Games you were looking forward to but were cancelled.

See my OP.

No offense but given you created the thread, you could have at least had the forethought to list your game then to expect people to click-through because you game is so important. Then to knock on people because they couldn't bother because of the lack of effort.

Having that said, I was also looking forward to Project Offset.

True Fantasy Live for Xbox. One of the only MMORPG's i've actually been hugely interested in.

But the main one was Babylon 5: Into the Fire for pc. I was totally psyched for that game. I even got hold of promotional material
xVfw0.jpg

Gutted it never came out. :(

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdhBpCpEob8

Gameplay footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNzQK5ntfBw

I would've liked to have seen the original Fallout 3 before Black Isle Studios bit the dust.

A second Starfox on the 64 hardware would've been nice but Nintendo didn't push that. More recently a sequel to Perfect Dark developed by Rare was cancelled and the division reassigned to Kinect work, which is a crime in itself.

No game series has deserved a more proper sequel than X-Com, though for a while there was a game in production called Dreamland Chronicles which was the spiritual successor (since the official series had turned to pure crap by then). That was cancelled too when they couldn't find a distributor but the project was redeveloped as UFO: Aftermath which is as close to a sequel as we'll ever get for the original.

No offense but given you created the thread, you could have at least had the forethought to list your game then to expect people to click-through because you game is so important. Then to knock on people because they couldn't bother because of the lack of effort.

Having that said, I was also looking forward to Project Offset.

LOL!! Read into things much?:rolleyes:

True Fantasy Live for Xbox. One of the only MMORPG's i've actually been hugely interested in.

Oh yeah I remember true fantasy. WAs really looking forward to that and the original Fable before they turned it into meh.

so far the only one i wanted to play that was either canned for just forgotten about

is Total Annihilation 2

yes they released supreme commander, which basically continued the game but they changed alot.

I still wanted a true Total Annihilation 2 to come out. Maybe they will, Supreme commander 2 is kinda crap compared to the originals.

I can't believe this hasn't been posted.

Breakdown 2.

The original was probably one of my top shooters of all time... First person to an extreme, and it was hugely interesting.

Pillars of Avalon was one I was hoping they would make as I enjoyed Siege of Avalon.

Dungeon keeper 3...:( (There a fan made version being worked on however. Oh, and that china only MMORPG :confused:)

This. I even played Dungeons hoping to relive some of the good times I had playing the original DK.

This. I even played Dungeons hoping to relive some of the good times I had playing the original DK.

So did I, and a few other people I know! It was marketed as being a new dungeon keeper (even though the game makers apparently objected to this). So I was expecting it to be somewhat similar. But it just wasn't! The rooms pretty much don't exsist and all the creatures seem useless! (put 16 level 4 creatures defending a passageway from 2 level 1 heros and there will be no surviving creatures! But your hero can one shot them. They are also tied to the symbols and you can't interact/command them in any way :() It looks reasonable, but the gameplay isn't there!

This is the community made sequel to DK2: War for the Overworld :D

True Fantasy Live Online.
I was even saving up money to buy an Xbox just for this game.

Jane's A-10 game.

The details

Granted, the DCS series has given us a very good A-10 simulation, but...eh, I think Jane's take would have been more compelling. Even the pseudo-dynamic campaign of Longbow 2 provided considerably more immersion than the rather dry campaigns of the DCS series. :(

But the main one was Babylon 5: Into the Fire for pc. I was totally psyched for that game. I even got hold of promotional material.

Gutted it never came out. :(

Ooooh....I forgot about that one. Man, that killed me, too. Was seriously looking forward to that game. They'd managed to snag a lot of the original series voice actors, the soundtrack for it was sounding great, it looked like it would have a real interesting story...

I second B5: Into the Fire.

Heavy Gear 3. I even contacted Activision to see if I could get my hands on the unfinished build.

Eternal Champions for the Saturn, Baldur's Gate 3, Half-Life 2: Episode 3.

Last edited:
Thrill Kill back in the day :p.

The recent road rash game that they only did some small "what if" type of things for and decided not to make it.

Video of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvHz2u-33Y4

Man, I wish that wasn't cancelled. I LOOOOOOOOVED road rash back in the day and would love to see a new one on the current or next-gen market. Haven't played a road rash since I was in Elementary school (Road rash 3d) and I'm 28 now.

Also the recent True Crime that they shelved. IT was in develompent a while and the videos looked great, especially the combat, which is something almost all open-world style games like that have been terrible about from GTA to the first true crime and Saint's Row, etc.

- Sim Mars
- Privateer Online
- Spore (from the tech demos, not what was released)
- Any Stargate game

I was really dissapointed that Alan Wake never made it to PC. I thoroughly enjoyed it on 360 but would have preferred playing it on a pretty top end gaming rig in eyefinity.

I had never heard of project offset before. Now I'm going to sleep sad when I should have been happily ignorant. :(

Future Strike. For those who remember the classic Desert/Jungle/Urban Strike games...Future Strike was going to be the next one after Nuclear Strike but it never eventuated.
Shattered Steel 2

Back