GameStop Stock keeps going up no end in sight

Linus donated errr invested 50K on GME. RIP Linus's testicles because his wife did not sound happy when he called her on the show. 😨
He's got kids, 3 I think(?), his testicles have no further use. Plus I wouldn't be surprised from all his various channels on youtube, sponsors, and merch if he doesn't clear 50k a day

He's got kids, 3 I think(?), his testicles have no further use. Plus I wouldn't be surprised from all his various channels on youtube, sponsors, and merch if he doesn't clear 50k a day

He is rich, has a succesful company and lives comfortably but I doubt 50k is something he would gladly sneeze away on a whim. Multimillionaire he is not. But yeah, his balls have served their purpose. :D

If he did it for a video I imagine he can find a way to put the loss (if they occur) as company loss ?

So we are witnessing a classic pump and dump scheme - with a twist of people organizing online to squeeze shorts in a heavily shorted stock. The stock will collapse spectacularly in the near future with most of those buying at these levels losing a ton of money. We had all sorts of bubbles / manias / pyramid schemes in the past and we will have them again (such is the human nature). Don't get what all the excitement is about. I feel terrible for all of those who are about to lose a ton of money on this stock.

Reactions: MrC4
like this
https://www.investors.com/etfs-and-...antly-make-16-billion-gamestop-stock-squeeze/

The more I think about this, the more I'm starting to doubt reddit is behind this. This is market maker vs market maker. It makes sense when you think about it. Who has the capital to really pull this type of stuff off? And if and when things go south, because we're all looking at WSB, they're the ones who are going to take all the blame in the end.

So we are witnessing a classic pump and dump scheme - with a twist of people organizing online to squeeze shorts in a heavily shorted stock. The stock will collapse spectacularly in the near future with most of those buying at these levels losing a ton of money. We had all sorts of bubbles / manias / pyramid schemes in the past and we will have them again (such is the human nature). Don't get what all the excitement is about. I feel terrible for all of those who are about to lose a ton of money on this stock.

The thing is, they KNOW they are going to loose money. That is not the point, the point is to make Hedgefunds lose BILLIONS, which they have already, because the people in the movement are pretty much holding the stocks as hostages and Hedgefunds have to buy the stocks they "loaned" but did not even own back with ridiculous mark up. A surgical strike done at the right time when Wallstreet was gaming their rigged system but instead of getting richer as usual it blew in their faces. As Linus pointed out, this is very much Occupy Wallstreet done right. And I agree because this actually does something as it hits them where it matters; in their wallets.

The thing is, they KNOW they are going to loose money. That is not the point, the point is to make Hedgefunds lose BILLIONS, which they have already, because the people in the movement are pretty much holding the stocks as hostages and Hedgefunds have to buy the stocks they "loaned" but did not even own back with ridiculous mark up. A surgical strike done at the right time when Wallstreet was gaming their rigged system but instead of getting richer as usual it blew in their faces. As Linus pointed out, this is very much Occupy Wallstreet done right. And I agree because this actually does something as it hits them where it matters; in their wallets.

Right but hedge funds have historically also lost billions, especially playing in the derivative space. This is nothing new. There have been countless hedge funds that lost money and went out of business. Its not like this is the first time hedge funds are losing money. I just dont get this whole thing or the point of it - except to part naïve people from their money.

The thing is, they KNOW they are going to loose money
Clearly these investors will be huge net gainers (Some certainly will lose). Billions are pouring out of the leech Hedge Funds pockets and into the hands of the common man. It's brilliant. Best thing to happen in America in a decade.

It's likely no longer a good financial play, but I absolutely plan to invest a token amount...just to be a part of something so beautiful and right. And FUN.

Last edited:
https://www.investors.com/etfs-and-...antly-make-16-billion-gamestop-stock-squeeze/

The more I think about this, the more I'm starting to doubt reddit is behind this. This is market maker vs market maker. It makes sense when you think about it. Who has the capital to really pull this type of stuff off? And if and when things go south, because we're all looking at WSB, they're the ones who are going to take all the blame in the end.
Those are generally long positions though - they've been held for a LONG time (since last year for almost all of them, if not prior). They just made bank, but they didn't trigger a rally - they'd have to be buying that number of shares ~now~ to have that effect.

