GameStop Stock keeps going up no end in sight

Maybe that is what they are saying, but if you read the posts they are all talking about buying rocket ships and lambos.
This is driven by nothing but greed by the majority.
perhaps you should read all the threads about how much GME "tendies" are being given back to charities... What I made the last 2 weeks of Jan almost made up for the substantial drop in income I had last year. After this go round, I'm planning on donating some of my earnings to the local animal shelter.

perhaps you should read all the threads about how much GME "tendies" are being given back to charities... What I made the last 2 weeks of Jan almost made up for the substantial drop in income I had last year. After this go round, I'm planning on donating some of my earnings to the local animal shelter.
Hedgefund operators and workers, bankers and brokers donate to charities too.

At that point, just stick money in an index fund that tracks the S&P and leave it there. Never sell it.
S&P generally doesn't do 12%+ (but it has over the last few years). I have outperformed the S&P over the last 5, but not by much, so you're not wrong. Nevertheless, I still do it and for now will continue to do so.

If you bought in early, now is the time to sell...or at least reduce your holdings.
The more people get fully vaccinated....the more this stock will tumble.
Once people have the ability to get out of the house and do things other than gaming, the demand will fall off a cliff.

Last edited:
Hedgefund operators and workers, bankers and brokers donate to charities too.

Oh poor hedgefund operators and their minimal number of employees and tax write off donations. That industry is a joke ontop of a scam, built on the backs of burnt out discarded young labourors, with one of the highest revenue to employee ratios out there.

If you bought in early, now is the time to sell...or at least reduce your holdings.
The more people get fully vaccinated....the more this stock will tumble.
Once people have the ability to get out of the house and do things other than gaming, the demand will fall off a cliff.
If you think Gamestop's stock run has been because of increased demand for gaming and increased sales then you haven't been paying attention.

If you think Gamestop's stock run has been because of increased demand for gaming and increased sales then you haven't been paying attention.

The exact same thing can be said for the stock price dropping in the first place.

Oh poor hedgefund operators and their minimal number of employees and tax write off donations. That industry is a joke ontop of a scam, built on the backs of burnt out discarded young labourors, with one of the highest revenue to employee ratios out there.
The point is that saying your'e going to give money to charity is nothing special. But whatever. Hold your stock till the end when Gamestop is gone (or a shadow of itself, which is already a shadow of its old self).

Not saying that at all.
What I am saying is that once the hedge fund guys go broke and people get vaccinated and head back to work, this will implode...rapidly.
The assets are not representative of the current value, so whoever is holding stock till the end will see it plummet and be left with useless paper.

Last edited:
Smart move by Gamestop. Perfect time to dilute this junk even more for the Company.

Necro Thread, I know, but Gamestop is regularly trading over 280 now. Last close was 305....

I would imagine some here may be wise enough to hop on the rocket....

Necro Thread, I know, but Gamestop is regularly trading over 280 now. Last close was 305....

I would imagine some here may be wise enough to hop on the rocket....

Is there an actual business case for Gamestop beyond a bunch of Reddit kids pumping it? I don't think I know a single gamer who even shops there anymore, myself included. The only thing I can see is that they raise enough money from people piling in that they manage to somehow reinvent the company, but we still haven't seen any business plan, and they're still going head to head against Steam, Epic, Best Buy, Wal Mart, etc. Do they have anything that makes them a compelling investment in this environment beyond Reddit enthusiasm? Like is there a real business case here about how they're expected to grow into their rocket ship valuation?

Is there an actual business case for Gamestop beyond a bunch of Reddit kids pumping it?

People like to shop at stores where they can look around, see different things, and talk to a human about them. It's also great for returns.

People like to shop at stores where they can look around, see different things, and talk to a human about them. It's also great for returns.

Sure, but most companies are moving sales to primarily, or exclusively, digital, not brick and mortar retail, and this has been reflected in sales trends. I can't think of a single reason that I actually need to go to a GameStop (or EB Games here in Canada).

Is there an actual business case for Gamestop beyond a bunch of Reddit kids pumping it? I don't think I know a single gamer who even shops there anymore, myself included. The only thing I can see is that they raise enough money from people piling in that they manage to somehow reinvent the company, but we still haven't seen any business plan, and they're still going head to head against Steam, Epic, Best Buy, Wal Mart, etc. Do they have anything that makes them a compelling investment in this environment beyond Reddit enthusiasm? Like is there a real business case here about how they're expected to grow into their rocket ship valuation?

