Gamestop Doesn't Price Match Their Website?

mrorange43

Limp Gawd
Stupid policy. I wanted to buy L4D2 at the online advertised price of 30 bucks. Went to the store and they told me it was 53 after tax. When I brought up their online price they said that "prices on the website are different than prices in store". wtf? I mean, I guess I shouldn't really be surprised but it pissed me off nonetheless. Didn't make the purchase.

fuck gamepoop. buy it at amazon free shipping for $30

fuck gamestop. got it at amazon free shipping for $30

If they intended it to be $30 in store, wouldn't they have priced it at $30 in store? Most stores would give you the same response, especially on black friday.

me and a friend went to Gamestop after calling to make sure we could get L4D 2 for $30 in store

our Gamestop honored the price

not sure why yours didn't, it's probably run by douchebags

sometimes even though it's the same chain, different stores will have different levels of douchebags running them

your store has some piss poor douchebags running it.

sorry about your story bro

If they intended it to be $30 in store, wouldn't they have priced it at $30 in store? Most stores would give you the same response, especially on black friday.

I disagree with that. I always have companies price match their online counterparts. I think it's BS when the prices are different.

Gamestop tried to do this to me when I bought SFIV. The price was $39.99, but I told them it was $20 on their website. They checked online and said they'd match it. However, when it rang up, they didn't have to do anything becuase it rang up at $20.

I don't see how black friday has anything to do with them not honoring the price...

It's definately just that some gamestops are run by douchebags.

Incorrect sir. All game stops are run by douche bags. Just a matter of going in when their not working :)
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I've never heard of a store price matching online. It's two different marketplaces. Some people seem to be lucky here and have gotten a price match, it doesn't hurt to ask. But in the fine print of any ad/price matching policy most stores will ask for proof of an ad that has circulated in the area and the prices are still valid. It might piss you off but B&M stores would all go under if they had to pricematch for online prices. It's only a step away from pulling up pricewatch and asking them to match.

I've never heard of a store price matching online. It's two different marketplaces. Some people seem to be lucky here and have gotten a price match, it doesn't hurt to ask. But in the fine print of any ad/price matching policy most stores will ask for proof of an ad that has circulated in the area and the prices are still valid. It might piss you off but B&M stores would all go under if they had to pricematch for online prices. It's only a step away from pulling up pricewatch and asking them to match.

This was their OWN online price!

it is silly but a lot of stores do it. Best Buy will match their online prices but you better bring a copy of it with you because their internal website is different. I thought they got in trouble for that a few years ago but they certainly are still doing it.

Wal Mart sure as hell wont match their online prices though. they had a controller for 30 bucks online but 40 bucks in the store. it makes no sense because you can order online and then pick up in the store for that price. I mean just give the one I am looking at right now instead of making me jump through hoops. lol

That is very odd. I think someone at gamestop doesnt know wtf they are doing....

I actually had just called my gamestop today to check inventory and she quoted me the $49.99 price. I told her it was on sale for $29.99 and she looked it up on the website and said "oh yup youre right, so its $29.99 then".

Its a sale, it should be the same for all gamestops. Looks like you got stuck with the stupid one.

As others have said though, no tax and like 20cents cheaper at amazon. However, itll also be 2 weeks heh.

The store's inventory and the sites inventory are two totally separate entities. The prices of used game and the deals they offer are pretty much based off supply and demand and since they have two separate inventories they have two sets of prices.

The store's inventory and the sites inventory are two totally separate entities. The prices of used game and the deals they offer are pretty much based off supply and demand and since they have two separate inventories they have two sets of prices.

I would tend to disagree with this as well. I've always received sale price from the web site at B&M stores. Gamestop, Best Buy, Target... they've always honored THEIR online prices in store.

I know for a fact that this isn't true for Best Buy. The online site and the B&M stores share an inventory database that synchronizes around midnight. I recently bought a guitar from best buy and they shipped me a drum set. I got to learn about the whole process waaaay more than any customer should. I would imagine that most other places run like this as well.

On a side note, I'm tired of this seperate entity bullshit these stores are pulling. If I can buy something on line and pick it up in your store, or even return something I bought online to the B&M store -- YOU ARE THE SAME DAMN COMPANY!

I disagree with that. I always have companies price match their online counterparts. I think it's BS when the prices are different.

Gamestop tried to do this to me when I bought SFIV. The price was $39.99, but I told them it was $20 on their website. They checked online and said they'd match it. However, when it rang up, they didn't have to do anything becuase it rang up at $20.

I don't see how black friday has anything to do with them not honoring the price...

GS will do this alot. They can receieve up to 400 price changes in one day, and if someone is lazy, they wont sticker the game properly, so it will say $39.99, but than ring it up and it shows that $20. Kinda normal.