Those are generally long positions though - they've been held for a LONG time (since last year for almost all of them, if not prior). They just made bank, but they didn't trigger a rally - they'd have to be buying that number of shares ~now~ to have that effect.
Those are the last disclosed updates, not the last updates themselves. But it's less about them, and more about the percentage they own. And I obviously wouldn't know this, because street investors aren't going to buy enough that their positions get disclosed.

I'm just not so sure that there isn't someone else behind the curtains pulling the strings.

And it's not about redditors, who are more than free to do with what they want with their money. Buy, sell, hold, whatever. I'm just starting to feel that while they think they're holding to beat the big bad guy, they're really helping another big bad guy get rich off an inevitable drop at the same time (at their expense).

Right but hedge funds have historically also lost billions, especially playing in the derivative space. This is nothing new. There have been countless hedge funds that lost money and went out of business. Its not like this is the first time hedge funds are losing money. I just dont get this whole thing or the point of it - except to part naïve people from their money.

Honestly, I have no idea how much this actually differs from the previous times the hedgefunds were losing billions. I just have an impression that having generic public involved on this extent is completely unprecedented and some in the wall street are extremely worried to the point that they are risking jailtime with their blatant market manipulation and attempts to block general public from buying those shares (and just the public, does not apply to the rich so no level playing field).

If nothing else, it is certainly entertaining. Because you know what happens when young adults who technically are quite intelligent but are still deep down on the level of a 13 year old get a hold of a LOT of money? This. 🤣

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/l8rf4k/times_square_right_now/

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/l8rlea/good_morning_to_everyone_except_robinhood/

Last edited:
bullseye-008.jpg

If it was one evil Goliath versus another...they threaten to sink all their ships together.

That's why such spin makes absolutely zero sense. They are way too smart for potential suicide. These types play nice w/other members of their club.

So no it's not: "market maker vs market maker."

Last edited:
Actually yes, the link was misleading when placed with the statement. Should have taken that out, it really has nothing to do with market makers.

Market makers aren't evil goliaths, they provide market liquidity. And yes they're winning. Original intent still stands.

This is as close to a sure thing as one can get in short squeezes. At one point the short interest in GME was 140% (currently this). They wanted to bankrupt GME and are now paying the consequences. They owe more shares than there are to be had. They’re @#$&ed and those holding shares are going to rake it in.

Potentially scary stuff if you read through its entirety (linked site & linked sites links) (TLDR at end):

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreet..._real_reason_wall_street_is_terrified_of_the/

TLDR: The theory is that everyone buying into $GME is exposing that more shares are publicly available than should be mathematically possible based on the number of shares issued by $GME themselves. This would expose long-known but failed to be proven (due to capabilities to hide the numbers by HF's, MM's and the like) corruption as to the level of counterfeit shares being created on a regular basis across the entire market. While not yet conclusive, the numbers do appear very compelling.

EDIT:

Wrong link, fixed.

Lol that 4th edit about mud huts.
FinTwitter in general has been vaguely talking about trust - though I don't think it was going down the rabbit hole that's discussed in that WSB thread.

This thread I was reading yesterday in essence described it more as a plumbing issue. The scary part is more on people who haven't already realized those gains held in a safe brokerage.
https://twitter.com/compound248/status/1355274739351248898

Lol that 4th edit about mud huts.
FinTwitter in general has been vaguely talking about trust - though I don't think it was going down the rabbit hole that's discussed in that WSB thread.

This thread I was reading yesterday in essence described it more as a plumbing issue. The scary part is more on people who haven't already realized those gains held in a safe brokerage.
https://twitter.com/compound248/status/1355274739351248898
What a fantastic breakdown, thanks for this.

Ah... according to Bloomberg, GameStop does have a pending new stock issue - this could get even more interesting!
CW is though that the bankers holding on to this new stock are waiting for the peak of the squeeze to issue, thus creating the maximum possible value

Yep has 3 kids and not only do they have no further use, he cant use them again even if he wanted to.

But yeah, I'm sure your right on him clearing 50k a day.

