Games you wish people still played...

I miss RTCW:ET. I'm sure there are still servers out there, and people who play. But i miss the old days when it was hard to find a spot on a server. Seriously good times.

Can't wait for quake wars to see if they kept the "fun" part and just updated the game engine. :)

Diablo 2 and Soldiers of Fortune 2 (owned that game so much it became no more fun)

My second online addiction was Tribes 2. First night I had it, I did not sleep...played for about 16 hours straight! Found a great tribe(ie clan) to play with and we did ladders. Never made it that high but had a lot of fun practicing and coming up with strats to cap/protect flags.

I played Tribes 2 like crazy, it stole my life for a good year. I was also in a clan, I dunno if you've heard of k9 or Virulent Souls? So much fun, I loved that game.

swg - starwars galaxies. My favorite game of all time. After the CU i think they lost at least 50% of accounts and after the next patch they lost even more. damn sony fucked up.

Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. Duels and ctf were so much better than in Jedi Academy

i'm not necessarily sure that i wish people were still playing them.... but these games have certainly provided plenty of multiplayer fun in the past.

Nox.

Age of Kings.

Network Sniper. (best lan game EVER. hells yes)

Dungeon Siege.

Infantry Online (sony just HAD to make it pay to play. jerks)

Natural Selection (HL mod)
Infantry Online fun game i even payed for a while but the community was never the same

Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. Duels and ctf were so much better than in Jedi Academy
I loved Outcast! The force powers were the shit.

I wish people still played SoF2, Aliens vs Predator 2, and RTCW. I used to love crusing around on the ceilings and walls in AvP2 as an Alien, pouncing on poor Marines...

Quake 2 and the multiple mods which I played.
weapons factory
action quake 2
Chaos DM
Weapons of destruction
Lox (I believe was a splinter project based on WoD)
Lithium (good times)
Rail arena (even better times)
Rocket arena
Xtreme quake 2 (played SP so many times with that mod)
LMCTF
3Team ctf (only played one good game of it, but hella cool idea)
Paintball quake2 (hella fun)
Jailbreak (Good mod)
Devastation (never really found an audience)
And those are just the mods I remember playing.
But the most quake2 fun happened in normal everyday dm mode in the q2dm maps (especially q2dm1)

To this date, I have not seen a game that could match it in modding and overall multiplayer experience. But the graphics were high end for 1997, so as the years went by, its graphics aged pretty badly. But to this day, no game can challenge it in terms of the experience.

Other games I wish people still played:
Firearms halflife (v2.5)
Rainbow six with the NATO mod.
Quake 3 team arena (many good times for the few months people played it)
4x4 evolution 1 and 2 (First game to bring multiplayer across platforms)
Motor city online (EA should be shot for canceling it)
Runescape when it was 2d (100x better than what they got now).
Midtown madness 1 and 2 (that game was so fun for screwing around with)
Battlezone (for pc) (Battlezone was way ahead of its time, if they redid it with todays graphics and physics, it would be somthing else)

Well those are the same I can think of atm, that list got me all nostalgic.

if i was 5 years younger or something and i had more time, i wish more people would play everquest before anything after PoP came out.

d2 new ladder season i'd go back to

warcraft 3 would be great if all my friends didn't move to COH or C&C

starcraft!

SOF2
The original Return to Castle Wolfenstein
The original Tribes
Motor City Online (haha!)
R6: Rogue Spear

midtown 2, quake 3 etc

people still play quake3, the same people that have been playign for years but i can only get good ping to one or two servers nowadays :\

Also, motocross madness 2, or even mx vs atv unleashed, a great sequel with a shitty MP interface.

out of all the games ive played, ill have to say i REALLY miss Starsiege Tribes. That was the best FPS game i have played to date. the mods it had were really fun too, Ultra Renegades VX5!

Day of Defeat source. I join a server that says 28/32 players, you come in, and find out its all spectators. :rolleyes:

Tired of that shit, so I'm gone.

And yes, Tribes 1, CLASSIC BASE CTF tribes, not Renegades or any other TERRIBLE mods they created.

battlefield pirates. desert combat was definitely the best mod, but pirates was always a hilarious adventure.

oh yeah !! !

savage.

that game was AWESOME.
the community just never picked up. the demo version had more players than the full version.

*pouts*

apparently a sequel is coming out pretty soon. i haven't heard much hype... but i liked the first one enough to check it out.

edit:
haha, you can tell i spend too much time at the office when i put in "SQL" instead of "sequel"

13-04-07_2300.jpg

Many, many late nights on the interstate.... Multiplayer was soooo cool!
Such a shame how the sequal (interstate '82) pretty much killed the franchise.

This was my favorite online game, next to quake 2 for a few years. Then cstrike came.

So sad/ironic the game does not run in WinXP.
At least i can still pop the CD's in any player and listen to the funk music.

13-04-07_2300.jpg

Many, many late nights on the interstate.... Multiplayer was soooo cool!
Such a shame how the sequel (interstate '82) pretty much killed the franchise.

This was my favorite online game, next to quake 2 for a few years. Then cstrike came.

So sad/ironic the game does not run in WinXP.
At least i can still pop the CD's in any player and listen to the funk music.

Man i forgot about interstate 76, that game was bitchin, especially the nitro pack.

Back