Their online sales was triple their in-store sales at last earnings, and they've completely re-staffed their board of directors with Amazon and Chewy execs. On top of that, they're launching an as-yet detailed NFT, which some beleive may be a blockchain solution to selling and buying pre-owned digital games.

My outlook is bullish.

Their online sales was triple their in-store sales at last earnings, and they've completely re-staffed their board of directors with Amazon and Chewy execs. On top of that, they're launching an as-yet detailed NFT, which some beleive may be a blockchain solution to selling and buying pre-owned digital games.

My outlook is bullish.
Same! The 30% some odd drop in share price yesterday didn't even really phase me. I'm not a believer in the MOASS but I do think that Ryan Cohen is going to make GameStop a $50+billion company within the next few years

Now hold on HockeyJon: as of this message you now know of someone who does shop at GameStop...on rare occasion. 2 reasons really: let's start with one of the elephants or 800 pound gorillas in the room which is what they do with new games in-store. Yes they'll open up the box of each one, put the disc or game card in a drawer behind the cashier therefore kind of making a new game not a new game. However; there is a loophole to this policy. That loophole is if you preorder a game in-store or online at GameStop they actually take all the copies paid for either partially, halfway or all the way and they don't touch those copies. They leave them factory-sealed with their total newness intact. That is though only if you preorder in-store or online.

Now, the 2nd reason I shop there is for acquiring games/consoles/accessories that are limited edition, special edition, collector's edition, etc. Due to the lack of trust many gamers have with the retailer they more often than not become the last place to sell out of that kind of product. The sold out order for that kind of product usually goes like this:

1a. Amazon
1b. Best Buy
3. Target
4. Walmart
5. Gamestop

Case in point, when the limited edition Switch Pro Controller for Monster Hunter Rise came out Amazon and Best Buy sold out before they could even activate their Add to Cart button properly. Then came Target and Walmart very soon after. GameStop still had stock of the Pro Controller online for 2.5 days after the retail SKU came up. While I got my Monster Hunter Rise Pro Controller on day 1 it goes to show that if you don't want to miss out on anything limited edition, special edition, collector's edition GameStop will have stock for at least a little longer than everybody else because...so few people trust them they won't shop there unless they have no other choice. I take advantage of that whenever I can. Thanks and until next time I am out!

Up 20 percent today first gain in two years suspect the PS5 made a difference during the Holiday.

Up 20 percent today first gain in two years suspect the PS5 made a difference during the Holiday.
Or - they've axed costs down to bare minimum to stay alive and not much else changed. 20% is an irrational jump for the activity they posted which means yes, it's still a meme stock and you'll likely lose your shirt if you buy in now.

How are they still in business. I think there is only 1 left in my area. Down from 3. They even closed the one at my local mall.

How are they still in business. I think there is only 1 left in my area. Down from 3. They even closed the one at my local mall.

There are somehow two in my area, though I doubt there will be for too much longer. Stock at them both has been pretty rough for a while now. Doesn’t seem like they’re being well supplied since neither ever seems all that busy.

There are somehow two in my area, though I doubt there will be for too much longer. Stock at them both has been pretty rough for a while now. Doesn’t seem like they’re being well supplied since neither ever seems all that busy.
I don't even remember the last time I was in the one near me.

Or - they've axed costs down to bare minimum to stay alive and not much else changed. 20% is an irrational jump for the activity they posted which means yes, it's still a meme stock and you'll likely lose your shirt if you buy in now.
Defintely axed cost down given their revenue barely change (2.22 billion ending 01/28/23 vs 2.25 billion ending 01/29/22), but their expenses gone down (1.72 billion vs 1.875 billion for cost of sales and 453 million vs 538 million for administrative cost).

Defintely axed cost down given their revenue barely change (2.22 billion ending 01/28/23 vs 2.25 billion ending 01/29/22), but their expenses gone down (1.72 billion vs 1.875 billion for cost of sales and 453 million vs 538 million for administrative cost).
I like the DD. They're turning this ship around. $1000 dollars this week and likely $2000 on the open on Monday morning. Diamond hands my boys.

There are 8 within a 15 mile radius of me. 7 of them are a 15-minute drive or less away.

There are 8 within a 15 mile radius of me. 7 of them are a 15-minute drive or less away.
There were 3 in one mall about 10 years ago lol. When GameStop brought up all the competition back in the day they just converted all the different stores into Gamestops. They all stayed open for awhile. I don't believe there are any left in there. Seem they are shutting down all stores in malls.

Back