Games you've bought multiple times.

HL2 and HL2 Ep2

Not voluntarily though, Valves FORCED you to re-buy these products if you already owned them with the orange box (note that a black box, with a cheaper price, without these 2 products was originally announced and later retracted)

If I lose game discs or whatever I usually just download a copy of the disc, if you have a legit key and you bought the software then this isn't illegal in most countries.

Warcraft III
RA and RAII
Starcraft
Diablo II and Expa
and my all-time fav: Fallout II and Baldur's Gate II (considering buying another copy)

HL2 and HL2 Ep2

Not voluntarily though, Valves FORCED you to re-buy these products if you already owned them with the orange box (note that a black box, with a cheaper price, without these 2 products was originally announced and later retracted)

If I lose game discs or whatever I usually just download a copy of the disc, if you have a legit key and you bought the software then this isn't illegal in most countries.

I can't believe people still complain about the price of the Orange Box. I would have payed $50 for TF2 alone.

Ya, orange box was a pretty good deal, TF2 and Portal were/are a lot of fun. Regardless, that and MVC2 were my only repurchases...I probably have about 3 or 4 discs of that game floating around. :( A petty because they seem to be worth some $$ now...

Bought Starcraft around 2 or 3 times. Kept losing the disc, now I have a burned copy, which is fine since I have the CDKey memorized.

- Neverwinter Nights 1 (bought the original game when it first came out, bought the platinum edition later because it was cheaper than buying the two expansions standalone)
- Icewind Dale (traded it to a friend for Diablo + Hellfire)
- Baldur's Gate 1 (lend it to a friend, who broke one of the CDs)
- Baldur's Gate 2

- Bought the D&D collection, which included NWN1 (yes, I have three copies of NWN), BG, IWD

Bought Oblivion once for 360 when it was first released, then I rebought the GotY on 360, later again on PS3, and most recently again on the PC. So four copies total. Only game I ever bought so many times.

This is not at all a complete list. Thinking about this makes me like Steam that much more. No disks or keys to lose.

Half-Life x 2
Starcraft x 3 or 4...
Warcraft II BNE x 3
Warcraft III x 2
Deus Ex x 3
Final Fantasy VII x 2
Metal Gear Solid x 2

Do re-releases count? If so...
Chrono Trigger x 3
Finaly Fantasy III / VI x 3
Metal Gear Solid x 3
Almost every game I have on Wii Virtual Console...

Lockon flaming cliffs due to its gay DRM 5 installs serial and you either need to buy the game again or wait until some russian bloke takes his sweet ass time replying to your email for a replacement, people have waited more than a month for a reply, personally I think they do that so that people will get fed up waiting and just purchase the game again.

Starforce drm FTMFL, i wouldnt mind it so bad if they done away with the stupid set amount of installs or hardware changes, i.e upgrade your ram and video card then you need to use another serial to activate the game again, not the best thing to do when they only give you 5 to start with.

Riddick.

1. Bought the original Escape from Butcher's Bay on PC full retail
2. Got two when I bought two 7900 GTOs
3. Bought the Xbox version for $4 from a bargain bin
4. Bought the enhanced version with Assault on Dark Athena

Bought Thief 2 twice. Damn dog chewed up my first copy.

I have five copies all in all

Just Fallout 2 and HL2.

I actually lost my Fallout 2 disc, and as for HL2, it was included in the Orange Box. Orange Box was still worth it, despite the fact that I didn't like EP1 or EP2.

Gothic 2 - 4x or more...