They are trying really hard to manipulate people into buying silver...I don't even have anything invested and I got a news article this morning popping up saying that silver was the new target (hint: it isn't).

Reactions: Nobu
like this
Yeah, I was seeing silver everywhere on mainstream sites, then I went to wsb and people saying it was bogus.

Just waiting for my funds to clear, once done, I'll have 2K U$D to put on GME.

Even if I lose it all, I can tell the next generation I fought the good fight.

Yeah, I was seeing silver everywhere on mainstream sites, then I went to wsb and people saying it was bogus.

It's not bogus from the physical standpoint. Inventory is cleared out EVERYWHERE. Paper silver is going to be exposed for the charade that it is.

I've been following the precious metal markets for a while. Don't have much invested, about 10oz of silver in my safe, but I still follow with interest. There are metal market analysts who have been encouraging buy silver for a very long time, and now the price is quite high historically. When the BIG players start shouting "Buy" on the metals, it's a good indication to not buy. Might get some short term gains, but probably about to crash back down to normal/low prices.

People were panic buying gold and silver when covid hit just like toliet paper.

It's not going up again if it does it's because Gamestop is actually doing well at Retail level.
If Walmart stock starts going up like crazy I'll be one happy camper.

I had a idea in my head to buy both AMD a few years ago and Gamestop a few weeks ago I did neither I don't even have an account to do so.

Last edited:
It's not going up again if it does it's because Gamestop is actually doing well at Retail level.
If Walmart stock starts going up like crazy I'll be one happy camper.

I had a idea in my head to buy both AMD a few years ago
and Gamestop a few weeks ago I did neither I don't even have an account to do so.

Such is life. Everyone has tons of good ideas to make money, but without action the ideas are meaningless.

Ah... according to Bloomberg, GameStop does have a pending new stock issue - this could get even more interesting!
CW is though that the bankers holding on to this new stock are waiting for the peak of the squeeze to issue, thus creating the maximum possible value
I am not sure I understand correctly.

Don't you mean Gamestop has a decision to take about issuing new stock (not banker, I am not sure how a bank can issue Gamestop new stock) to cash in, despite knowing that is fraud territory to issue knowingly stock so over evaluated to take advantage of redditors (if it turn out timing wise to be the case)

Nice! It is good to be greedy, glad you didn't get too greedy.
I'm surprised it did what it did, if I had gotten in near the floor at roughly $20/share I so would have sold when it neared $400 fuck that "hold the line" bullshit money is money. Even with just a few shares, that's buy a video card from scalpers level of money.. well lower end video cards, if it was a couple thousand initially investment that's "my kid is going to college and I don't have to worry about paying for it" level of money.... maybe.

So yeah, extremely surprised it did what it did for as long as it did, because it was kind of sounding like collusion to bump up the price of the stock with people who got in really early (like a year ago early) and then you see all these stories about how they made millions, some of those guys sure as hell didn't "hold the line" but like anything in life, you let the peons take the losses.

I am not sure I understand correctly.

Don't you mean Gamestop has a decision to take about issuing new stock (not banker, I am not sure how a bank can issue Gamestop new stock) to cash in, despite knowing that is fraud territory to issue knowingly stock so over evaluated to take advantage of redditors (if it turn out timing wise to be the case)
You can issue at any price. Market decides if it buys or not

I'm surprised it did what it did, if I had gotten in near the floor at roughly $20/share I so would have sold when it neared $400 fuck that "hold the line" bullshit money is money. Even with just a few shares, that's buy a video card from scalpers level of money.. well lower end video cards, if it was a couple thousand initially investment that's "my kid is going to college and I don't have to worry about paying for it" level of money.... maybe.

So yeah, extremely surprised it did what it did for as long as it did, because it was kind of sounding like collusion to bump up the price of the stock with people who got in really early (like a year ago early) and then you see all these stories about how they made millions, some of those guys sure as hell didn't "hold the line" but like anything in life, you let the peons take the losses.
Got in at 34.20 a share, bought 34 shares i should have dumped when it hit $430 but I “held the line” screw it i made a very nice profit that will be put away incase of future hardships

Back