Games you wish they'd make a sequel to?

yeah, the Witcher would be a good one... and I would like to see them use a new wizbang engine for it.. I didn't like how I couldn't roam off the beaten path in the Witcher.. that really removes a lot of the in-game immersion effect for me.. maybe that's a bit nit picky, but oh well..

Oh, yea... I forgot. World of Darkness has been revamped. So I doubt we'll ever see anything more that is related to Vampire the Masquerade.

I believe they are actually working on a WoD mmo, not sure how it will turn out ( from the Eve developers I think).

They probably will go with the new vampire setting rather then the older one.

I want to see a true sequel to Age of Empires II/AOE II: The Conquerors. Age of Empires III was a HUGE letdown for me.

All I want is a slight graphic upgrade that doesn't affect playability. Essentially the opposite of AOE III. Some added new civilizations would be nice as well. Please Ensemble....Please. I haven't been in to RTS games since this left the Microsoft servers.

I believe they are actually working on a WoD mmo, not sure how it will turn out ( from the Eve developers I think).

They probably will go with the new vampire setting rather then the older one.

They are working on an MMO. But they've changed alot of things. I've heard that they changed the entire vampire story, it's no longer Cain, as the master vampire. Also, I hear they are concentrating on Werewolves this time around, rather than Vampires. Which is why I think a new Vampire the Masquerade is unlikely. The vampire is now "Vampire the Requiem" as well.

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines

Final Fantasy 6

Prey (One's in development)

Saints Row 2 needs Trilogy Status

Dark Messiah

FAR CRY

not just by name - but a true sequel

oh - and I remember loving Beyond Good & Evil.
that would be cool too.

They are working on an MMO. But they've changed alot of things. I've heard that they changed the entire vampire story, it's no longer Cain, as the master vampire. Also, I hear they are concentrating on Werewolves this time around, rather than Vampires. Which is why I think a new Vampire the Masquerade is unlikely. The vampire is now "Vampire the Requiem" as well.

Cain as the master vamp was always more theory then fact in WoD. There's actually a lack in Werewolf stuff right now, Vamps are still the most popular game they make (I run Tabletop WoD).

There's an MMO coming out from the guys who sorta own White-Wolf CCP/EVE Online, but I'm leary of it. EVE is way too complex to just look at and say "yeah, this would still be fun if I was on 2 legs instead of in space... and a werewolf with a hi-ranking totem."

The Witcher! I still hope there will be one sequel.

The Witcher 2 would be fantastic. I also think this game has a huge amount of potential as a MMORPG. I would pay a subscription to that in an instant.

Cain as the master vamp was always more theory then fact in WoD. There's actually a lack in Werewolf stuff right now, Vamps are still the most popular game they make (I run Tabletop WoD).

There's an MMO coming out from the guys who sorta own White-Wolf CCP/EVE Online, but I'm leary of it. EVE is way too complex to just look at and say "yeah, this would still be fun if I was on 2 legs instead of in space... and a werewolf with a hi-ranking totem."

From what i hear, White Wolf and Eve Online merged and making an MMO. As for Cain being the master vamp, I thought that was pretty solid. I hear repeatedly, that Cain is your taxi driver. Are you running the new WoD tabletop? or old WoD.

Alien vs. Predator 3 would be nice.

I think they could do some amazing stuff for the specialized vision modes with modern graphics cards, and have a more dynamic map selection that goes thru jungle as well as the industrial theme of the last one.

Not sure which of these I already mentioned in this thread, but here again are the games that must be made:

Rune 2 (Screw Prey! HumanHead should be forced to make this game, at axe-point if necessary!)

AVP 3 (enough said)

BattleZone 3 (BZ2:CC is still the best/only RTS game I've ever been able to get into - this one deserves a new engine and another chapter in the story)

Not sure which of these I already mentioned in this thread, but here again are the games that must be made:

Rune 2 (Screw Prey! HumanHead should be forced to make this game, at axe-point if necessary!)

AVP 3 (enough said)

BattleZone 3 (BZ2:CC is still the best/only RTS game I've ever been able to get into - this one deserves a new engine and another chapter in the story)

This man speaks the truth!!!

I`d love to see these sequels:

WOG (Wings of Glory)
Mechwarrior
X-Wing:Alliance
Magic Carpet

Agree on AVP3 too!

My pick is a game that already has a sequal but it sucks. And that is Tribes. Tribes 2 was fine but Tribes 3 was absolutely horrible. So I would love a Tribes sequal that is true to the original.

I want to see a true sequel to Age of Empires II/AOE II: The Conquerors. Age of Empires III was a HUGE letdown for me.

All I want is a slight graphic upgrade that doesn't affect playability. Essentially the opposite of AOE III. Some added new civilizations would be nice as well. Please Ensemble....Please. I haven't been in to RTS games since this left the Microsoft servers.

Ensemble no longer exists.

Interstate'76. That game was great fun online MP and SP and don't understand why the franchise died.

I've never played the first or second, but I personally love AOE3.... outstanding RTS imo. Nice change a pace from warcraft or starcraft at least.

Were the first two that good?

I've never played the first or second, but I personally love AOE3.... outstanding RTS imo. Nice change a pace from warcraft or starcraft at least.

Were the first two that good?

The first two were better than the 3rd. But I think Empire Earth 1 and 2 and Rise of Nations are all far better.

Last edited:
I see GTA 4 as a spiritual sequel to GTA 3, since both were in Liberty City, so I hope to the high heavens that they give the same love and treatment to the west coast in a sequel to GTA San Andreas. I loved the living hell out of that game.

Lots of great ideas in this thread, especially Alice, Shogo and X-Wing/Tie Fighter.

I personally would like to see Mechwarrior brought back to prominence. MW2 is what really got me back into PC gaming and I would love to see it's glorious return.

I personally would like to see Mechwarrior brought back to prominence. MW2 is what really got me back into PC gaming and I would love to see it's glorious return.

If they bring this back, I can see it going the MMO route.

INDEPENDENCE WAR!!!

For all you Freespace sim lovers, this game was very close. Awesome cutscenes and environments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-War_(Independence_War)

It seems a lot of us are really hankering for a really good space sim again aren't we?

I miss playing Xwing vs Tie Fighter multiplayer, with the waves of incoming ships on some brilliantly designed missions.

Freelancer definitely has self evident charm, especially in multiplayer when you are a trader, heart thumping, knowing a human pirate is lying in wait somewhere for you to come back out and make a run for it.

Back