Games you regret buying years ago.

pazhman

[H]ard|Gawd
Superman 64 yes I got it, I was like 10 years old at the time. Returned the same day.

Will Rock,
such a depressing game, and the menu screen with the cyclops head made me wanna vomit Grey matter.

Off the top of my head:
Red Alert 2
World of Warcraft (thank goodness I was able to quit, that game destroys lives)

And then some non-recent ones:
UT3
FarCry2
GTA4

Far Cry 2

Read reviews and thought the game would be the shit. Graphics were nice and sound was good but......

Did the story ever progress? Seemed I would drive a jeep around forever doing random missions.

most recent is spore

oldest i remember is perfect dark on the gameboy color

$50 on supreme commander. My friends we're like "you have to get this game! we'll play it a lot. it has good reviews"

It was fun to play for about a day, then it was stupid.

BattleField 2

Out of 4,000+ servers, there are only 3 or 4 servers with decent pings. Since it has no single player campaign it might as well be a coaster.

Quake 4 - not worth the time it takes to open and install

FEAR - Only because I never had an opportunity to play the game, and now I've lost the cd-key. Oh well...

Good list guys, but I'm talking older!! Like N64, PS1, Gensis...

Ok can't remember the name. Ps1 game you were in a giant mecha rabbit. Played it once and it sat there on the shelf till the ps2 came out.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Dino Crisis for PS1
Double Dragon for NES (game was complete garbage compared to arcade)
Battlefield Vietnam
Time Crisis 2 for PS2

older games eh?

Aladdin for Genesis... good lord...
Jurassic Park for Genesis... argh...

Most of my other games were good. I liked all my NES games.

I tried to buy Blue Stinger when it came out for Dreamcast. Much to my dismay, the clerk said I wasn't old enough due to its rating (also one of the rare occasions that I was ever age checked. I went to a different store and bought it anyway.

What a terrible game.

Empire Earth III.

I recalled good things being said about Empire Earth 2. It was massively marked down which should have been my first clue

Snowblind - supposedly the "spiritual successor" to Deus Ex. Puh-lez.

Invisible War - the proclaimed successor to Deus Ex... but not accepted by the community as such.

Far Cry 2 - Did they even play the first game? Duh.

Age of Conan is probably one of the few games i really regret getting. Right now I actually cant even think of any other game.

I cant really think of any older games that i hated.

Test Drive 5 for the PS1. Hated the game the minute I played it. Cars felt and look like they were floating on the screen. Cars also felt unresponsive (turning had to be done in a slow speed or else I would skid and hit a wall or something). Traded it for Soul Blade and felt much better.

Some rally game for the PS1 that I cannot remember the name. Traded Tekken 2 for toward the rally game. Like Test Drive 5, I hated it the minute I played it, mostly due to the camera angle (car is stationary, like a static icon, while the track is the one that is moving around). Ended up giving this game away because it was an eyesore.

World of Warcraft, my GF actually bought it for me.. sigh. that game ruins lives

Sword of Sodan for the Sega Genesis. I'd call it bad, but that'd give bad games an even worse name.

Back