Gaming channel videos camera required

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by babymonitor, Apr 9, 2017.

1. babymonitor

babymonitor n00b

Here is my plethora of options: iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 2, a Sony Handycam (2010), and an HD HP sleekbook webcam (laptop is brand new, 2 months old). I am getting into vlogging, and I can't decide which camera would be easiest for editing yet best for video/mic quality. If you could help me, I would really appreciate it! Thanks :)

Also, I will be doing recording in several places. Mainly my room, with lots of light (3 10ft widows and 3 different 3-tier lamps) but on occasion I'll shoot on location outside.

2. Azureth

Azureth [H]ardness Supreme

3. pendragon1

pendragon1 [H]ardForum Junkie

4. yetieater

yetieater [H]Lite

If I were you, I'd use the best camera that I have available at the time I felt like capturing video.

5. merlin704

merlin704 The Great Procrastinator

Not sure why people think I need to see their face when they are playing a game. I don't give a fuck about you, I just want to see the game.

DF-1 and Armenius like this.
  6. termite

termite [H]ardness Supreme

Pretty much this. Occasional cuts to the player are one thing, the players mug pasted over the game for the entire video sucks and at least for me is an instant stop and move to the next video.

Armenius and merlin704 like this.
  7. merlin704

merlin704 The Great Procrastinator

Agreed, as soon as I see the person's face overlayed over the gameplay footage, I move on to something else or a video without the player's face.

Armenius likes this.
  8. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

This, and I hate people that feel the need to yap constantly. One of the reasons I don't watch GDQ marathons anymore. I don't mind occasional commentary, but come on...

merlin704 likes this.
  9. Azureth

Azureth [H]ardness Supreme

Do you feel the same towards sports announcers at baseball/football games etc.?

10. Armenius

I don't watch sports.

merlin704 likes this.
  11. M76

M76 [H]ardForum Junkie

Well I don't really want to see someone else play a game with or without his face on it.

And while we're at it, playing videogames is about as much of a sport as playing cards or chess. They're good games if you play them yourself, but watching others do it? I'm not interested.

12. M76

M76 [H]ardForum Junkie

The question you should be asking is should I do it?

If your dedication is not enough to try a few different camera options for yourself, and find out which one is best, but instead you want someone else to decide for yourself, then I'm not sure you should do it at all.

Why should other people watch you playing a game? What do you offer that the hundreds of thousands of other let's players don't? These are a the questions you should consider

Especially since the question you're asking is impossible to answer by anyone but you. Because it requires someone to be familiar with these exact cameras to be able to tell you which one is best. Also sony handicam can be about two dozen different models.

GoldenTiger and merlin704 like this.
  13. DF-1

DF-1 2[H]4U

As much as people say that they don't want a person's face in the video, and I agree, you won't be getting views without it. I made the first video to be on YouTube of finding the one and only secret in starcraft 2. I got views, but then the next day the douche "HeY guuyyize it's me and Thekilla999 and were here to show you this secret..." dumb YouTubers took 4 minutes to show what I showed in 25 seconds, they got millions of views.

14. Armenius

The difference is that douche is infamous. I don't even think there is a correlation to showing a face, there.

15. NickJames

NickJames [H]ardness Supreme

There tends to be for livestreaming. The top streamers usually show their face because it helps get the chat involved. They like seeing reactions the chat likes to react to reactions the streamer reacts to the chat reacting. It's why PewDiePie started getting millions of subscribers when he started adding his face into his gameplay videos. The viewer doesn't care about you unless they can see you and connect with you on a personal level.

16. Pringle

Pringle 2[H]4U

He's referring to V-logging, not Let's Play videos. Two entirely different "genres". I personally never understood the appeal of watching someone's V-log.

17. Cataulin

Cataulin [H]ard|Gawd

Just get a logitech c920\922. Good price for what the video quality is. I like mine and my company has started purchasing them for all the directors and VP's to use.

18. dvsman

dvsman 2[H]4U

+1 on the Logitech C920 (or similar / newer more up to date version). I have one at home and at work. Great for video conferences, etc. the image quality is tops. The audio is good if you use it mounted to your pc / close to your face but I've had to use it as a wide angle to capture some video and ran it with a separate mic which worked great as well.

Tags: