Games you wish they'd make a sequel to?

Maybe because FFVII was pretty much mediocre? It wasn't all that great of a game. It wasn't bad, mind you. But it's not all the wonders it was hyped up to be.

Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle

Or pretty much any classic Lucas Arts adventure game....

Maybe because FFVII was pretty much mediocre? It wasn't all that great of a game. It wasn't bad, mind you. But it's not all the wonders it was hyped up to be.

I thought the story was one of the most gripping for an RPG in a while. So, on that basis alone, I would warrant a sequel. Gameplay wasn't that revolutionary as some might say (with the materia and whatnot), but if a sequel was made, I would hope they could find a way to reinvigorate that.

As others have said, I'd love to see proper sequels to Jedi Knight 2 and KOTOR. Both were absolutely fantastic games. I don't think I've ever had a better multiplayer experience than that of Jedi Knight 2 (think full force, full weapons CTF and of course the saber duels) and the elegant nature of KOTOR's just-interesting enough gameplay and wonderful story keeps me coming back for more.

To stay with Star Wars, I'd also love to see a sequel to Rebellion. I know it got bad reviews from some sources, but the immense scale of the real time strategy really captured me.

Oh, and more NWN. That's a formula that never gets old. I'd especially like to see stories which allow you to continue progressing with the same character. In NWN I had one character which made it through SoU and then HotU and then several mods to become a very high-level wizard. Spending so much time with one toon is a blast.

Finally, Portal 2. If some is good, more is better!

Another Freelancer vote here. The Shattered Worlds::War-Torn mod is the best Freelancer mod imho, but I'd be nice to have a sequel utilizing the latest technologies.

Wing Commander
X-Wing/Tie Fighter
Baldurs Gate
Vampires

A game I really wish they had made a sequel to was Freespace 2, loved that game XD

Also another Thief vote here :)

To stay with Star Wars, I'd also love to see a sequel to Rebellion. I know it got bad reviews from some sources, but the immense scale of the real time strategy really captured me.

Wow...I had totally forgotten about Rebellion. I loved that game and you're right. The immense scale of that RTS was HUGE. The space battles were great fun. ;)

A good sequel to that one would be impressive.

+1. It was fun I guess but probably the single most overhyped game ever (well, maybe tied with Halo).

I thought the story was one of the most gripping for an RPG in a while. So, on that basis alone, I would warrant a sequel. Gameplay wasn't that revolutionary as some might say (with the materia and whatnot), but if a sequel was made, I would hope they could find a way to reinvigorate that.

I tend to disagree. I actually liked teh materia system alot and that kept me through the gamemore than the story did. but opinions will always be opinions, and not everyone's gonna have the same. I'd really rather a real FFT remake, sequel or prequel though. Cid, Balbanes, and Elidibs in their prime? I mean holy friggin shit!

As others have said, I'd love to see proper sequels to Jedi Knight 2 and KOTOR. Both were absolutely fantastic games. I don't think I've ever had a better multiplayer experience than that of Jedi Knight 2 (think full force, full weapons CTF and of course the saber duels) and the elegant nature of KOTOR's just-interesting enough gameplay and wonderful story keeps me coming back for more.
!

You didn't consider JK3 as a proper sequel? Why not? I know it's not based purely on Kyle Katarn. But it was a good game and Jaden was a good character. Indeed those games had the few SW characters I liked.

Bioshock was the spiritual successor to system shock. I hope Bioshock 2 will be just as good

Really want a Beyond Good And Evil sequel and another Max Payne

There are rumors that a sequel to Beyond G&E is in the works. And I could see another MaxPayne coming out as well around the time the movie comes out.

A true sequel to SS2 and Wing Commander would really make me grin. Toss coop and vs. MP into WC and it would really rock. And like others have already said a JK2 sequel would be welcomed.

The devs can bill it that way all they want, but Bioshock is hardly a successor to SS2. They share a genre, but the depth of SS2's game play and the strategy required is in a different league. Bioshock was a good game, it just is not a sequel, whatever they say.

O how many there are.

Phantasy star (not online)
faxanadu
kid kameleon
Alex the kid
Wonderboy
River City Ransom
Bubble Bobble
Shining Force (RTS)
Toe Jam & earl ( for the DS with 4 player wifi)
Another Trigger Chono,Cross, and maybe X-trigger or something like that
bayou billy
Boy and his blob
night trap
Space harrier
RPM racing or rock and roll racing either works for me

you have got to be kidding its one of the greatest RPGs ever the amount of emotion it brought up is remarkable and the longevity amazing i have played well over 300 hours on it

you have got to be kidding its one of the greatest RPGs ever the amount of emotion it brought up is remarkable and the longevity amazing i have played well over 300 hours on it

To each his own though.

The only true way to over hype something is before it is released. FF7 has been out for 10 years had has earned it's hype by people like myself calling it the greatest RPG of all time.

FFXIII is currently hyped way high and when it comes out if it doesn't meet it's hype it will have been over hyped (which I think it will be). But FF7 blew away it's expectations (at least as far as I can remember).

edit fixed it to FFXIII

Last edited:
12 or 13?

And it can be overhyped even after it's out. 12 isn't all that good either, in fact I liked it even less than 7.

To each his own though.

The only true way to over hype something is before it is released. FF7 has been out for 10 years had has earned it's hype by people like myself calling it the greatest RPG of all time.

FFXII is currently hyped way high and when it comes out if it doesn't meet it's hype it will have been over hyped (which I think it will be). But FF7 blew away it's expectations (at least as far as I can remember).

I remember seeing the few FF7 commercials that were aired.. Man, that game gives me the chills even now.

Definitely best game of all time to me. Followed closely by Fallout/FO2 and Civilization.. but those have sequels :)

As to a sequel I'd like to see, if anyone remembers Starsiege from Dynamix and Sierra, I'd love to see a Starsiege 2 or something.

A real sequel to Battlefield 1942 not the piece of turd BF1943 is turning out to be with its 24 player limit cap, gutted class selection, immobile naval ships, and limited map selection all because they need to simplify the game for consoles.

I've wanted a new Myth game for so long.

I spent so much time playing Myth II online, remember the good day getting up early before school just to play a match or two before leaving.

So many great mods and conversions for it. I still play it from time to time online via marius.net ( if any of you didn't know about it, since b.net went down it's the main way people play it online).

Apart from that i'd really love to see a sequel to Severance (aka Blade of Darkness).

This game has still got the BEST melee combat system of any game I've played. No other game has came close to it and sadly it doesn't seem like anyone (at least developer wise) has played the game, because if they did the wouldn't be sticking with the wishy washy style of combat most games have that borrow from Jedi knight.

Then I would pick UO (Pre trammel).

the mmo crowd post EQ really skipped out on this. It seemed like everyone chose the EQ "formula" of design for mmo's since then and there really hasn't been a big AAA backed game like UO since it. Everyone thinks the EQ formula is the only way to go it seems, especially with WoW on the market and using that type of design.

totally, UO was the best MMO. Damn them for cancelling UO2.

Heck yeah.. Rock n Roll was awesome, RPM was great too. Nothing like getting half way across the board turning around and shooting and timing the rocket so it would kill the enemy players. and allow your friend to come in sec

Ultima Online 2. Ultima X (also cancelled). Ultima Underworld 3. Battlefield 3. Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines sequel would have been nice too.

Ultima Online 2. Ultima X (also cancelled). Ultima Underworld 3. Battlefield 3. Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines sequel would have been nice too.

BF3: pretty sure its under development. No official announcements yet, but I'd expect it to happen sometime this year.

There are rumors that a sequel to Beyond G&E is in the works. And I could see another MaxPayne coming out as well around the time the movie comes out.

A true sequel to SS2 and Wing Commander would really make me grin. Toss coop and vs. MP into WC and it would really rock. And like others have already said a JK2 sequel would be welcomed.

The devs can bill it that way all they want, but Bioshock is hardly a successor to SS2. They share a genre, but the depth of SS2's game play and the strategy required is in a different league. Bioshock was a good game, it just is not a sequel, whatever they say.

Umm, you guys not seen this?
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34509.html

Oh, yea... I forgot. World of Darkness has been revamped. So I doubt we'll ever see anything more that is related to Vampire the Masquerade.

Back