Games you were looking forward to but were cancelled.

While not exactly canceled, I'm still incredibly disappointed Homeworld 3 was never developed.

Sequel to Betrayal at Krondor (not Antara, not Return to Krondor)
Baldur's Gate 3 (They even had the cover art ready)

I was really excited for the warrior reboot, but i have not heard anything about it in like 3 years.

Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury. I saw the trailer for it years ago and thought "Man the graphics look amazing!" They even had DC Fontana set up to write the script too.

Game play may have sucked but I remember being pretty bummed when it was cancelled.

While not exactly canceled, I'm still incredibly disappointed Homeworld 3 was never developed.
Homeworld 3 was definitely up there. Homeworld 2 was so much fun, the comic book style cut scenes were fantastic as well.

Fallout 3(Van Buren)
Baldur's Gate III: The Black Hound
Torn
Troika's unnamed post-apocalyptic rpg
Starcraft ghost
Streets of Rage 4
Ultima X

Last edited:
Ultima X non-mmorpg
Freelancer 2
Half Life 3
Star Wars Alliance 2

There is/was a preview movie of the game that was released showing a subway crash. The whole premise sounded great - I wonder if they are ever going to finish it on a modern engine - the game was supposedly 60% done when they canned it.
That IP is long dead along with Cavedog. It did look like a neat concept and they had some really good back story going on at the time. But unfortunately it was one of the games that brought Cavedog down. They expanded too quickly without the revenue to support it.

Back