Gaming Deal of the Century!

What the hell is the point? Did he just build it to get a useless credit in the Guinness Book of World Records?

What the hell is the point? Did he just build it to get a useless credit in the Guinness Book of World Records?
Possibly, but if you look at the first minute or so he says he built it to make adults feel like how they did when they were kids and everything is bigger. Although he really missed the scale for that IMO, unless he wanted to remember what it felt like to be 4-5

Possibly, but if you look at the first minute or so he says he built it to make adults feel like how they did when they were kids and everything is bigger. Although he really missed the scale for that IMO, unless he wanted to remember what it felt like to be 4-5
I heard that, but it is BS, and as you say he definitely missed the scale. I played on my first arcade cabinet when I was 5 years old and my line of sight was level with the display.

assuming super high quality materials:
a. cabinet 1k
b. pc 3k
c. tv 2k
d. misc/controls 2k
e. time/labor 4k

lets say that was the lowest you could get the parts. at most 12k maybe 15k... and in reality closer to 5-8k or less. not sure where the other 80k goes to.

assuming super high quality materials:
a. cabinet 1k
b. pc 3k
c. tv 2k
d. misc/controls 2k
e. time/labor 4k

lets say that was the lowest you could get the parts. at most 12k maybe 15k... and in reality closer to 5-8k or less. not sure where the other 80k goes to.

Research and Development and Marketing of course!

I don't get it. I mean, if it was a part of a "everything's big" type of amusement park, then ok. Sort of like Super Mario 3's World 4.

I heard that, but it is BS, and as you say he definitely missed the scale. I played on my first arcade cabinet when I was 5 years old and my line of sight was level with the display.

I build an arcade cab, and my 6 year old nephew and niece can see the display. But, the require stools to be able to play comfortably. They can reach the controls and see the screen, but the angle really sucks and they are not having a good time. Still, WAY different than this guys.

We should commission a [H] arcade cab. 16' high. PC stats would be insane. Pac-man would never look better.

I'd have to agree. Once again, Guinness shows they are all about the freak show and care nothing about accuracy. By definition, that is not an arcade cabinet. I would have to think that the largest arcade game would have to be the Galaxian 3 theater. You could possibly count Valkyrie as the largest, but it is more of a motion ride with some video game shooting aspects.

There is one rule all of you need to understand. And that is, there are people out there with no common sense and crazy silly money that will buy this crap all day long.

Trust me, I've ran into a few of them.

Exactly. That is one of the most ridiculous video's I've seen lately. I stopped at 34 seconds. What a turd.

I build an arcade cab, and my 6 year old nephew and niece can see the display. But, the require stools to be able to play comfortably. They can reach the controls and see the screen, but the angle really sucks and they are not having a good time. Still, WAY different than this guys.

We should commission a [H] arcade cab. 16' high. PC stats would be insane. Pac-man would never look better.

Walk inside of it and put on a vr headset

No, this doesn't even remotely remind me of playing arcades when I was "4-5". Sure, I had to be sat on a stool but no. Having a crazy idea that you believe it doesn't automatically make it a good idea.

There is one rule all of you need to understand. And that is, there are people out there with no common sense and crazy silly money that will buy this crap all day long.

Well if you go from a place with insane rent/cost of housing to place where for the cost of a 1 bedroom condo you can buy a house on half an acre, with a basement that's twice as large as that apartment... you tend to want to fill up said basement since you now have the perception that you have a ton more money!

Mostly at Hillary Clinton rallies :playful::D

Back