Games you play that you never get "sick" of?

Myth: II Soulblighter
Severance: Blade of Darkness
Red Dead Redemption
League of Legends.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R:SoC,the game is so epic and immersive.
Fallout 3 and Fallout/New Vegas,the mod community has given incredible support to these games.

Sid Meiers Pirates! (considering how old it is)
Sid Meiers Civilization V (mods keep it fresh, need to get the expansion that just came out)

Fallout 3 (and to lesser extent Skyrim and Oblivion). Must say, not as big a fan of F:NV; I can get bored from it after a while.
KotOR (first proper RPG I ever played)
I wish I could say I could never get sick of TF2, but since the online community degenerated, I've found it more and more infuriating

Shocked to only see 1 WoW. I've only been playing for about 1.5yrs but it's the most amount of time I've ever put into a game.

Thats because the bulk of people who've been playing for many years have gotten absolutely sick of it at some point or another :p I know I have. I always go back, but theres been times when I just didnt give a crap, and thinking of WoW made me unhappy - I didnt play for a bulk of the last expansion, got to cap on two characters, ran two dungeons, and quit until 2-3 months before current expansion - previous expansion I had 5? characters capped and fully raid equipped, and I'm an old player, been around since classic, had two 60's - I just get fucking SICK of the game frequently)

RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 (1 as well, but 2 is just a better version - I move all of 1's scenarios into 2 when I want to play older scenarios)
The Sims (1 and 3, I can play either for endless hours, I love building stuff - never played 2)
Stalker: CS and COP - I would say SHoC, but it scares the piss out of me, even though I know whats coming everywhere in it, so I dont play it much at all. The atmosphere is so perfect in it that I just cant get past it.
GTA: VC and SA
TES3: Morrowind
Garry's Mod
Close Combat series (The tactical/strategy games, not the abortion of an FPS/strategy game that came out under the same series)
Microsoft Combat Flight Sim 2 and 3
Micosoft FS:X

Did a search and no one posted castlevania SOTN. game is one of the best ever. play it at least 3 times a year. wife hates it.

Diablo 2 : I can replay that game in its entirety every other year or so.

Age of Conan: I just love the IP and how well it was handled by Funcom. The perfect blend of fantasy, brutality and beauty.

Dark Souls: That game never gets easy, no matter how much I play it. Or boring.

Skyrim - new and updated mods keep me coming back for more and more and more. 300+ hours by Steam's reckoning, and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon.

Flight Simulator X - Going on seven years, but the third party developers are still pumping out new aircraft and scenery. Most people laugh when I say I play FSX, and that it's fun, but starting a fully simulated 737-800 from cold and dark, taking off, managing the flight, and then landing at the destination, and shutting it down is harder (and more satisfying) than any other game I've ever played.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R SOC ( best environment and world depth of any game i have played)
Hotline Miami (those epic beats never get old)
TES Morrowind (kick ass game with a even more kick ass mod community)
Crusader Kings. (so much crazy shit happens every time you play it never gets boring)

I have Civilization 2:Multiplayer Gold installed and play complete games occasionally.

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 is still on my drive and Masters of Orion 2: Battle at Antares is there as well.

Also I replay numerous games under DOSBox which might be less familiar; these include Armada 2525, Sword of Aragon, Command: HQ, Sid Mier's Colonization, and Nethack in which I have yet to Ascend in despite having played it since the late 80's.

The StarCrafts, the Unreal Tournaments, Quake 3, and Halo 1.
I play SC2 all the time online. I only play the others over LANs but I'm always craving them.

Mount and Blade: Warband. Conquered the world twice already (100 hours + each time), and I am ready for a third run!

Mount and blade, so much things annoys me but I keep going back for more.
theHunter, a good change from other games.
currently replaying dragons age origins, same every time but still good to replay now and again.
spider solitaire

Solitare, minesweeper and that pinball demo that comes with every new PC.

