Gamescom Game Ready Driver 436.02

It's on the game developer to fix the shit that they didn't implement correctly:

https://www.quora.com/How-do-game-developers-learn-to-program-DirectX-12

"The problem with all of this low-level access is that developers are given plenty of rope with which to hang themselves. They need to optimize properly for the underlying architectures, manage buffers and work queues appropriately, and distribute work across multiple CPU cores. And when something inevitably goes wrong, figuring out the root cause becomes more complex. To help developers, Nvidia announced new tools for software development that will all work with DX12: nSight, Nvidia Aftermath, and PIX for Windows."

https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-talks-dx12-including-gameworks-support/
Exactly. DX12 requires different code paths for each IHV since the architectures between them are very different. If they just copy pasta'd the AMD code for NVIDIA then they're going to have issues.

For the record, I have not had any issues with The Division 2 running in DirectX 12.

It's on the game developer to fix the shit that they didn't implement correctly

That still does not mean that it cannot be an intrinsic problem with hardware, or driver. As I have said before, it is recognized that it is an issue from nVidia, and the developers are working with them to resolve it. But to think that only a developer can fix a problem that is intrinsic to another party's IP is nothing but asinine (q.v. Intel's loop stream detector for Skylake's architecture causing crashes). I understand the point you are making and where the chunk of responsibility can be to. But you cannot deny that issues can also be due to Microsoft, or AMD, nVidia, or whoever. That thinking is too unscientific and based on assumptions.

https://www.twitch.tv/thedivisionga...tHassaanChop?filter=clips&range=30d&sort=time

This is one of the better driver releases in a long time for me. I definitely notice a difference with low latency mode set to ultra, and integer scaling 1080p up to 4K actually looks "good". Not that I'll be using it that often, but it helps for that competitive FPS mode I don't have time for anymore.

I was having crashes with Ultra low latency enabled, in Star Wars Battlefront II running in DX12 mode. Would crash just loading up, playing the intro, crash just sitting in the menu. Turned off Ultra Low latency, helped, but still crashed out some. Went back to DX11, all good. I should try re-enabling Ultra low latency mode...

Annoying as shit having an unstable nVidia driver... been many years since they had an issue for me (like so long I can't recall the last time).

These drivers killed my Windows 7 Experience score! :eek:

nvidYa_good.png

nvidYa_bad.png

AGHHHHHH!!!! :p:LOL:

Very reproducible. And my 4790K will easily score 7.9 @ 4.9ghz, so at 5.1ghz, wtf Nvidia!

Still, I can't live without the ultra low lag mode now, so not rolling back. My 3dmarky mark score is the same, so...

Also, I seem to remember this happening before, like AGES ago (5 years) with my 2600K. Suddenly couldn't do 7.9 anymore so then I proceeded to overclock it to death over the next few days. Might well have been the exact same thing!

View attachment 182844

View attachment 182845

Very reproducible. And my 4790K will easily score 7.9 @ 4.9ghz, so at 5.1ghz, wtf Nvidia!

Still, I can't live without the ultra low lag mode now, so not rolling back. My 3dmarky mark score is the same, so...

Also, I seem to remember this happening before, like AGES ago (5 years) with my 2600K. Suddenly couldn't do 7.9 anymore so then I proceeded to overclock it to death over the next few days. Might well have been the exact same thing!

lol. windows experience. lol.

LELELELELELELELELLELELELELELELELELELELELLELELELELELELEEL!

I was having crashes with Ultra low latency enabled, in Star Wars Battlefront II running in DX12 mode. Would crash just loading up, playing the intro, crash just sitting in the menu. Turned off Ultra Low latency, helped, but still crashed out some. Went back to DX11, all good. I should try re-enabling Ultra low latency mode...

Annoying as shit having an unstable nVidia driver... been many years since they had an issue for me (like so long I can't recall the last time).
Manage the setting in your application profiles. I would not recommend enabling it globally. It is a beta feature with caveats. Helps to RTFM.
upload_2019-8-26_10-31-29.png

Reactions: Auer
like this
*Anxiously awaits the next driver that will have Ultra Low Latency functioning in DX12*

Kinda stupid to not support DX12, but be a global option. Or, the drivers are smart enough to not enable it when you are running DX12...

So your interpretation of the release notes may not be accurate.

Beta features just being Beta...

It simply has no impact in DX12 because DX12 is a low-level API, and any control the driver would normally have over frame pacing is bypassed. The engine is in full control of frame delivery.

This option should just inherently do nothing in DX12 mode.

View attachment 182844

View attachment 182845

So there is someone that still uses the windows experience benchmark. This is a joke post right?

So there is someone that still uses the windows experience benchmark. This is a joke post right?

I don't think anyone, anywhere, ever actually used that thing for anything! The score means nothing, and fails to provide even relative performance measurement. It's completely and absolutely useless. :p

I just found it curious that a GPU driver update causes the CPU score to drop. I'll probably have to contact nvidia directly so that they're aware of this critical issue.

I don't think anyone, anywhere, ever actually used that thing for anything! The score means nothing, and fails to provide even relative performance measurement. It's completely and absolutely useless. :p

I just found it curious that a GPU driver update causes the CPU score to drop. I'll probably have to contact nvidia directly so that they're aware of this critical issue.

Yeah what would prompt you to even bother running that pos though?

It does? I've never noticed. I'll have to look and see.

If you update the graphics driver, it greys out the score, and then runs quietly at some point when the PC is idle. Unless you've disabled the WinSAT maintenance task.

Anyone with a 1080ti try these on Apex or BFV? I'm running really solid right now, so I'm hesitant to change anything. Heard the Apex improvements may only help 20X0 cards.

Back