Gaming at 1400x900 with Llano

dogbyte_13

[H]ard|Gawd
is it possible to game with Llano at 1440x900 at a medium resolution with the built in GPU?

What's your situation...are you wanting a replacement for your current X3, or is this for a whole new desktop/laptop?

Which games?

Looking at the A8 as a new machine to replace my current one, mostly play MMOs and RPGs possibly a few shooters.

What GPU do you have? The $140 for the A8 could be used for a healthy GPU upgrade; lots to pick from in the FS/FT section. I'm just speculating at this point that focusing on a strong dedicated GPU may be a more gaming-worthy upgrade than an X4 to an A8.

buy an i3 setup with an h61 mobo and a 50 dollar video card from hardforums fs/ft forum and you will have something that will blow away llano's integrated performance at the same price. This is obviously if you're talking about a desktop though.

buy an i3 setup with an h61 mobo and a 50 dollar video card from hardforums fs/ft forum and you will have something that will blow away llano's integrated performance at the same price. This is obviously if you're talking about a desktop though.

1440x900 is a laptop resolution, so I think he may be talking about laptops. I would go Llano on a laptop, it's a good deal. For desktop I agree with you.

1440x900 is a laptop resolution, so I think he may be talking about laptops..

Not necessarily: There are a bunch of desktop 19" LCD monitors with that 1440x900 res. In fact, I use to have two of those.

I don't really agree with this at all. I game at 1920x1200 res. My 2600K + GT240 512MB couldn't even handle Mount & Blade warband without stuttering, while my A6-3650 + iGPU can play it fine. Can't beat that Frys deal!!!!!

yes i have a 19in LCD, i am using an integrated GPU its a 4250 and it sucks so im thinking a A8 with the built in gpu would be a improvement.

I don't really agree with this at all. I game at 1920x1200 res. My 2600K + GT240 512MB couldn't even handle Mount & Blade warband without stuttering, while my A6-3650 + iGPU can play it fine. Can't beat that Frys deal!!!!!

not sure if you're serious or not but benchmarks say otherwise.... big time. Also you can get a 9800gtx usually for around 50 here on hardforums.

yes i have a 19in LCD, i am using an integrated GPU its a 4250 and it sucks so im thinking a A8 with the built in gpu would be a improvement.

absolutely would be an improvement.

plus, you can snag a hd6450 and crossfire it later and get a big time boost. I have an a8 setup with an hd6450 in crossfire, and I love it.

Is it comparable to my real PC? nah, but it isn't supposed to be.

I know the llano can't play Rage. It gets ~15fps.

I don't know if it's a bug, or shitty amd drivers.
luckily, Rage was a shitty game not worth playing.

I was thinking of the 250, the 240 is a really shitty video card, not sure why anyone would buy one, so maybe it is possible. Still my previous point stands an i3 setup with a 50 dollar used video card will blow away llano for the same price.

Yes, it would be an improvement. But like DejaWiz said, why not just buy a videocard if its the integrated graphics chip that sucks? 140 spent on a videocard will give you a system that will monkey stomp all over llano in gaming situations.

built in GPU isnt as powerful as a $60 discrete card. Llano a8-3850 can play a lot of games decent when overclocked... but your going to get a lot further by going amd 955 BE with AMD 6670, geforce 9800, 4850, 5750,5770,6770, etc.

AMD 955 BE $105~
AMD LLano a8-3850 $140~

If you buy a used ATI 4850 or geforce 9800GT your going to get much better FPS and only pay $10-20 more. not only that but AM3 gives you better motherboard selection where someday you can upgrade to bulldozer if you go AM3+ (if you wish)

Back