I am going to go along with the answer of, it depends on the level of the douchebag's that work there. A level 1 douchebag will treat you nice, a level 20 douchebag will sick the manager on you.

I would tend to disagree with this as well. I've always received sale price from the web site at B&M stores. Gamestop, Best Buy, Target... they've always honored THEIR online prices in store.

I know for a fact that this isn't true for Best Buy. The online site and the B&M stores share an inventory database that synchronizes around midnight. I recently bought a guitar from best buy and they shipped me a drum set. I got to learn about the whole process waaaay more than any customer should. I would imagine that most other places run like this as well.

On a side note, I'm tired of this seperate entity bullshit these stores are pulling. If I can buy something on line and pick it up in your store, or even return something I bought online to the B&M store -- YOU ARE THE SAME DAMN COMPANY!
sorry but you are WRONG if you think that Best Buys internal site and the website are the same. I have encountered this MANY times over the years. just a few months ago they had several video cards on sale but in the store they were still showing regular price even if they looked them up. I also bought headphones there not too long ago and had to get a manager to match their online price because it was not the same price in the store. it happens all the time there.

as for as Gamestop goes they will not match their online price in my experience. I was looking at 5 year old used game that was $26.99 on the website but $29.99 the store and they told they could not match it. its pretty stupid that I could drive back home and order the exact game thats right in front of me at the local store for a different price then me picking it up right then. a week later I said screw it and bought the game and it rang up $24.99 anyway.

For a laff I went in and asked if they had battletoads.

The only store ive ever seen not price match their own website, is like FRYs, since outpost.com really was different than "FRYS". I really dont run into stores often that wont match their own price thats online. That is just stupid. Its clearly not store policy since some of us clearly have no problem pricematching websites while others do. I really hate some inconsistencies I see like that.

The only store ive ever seen not price match their own website, is like FRYs, since outpost.com really was different than "FRYS". I really dont run into stores often that wont match their own price thats online. That is just stupid. Its clearly not store policy since some of us clearly have no problem pricematching websites while others do. I really hate some inconsistencies I see like that.
there are probably more stores that DONT match their online price than DO. even big stores like Target and Wal Mart do not match online prices at all.

It seems pretty simple to me, ether they want my business or they don't. I'll offer the local store the oportunity to price match in order to keep my business. They will ether take the oportunity or not. I've also found that you can haggle pretty much anywhere there is a sales person of any sort involved, it never hurts to at the very least give it a try.

Gamestop sucks balls not surprisingly. I hate buying games from there even though I have no choice sometimes.

This is odd, as I bought a copy from Gamestop in Plano, TX
They actually had sticker tagged all the copies with a "20 dollars off!" tag.
So I got it at $29.99. I did call ahead, as I never go to Gamestop.

Battletoads was an awesome game.

FUCK BATTLETOADS.
You ever played the snake pit level?
Yeah. FUCK BATTLETOADS.

You mean the one where you are rapelling or whatever down and can swing kick the stuff? I loved that level, power kicking the crap out of stuff. :D

Hmmm been way too long since I played... is it a retardedly stupid level that nobody ever beat? Cause me and my brothers ran into one of those.

actually i work for one of the largest if not the largest now automotive retailers and we honor any online price be it our own or any major competitor.....sometimes you can go to our own website and find a part $10 cheaper than in the store, we can bring up our own site prices on our terminals and change the price at the drop of a hat, there's even a price match code for matching our own website price......its called good business

Hmmm been way too long since I played... is it a retardedly stupid level that nobody ever beat? Cause me and my brothers ran into one of those.

Nah, thats the hover bike racer one, after the rappelling one. That stage does indeed suck.
I honestly thought it was a joke and wouldn't get any worse, after the bikes. The snake pit is a map of hell. Stuff of nightmares. Tears man. Tears...

For the record, I went to another Gamestop a few blocks away and they had the stickers promoting the 29.99 sale price. I got it for 29.99 although the salesperson got slightly confused when it rang up at the lower price and had to double check the price with the other salesperson. Interesting.

Yeah, I have had this problem before with them. I went off on why the game I was buying was more expensive in store.

actually i work for one of the largest if not the largest now automotive retailers and we honor any online price be it our own or any major competitor.....sometimes you can go to our own website and find a part $10 cheaper than in the store, we can bring up our own site prices on our terminals and change the price at the drop of a hat, there's even a price match code for matching our own website price......its called good business

I didn't say nobody would do that, but your case is definitely a bit unusual. As others have mentioned target, walmart, and sometimes even best buy will not do it.

As someone else said often the online store is a separate entity. If they have thousands of extra copies of a game but each store only has a few, clearly they might want to clear copies out of the warehouse without discounting those in store. I don't see how its fair to say they absolutely cannot separate those prices and make it cheaper online. For the same reason, they won't pricematch a clearance or closeout price from another store either.

What's the big deal? Just buy it online.

Back