simply playing on form and really kicking arse, making up for the people who aren't so good.

But with TF2 it doesn't seem to matter how much pummel the crap out of the enemy they just keep coming, and when you're lumped with team retard there isn't anything you can do, you just have to accept that you're facing overwhelming odds and basiaclly conceed to the loss the moment the round starts.

Eventually got sick of playing matches I knew we stood no chance of winning no matter what level of effort I put in, and uninstalled the game. The game completely lacks any reward vs effort.

I'm a good player, and as such I'm used to being able to boost my teams chances of winning in most online team games by simply playing on form and really kicking arse, making up for the people who aren't so good.

But with TF2 it doesn't seem to matter how much pummel the crap out of the enemy they just keep coming, and when you're lumped with team retard there isn't anything you can do, you just have to accept that you're facing overwhelming odds and basiaclly conceed to the loss the moment the round starts.

Eventually got sick of playing matches I knew we stood no chance of winning no matter what level of effort I put in, and uninstalled the game. The game completely lacks any reward vs effort.

haha. Exactly. I uninstalled for pretty much the same reason. My competitive gaming career was born from Counter Strike, a game where it was possible to single handedly turn a match around. TF2 is definitely more of a team game, which, of course, can make pubs extremely frustrating.

thats why we have mirc and youve got private games. Pubs can sometimes bcome full of arseholes, but that where all the fun is sometimes.

To the guys who whine about being good at tf2 and you keep on losing because of a team mate, try mirc... you can find lots of proper good matches in there (and some really crappy ones too) i do it with my css and dods when i feel like i want serious gaming. I pub when i feel like i just wanna run loose without your team mates shouting at your ear

The turf wars missions for GTA: SA make the game so boring that I have played the game for countless hours but only beat it once.

Yeah I often hear people say to use irc, or join a clan, but I CBA, I play sporadically at best and dont have the time to go searching for a decent match when other games are far more consistant, I can just search the server list, arrange by latency and play.

God knows I love the idea of TF2, but it's just far TOO teamwork reliant, that level of teamwork doesn't usualy exist on a pub server, so when 2-3 clan members come along who have practiced together the other team is going to lose badly.

I may pick up DoD:S again, now that was good. It was team based and a good team could do well if they worked together but with that KAR98 in my hands it didn't matter if no one would push up with me to cap flags (except for the 2 man caps) cos if you played particuarly well you could take down most of their team on your own and get the last flag (and frequently used to!)

TF2 pisses me off at times, like when I get dominated because I happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time too many times. I HAVE to get revenge, no question about it. Even if that person leaves the server, I will track him down with the community tab thingy, and I will follow him till I at least kill him, if not dominate him.

TF2 pisses me off at times, like when I get dominated because I happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time too many times. I HAVE to get revenge, no question about it. Even if that person leaves the server, I will track him down with the community tab thingy, and I will follow him till I at least kill him, if not dominate him.

lol...well i'm not that bad!

But yeah, fight and get killed, wait 20 seconds to spawn, then wait 20-30 seconds until you've run back into the battle and BAM a crit rocket hit you in the face the very first second you put your head around the corner. Back to waiting 20 seconds to spawn and another 20-30 seconds while you run back to the front lines again. Happens to me all too frequently, which is amazing really because I barely ever crit, much less crit randomly like that...

I usually don't get that worked up over games, but Tekken 5 on the PS3 has really put a giant crack in my usually reserved veneer.

Same for me too, lol.

Completing God of War on the hardest difficulty was pretty easy until that damn clone boss fight at the end. That bit was so cheap because my family kept on dying, but I eventually figured out a strategy to beat them.

PGR2
Splinter Cell

And yea, pubbing TF2 is a very frustrating joke, but most competitive team games are.

Any Battlefield game. Anytime I get into a match I either am a victim of base-rape, team-killing, spawn-killing, cheaters, stat-whoring, plane-whoring, all of the above, or I repeatably get into a losing dual with someone that is wayyyy better than me :mad:.

What's worst is that I occasionally get a demented sense of nostalgia with these games, install them, play them and then remember the reason I left.

(Oh, and Gears of War. After trying to lead that blind thing that charges at you 10 times, I finally took the disc out of the 360, put it in its case, and shelved it. Haven't touched the game in over a year.)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I hate games that autosave while getting slaughtered or during a system crash and no 'fallback save' is available/implemented. (Simcopter, Streets of Simcity were NOTORIOUS for doing this)

"Run to the Hills" on drums on hard in RB... I can 98% 99% all the other songs on hard - but that one drives me to anger. Nearby venetian blinds have already fallen victim to my anger at that song.

I broke my mouse playing DOD. Stupid kids were proning everywhere and completely making it not fun. Somehow I did MUCH better with my old first-gen Microsoft optical mouse than my razer (about 3 times as many kills). Usually though, I only get frustrated when my team won't stop shooting me.

I forgot to mention that I hate games that autosave while getting slaughtered or during a system crash and no 'fallback save' is available/implemented. (Simcopter, Streets of Simcity were NOTORIOUS for doing this)

Uncharted did this for me. There was a bit towards the end that quicksaved right in the middle of getting my ass killed so it would quick load and I'd die over and over. Only complaint I have about that game.

I find this happens in any game. BF2, CoD4, TF2. Everything I play pisses me right off, because I'm the only person that realises that we're meant to be planting the bomb, not dicking about at the spawn looking at the sky, or that Medics are capable of healing classes other than the Heavy.

Anyone else find that? Since that demo video of a medic ubering a heavy that was released for TF2, it seems every medic's a total shitwit that will just stand and heal a heavy only while everyone around him pisses their pants pressing E and dies.

I hate TF2 now. It used to be awesome, but since they started patching it to pander to the crayon-chewers that couldn't figure out how to play it, it's turned to shit. If you manage to coordinate a decent team into attacking, next round the enemy just locks up, all as engineers and pyros, and sits there. Turns into one enormous stalemate the whole round, every round. Very boring.

Virtually every Mario Kart game, but especially Wii online. There are just too many items in the game designed to fuck the players in the top places over. Half the time you would fall from first to eighth about 3 seconds before the finish line in the online games, and it made me yell obscenities louder and throw objects harder than any game I've ever played.

I find this happens in any game. BF2, CoD4, TF2. Everything I play pisses me right off, because I'm the only person that realises that we're meant to be planting the bomb, not dicking about at the spawn looking at the sky, or that Medics are capable of healing classes other than the Heavy.

Anyone else find that? Since that demo video of a medic ubering a heavy that was released for TF2, it seems every medic's a total shitwit that will just stand and heal a heavy only while everyone around him pisses their pants pressing E and dies.

I hate TF2 now. It used to be awesome, but since they started patching it to pander to the crayon-chewers that couldn't figure out how to play it, it's turned to shit. If you manage to coordinate a decent team into attacking, next round the enemy just locks up, all as engineers and pyros, and sits there. Turns into one enormous stalemate the whole round, every round. Very boring.

This is why I don't buy games based on their multiplayer content.

Socom 1 and 2 for online play.
Socom 3 for sucking in general.

Completely agree, however what makes it frustrating with TF2 is that being a good player doesn't mean diddly squat, at least in BF2/CoD4 if you're good you can own up half the enemy team and actually do some good. It doesn't help that the game makes defence require significantly less teamwork that attacking, you just dump down a turret and keep whacking it from behind. The only single player class that can effectively take them out is the demomen and quite frankly I'm sick to death of HAVING to switch to demoman to take them out.

Quite the opposite is expected of the attackers, you need to coordinate rushes, make sure you have both a sensible medic AND a sensible class being healed, it's so rare that a medics uber gets popped effectively. Half the classes are totaly useless at attacking as well, scout, pyro, engineer and the sniper to a certain extent are all almost exclusively defence classes, only a very tiny handful of people using them to attack do very well.

Scout & pyro only good for defense? Damn, I'd hate to play on the servers you play on.

Any game that is like Tomb Raider Anniversary or BloodRayne 2 where you have to jump into a series of poles and walls and every time you fail you have to start over really frustrates me.

I don't know where to start on this thread.
FNR3 online nothing but power punches
cod2 I loved the game but always got stuck with idiots.
Twisted metal against my buddies
Mario kart 64
goldeneye 64

Assassin's Creed. It got such good reviews I plunked down the cash for it and got bored after 2 hours. The missions are exactly the same, every single time.

Scout & pyro only good for defense? Damn, I'd hate to play on the servers you play on.

The ones where teh defenders use a bunch of turrets which makes these classes useless at attacking? Anyone attacking with a pyro or a scout is a waste of a team slot, theres a reason these classes dont get played in clan matches lol

An uber pyro can take down several turrets plus defenders if they're near each other. The trick is to send the medic in first to draw fire from the sentries. This allows the pyro to get close and waste them all.

Trying to play tekken 5 DR online and having it be an unplayable lagfest ALL THE TIME. pretty frustrating

What life draining juggle did Kuma/Panda pull off in Tekken 5? I'm not aware of any 100% juggles in Tekken 5. There are a couple 60-70%ish juggles in game, but they require spacing, timing and a wall.

BF: Bad Company is a new one. Played the 360 demo today, and just saw how awesome it would be if it had been designed for the PC instead.

Back