Games you wish they'd make a sequel to?

Kabob

2[H]4U
Just asked this on Anandtech, figured I'd post it here as well.

I was just thinking, I wish I could play an updated Myth game, if only to hear the emotionless sound of "casualty."

What game(s) do you wish they'd make a sequel to (that isn't currently being developed that is).

Just asked this on Anandtech, figured I'd post it here as well.

I was just thinking, I wish I could play an updated Myth game, if only to hear the emotionless sound of "casualty."

What game(s) do you wish they'd make a sequel to (that isn't currently being developed that is).

You win. Myth was so awesome, I remember many a sleepless night playing that game online. Fetch+Dwarves=FUN

army of two

but they are making a sequel so i dont have much to worry about

also halo wars, even tho ensemble is gone?

More Wing Commander games would be nice.

And an updated NFS:porsche

And another Morrowind series game

Are there any modern games that *dont* spawn sequels?

Anyways, I'd love to see a sequel, or even a remake for The Neverhood.
edit: Apparently they're making a movie about it that's due for release this year. Does that count?

An Abuse sequel would be amazing.

But I'd probably prefer Vampire the Masquerade sequel more.

System Shock
NOLF
Shogo
Descent and Descent Freespace
X-wing and Tie fighter.

Full throttle
Monkey island (without shitty monkey fighting game PLZ, KTHX) :p
Fallout 1/2 (i like FO3, it's a great game, just different from what i want)
Anachronox
Septerra core
Master of Orion 1 (didn't like any of the sequels)
Psychonauts
Beyond good and evil
Fallout tactics

So many good games, with good ideas, that seem to have crawled away and died. So sad.

X-wing and Tie fighter.

+1 to that. An updated X-wing/TIE Fighter game would rock.

A true Jedi Knight 3 game would rock as well. Jedi Academy was good but nothing like JK2 was. Take JK2 and add in all the good stuff from Force Unleashed...with g_saberRealisticCombat 1. :D

Alice in Wonderland, great game. Thankfuly they announced just last week I think that they are making a sequel to that game.

+1 to that. An updated X-wing/TIE Fighter game would rock.

A true Jedi Knight 3 game would rock as well. Jedi Academy was good but nothing like JK2 was. Take JK2 and add in all the good stuff from Force Unleashed...with g_saberRealisticCombat 1. :D

actually, Jedi Knight with the FMVs again... quality FMVs need to make a comeback!!

on another note, the original Jedi Knight was the first game I ever played with a 3d accelerator!. Rage Pro for the quality/high-res (800x600) graphics win!

Freelancer. Another vote for Jedi Knight 3 . Star Control 2. And I'd really like to see Diablo 1 with undated graphics, I've tried to play it but on a 21" monitor it makes my eyes bleed.

Thief. Preferrably more like 1 and 2 than part 3

Yeah agreed, consoles should be banned from using this Intelectual property, it should be PC only and go back to its roots.

I was messing about yesterday listening to theme hospital midi soundtrack and reminiscing about old Bullfrog games, another Dungeon keeper game would be awesome, a theme hospital remake with all the old cartoony comedy still in there. A syndicate(wars) sequel...

I'd like to see some of the older puzzle adventure games come back for a remake/sequel, preferably in 2D with some lovely artwork (think monkey island 3), a remake/sequel of monkey island, day of the tenticle. I know they're working on a new leisure suit larry which should be cool, the remakes of sam and max were unforunately full of easy puzzles and lacked decent story arcs and had pretty basic inventories...a grim fandango sequel would also be cool.

Some older FPS games would do well with modern sequels as well, Kingping was brutally awesome, Blood was cool, Rise of the triad. Duke Nukem obviously :)

Another vote for Freelancer.
Playing it again (for like the 10th time) but this time with Crossfire 1.7 mod. Such a cool game.

I almost made a thread about how I'm enjoying a 7 year old game way more than anything I've played lately but I'll just say it here.

World of Warcraft 2. It's time to update the graphics engine to something newer than circa-2001 simplicity and reboot the series with some better balancing that Blizzard sticks with instead of trying to fine tune. I understand why expansions are a bigger money maker than an entirely new game, but from a players standpoint, we need a new engine.

Half-Life 3. Let's crack out the last of these episodes and get to work on Source Engine 2.

The IP for Duke Nukem 3D needs to be sold to someone who will actually be able to produce the game. 3DRealms has had their chance for the last 470 years. It's time to cut losses and just sell the rights to another company.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3. We saw the success of Street Fighter IV. It's obvious that there is still a market for fighting games. Why not take one of the most popular fighting games in the USA and conjure up a sequel.

THE ONE GAME I WANT TO SEE ABOVE ALL ELSE.

A new "Strike" series game. Remember Desert Strike? Jungle Strike? It was a game where you played as a helicopter and completed drop-off missions and combat strikes?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strike_series

I would love more than anything else to see this concept on some beautiful graphics.

I agree with HL3 and jedi knight.

I'd also like to see a real sequel to Knights of the Old Republic (continue the storyline).

The MMO doesn't impress me.

World of Warcraft 2. It's time to update the graphics engine to something newer than circa-2001 simplicity and reboot the series with some better balancing that Blizzard sticks with instead of trying to fine tune. I understand why expansions are a bigger money maker than an entirely new game, but from a players standpoint, we need a new engine.

Half-Life 3. Let's crack out the last of these episodes and get to work on Source Engine 2.

The IP for Duke Nukem 3D needs to be sold to someone who will actually be able to produce the game. 3DRealms has had their chance for the last 470 years. It's time to cut losses and just sell the rights to another company.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3. We saw the success of Street Fighter IV. It's obvious that there is still a market for fighting games. Why not take one of the most popular fighting games in the USA and conjure up a sequel.

THE ONE GAME I WANT TO SEE ABOVE ALL ELSE.

A new "Strike" series game. Remember Desert Strike? Jungle Strike? It was a game where you played as a helicopter and completed drop-off missions and combat strikes?

I would love more than anything else to see this concept on some beautiful graphics.

I was just thinking about this the other night...

hell yeah, that would be pretty badass. The first mission in jungle strike was amazing for it's day (Washington, DC). Great series

didn't care too much for the PS1 version though

Shogo: MAD

Continuation of the Magic Candle series.......

Continuation of KOTOR series.....

Forgot... Prince of Persia. The original series was supposed to be a trilogy I think, but they never finished up. (Ending to PoP 2 seemed tohave lead that way anyway)

- Shining Force RPG from the old Sega Genesis (make it for PC)
- Diablo II... oh wait they are!

Back