Well I guess the only game that I still go back to playing time and time again is Unreal Tournament. I also still play the original Star Craft all the time. I first played it when it came to the N64, then got it in late 1999 or sometime in 2000 and haven't stopped playing it since. Though I generally only play LAN games when I do play w/ friends/family. The other game I frequently revisit is the Pokemon games. Aside from that, I only started playing different games in 2005, but even then I only played UT and BF2, then in ~2010 when I built a nice ass system, I ventured into the world of Steam and now my library consists of 100+ games so it's still a little too early to see what games I don't get sick of. However, the three highest played games on my Steam account as of right now are; Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead and Skyrim in that order.

All the early 2000s mp fps games (rtcw, q3, ut2k4, cs). I put a million hours into these.

Old school fps (duke 3d, doom1/2, quake1/2)

Sidescroller beat em ups: D&D Shadows Over Mystara, Guardian Heroes

Extreme sports games (tony hawk series)

And pretty much anything on N64.

Ocarina of Time
FF7 (not the best game ever, but it's fun to play)
Final Fantasy Tactics
Wild Arms
Halo (any version) Multiplayer..........just something about it keeps drawing me in

You'll probably laugh, but i still play the sims 3 fairly regularly.
Also like to play Pirates (Updated version) for some mindless fun.
Do like to boot up Age of Wonders:Shadow Magic pretty often since it reminds me a lot of master of magic. (Sort of a spiritual successor?)
Been playing Railroad tycoon 3 and Railroads! a lot lately for some reason.
Used to play WoW and EQ2 constantly, but haven't touched WoW in months and EQ2 only once every couple of weeks.
Not much into FPS, but Battlefield 1942 and No one lives forever series i tend to come back to at least once a year.

An oldie but a goodie... OMF:2097.

Every so often I'll fire up DosBox and start up a new career in Tournament mode. I'll usually stop once I've maxed out all of the robot and pilot upgrades/training. If I'm bored I'll just hex-edit the save file after joining my first tournament and decimate the competition.

Ocarina of Time
RTCW
Link to the Past (playing a run thru now)
Skyrim (I don't see myself ever getting tired of it)
Any mariokart

Skyrim (I know it's relatively new but I have 200+ hours so far in it)
TW: Rome
Max Payne 2
Wing Commander 4

Honestly probably the only game I've never truely gotten tired of is Pokemon. Pokemon Red specifically.

I still have my super Nintendo with a gameboy player hooked up.

Some other games I've played countless hours of and still go back too are Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, Counter Strike Source, and various other pokemon version.

Agreed, Pokemon is a surprisingly good game/addictive. If my Gameboy were working I'd probably be replaying Pokemon Silver, my personal favorite. If there were a Pokemon MMO, the world would end for me, nothing in the real world would matter :D Maxed out Clarifairy FTW!

If there were a Pokemon MMO, the world would end for me, nothing in the real world would matter :D Maxed out Clarifairy FTW!

I've been dreaming of this for a long ass time. While it doesn't have to be an MMO, but a Pokemon game with the visuals of say, Skyrim would probably cause me to uh... exit reality. :eek:

If you put an MMO on top of that where I could battle other trainers in real time, full 3D with hundreds/thousands of different Pokemon... I'm game here too; but I don't think I'd be willing to pay a monthly subscription to such a service and I am sure I'm the minority on that front.

Which is why I would be perfectly happy with a single player Pokemon with the visuals on par with Skyrim.

Chrono Trigger
Roller Coaster Tycoon
Disgaea
Civ 5

I have to agree with you on Roller Coaster Tycoon. I just tried playing Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 and it would not work anymore :mad: Other ones for me though:

Black Mesa
Age of Empires II (Conquerer's Expansion) - Thank goodness for the farm ques ;)
Empire Earth
Borderlands

-----------------------------------
Jack

Last edited by a moderator:
While I don't constantly play them, I do return to them quite frequently:
Total Annihilation
Unreal Tournament

Total Annihilation
Front Mission 3
Bejeweled Twist
SSX series

Quite a few more, actually, just can't think of em

Edit: anything Battletech related (Mechwarrior, Mechcommander, MWO)

Back