- first I got it with some magazine
- forgot about it and bought a "cheap edition" one
- next was a "launch-looking" edition that turned out to come from a magazine >.>
- last one is the actual launch edition in a nice big box :)

I've done the same with other games, but never 4 times :d

Last edited:
There are over a dozen games I've bought a second time just to have them on Steam instead of digging out my old disk coppies. Most of the good multiplayer games on Steam (HL2-DM, CS:S, TF2, CoD4, UT3, L4D, etc) I've bought an extra (sometimes this would be a THIRD) copy for my secondary steam account, so any guests who show up at our lans without the games can still play. There are a few other memorable games that I've ended up buying MORE THAN 3 TIMES just because I either lost the disks, gave them away, or bought a bunch trying to get my friends to try the multiplayer (before the age of Steam). These titles include:

Half-Life (1)
Unreal (1)
Unreal Tournament (2003, I think, can't remember what version we used to play)
Battle-Zone 2: Combat Commander
Far-Cry (1)

I can't believe people still complain about the price of the Orange Box. I would have payed $50 for TF2 alone.

I'm complaining that they made us buy games we already own for an additional cost.

By their own pricing models the black box was cheaper, but was scrapped. Both were digital downloads there was no reason to scrap the black box other than greed.

Speaking of Orange Box it's now on Steam for 10€ or 10 something I don't know your dolladollabills.

SO now I have bought HL2 EP1 and Team Fortress 2 twice.

CoD4 - 1x PC, 1x 360
CoD:WaW - 2x PC (free lol)
Morrowind - 2x PC (free)
HL1 - 2x PC (free)

I bought Battlefield 2 three or four times. Still have two copies of it.

Bought HL2 a few times as well.

diablo 2, starcraft, half life 1 and 2, mafia, bunch of zelda games, sonic games.

Technically bought HL2 twice (because of the Orange Box)

Bought Operation: Flashpoint twice (first the original, then the Gold Edition with the expansion packs)

I think that's it, besides buying multiple copies for friends, but that doesn't count. :cool:

EDIT: Oh, I forgot, I bought the Ultimate Sonic Collection for PS3, and back in the day I bought several of the Sonic games for the Genesis. I think that counts. :p

HL2 and HL2 EP1 with the Orange Box. Hitman: Blood Money I purchased on Steam after a buddy of mine lost my CD. I think I bought a couple other games more than once but can't remember, if anything it was because it came out on Steam and I couldn't find the original CD.

Got Half-Life 2 a second time when i bought The Orange Box, then I bought TOB again on the 360.

Bought both Oblivion and Fallout 3 for PC and 360.

Got BioShock for both PC and 360.

Had X-Wing on discs, then bought the CD-ROM special edition, had TIE Fighter on CD-ROM, then bought them again when they rereleased both with updated graphics.

Lost Eden. It was the first CD ROM game I ever played. Music was and still is fantastic. Felt nostalgic, and eventually found a copy on Ebay to play.

I wish they'd make an Strategy/RTS remake. Despite it being a simple puzzle game, it was still very beautiful.

Civ 4 (BTS) I have purchased twice for myself and another as a gift; it is very well done.

Many MMORPGs I have bought multiple times, Diablo 2, and Myth: The Fallen Lords.

I am tempted to go rebuy Myth because I lost the bloody CD again...

I think the only game I've bought twice is Battlefield 2, I sold it within a year of getting it then rebought it the other week so I could try out some mods, bought the $10 version without the booster packs.

I've bought Final Fantasy 6 like... 3 times. PS version, Gba version, snes version.
I Also have bought chrono trigger a few times. Good games :) awesome replay value!

carmageddon2. i would pay $60 for an next-gen version of that game....

+1

the only game i've *ever* bought more than once is Half-Life....

I got it at release, and lent my cousin the disc, and he never gave it back.... so I had to go out and buy it again (and was pissed off, because at that point, all that was on the shelves was the "Game of the Year Edition" crap...

i wanted the ultra cool original box again....

Halo (xbox) - 3 copies for lan parties. I had two xboxes then bought a third copy because a friend was too cheap to get it so we could play with more people or get more screen real estate. This was when the game was down to $30 new and about $20 used.

Star Wars: KOTOR - 1 on xbox, 1 on PC. Awsome game. I really wish the new Bioware KOTOR was not a MMO.... MMO's suck.

I will probably buy the Orange Box again this weekend for a guest account or something, it's on sale for $9.99.

Last edited:
Back