Games you liked that (almost) everyone hated

I liked the 2016 Doom a lot. I couldn't get anywhere in Eternal without wanting to bail. I didn't like the constant ammo conservation and spongy enemies. It's like they focused on the exact things I never liked in any prior Doom games.

Far Cry 2: Got good reviews but most people seemed to hate it. I enjoyed the immersion, combat, fire, mortars, and small details.
Far Cry 2 gets a lot of crap for being so different than the first game. It's Far Cry literally in name only. Beyond that, it had repetitive and frustrating mechanics. Fixing the jeeps by turning the radiator cap with a wrench was retarded. I also couldn't stand weapons jamming all the time and exploding for no reason. There were good ideas I wish more games would implement but I think the implementation could have been a lot better. Also, the story was shit.

Far Cry 2 gets a lot of crap for being so different than the first game. It's Far Cry literally in name only. Beyond that, it had repetitive and frustrating mechanics. Fixing the jeeps by turning the radiator cap with a wrench was retarded. I also couldn't stand weapons jamming all the time and exploding for no reason. There were good ideas I wish more games would implement but I think the implementation could have been a lot better. Also, the story was shit.
Agreed, the best thing about it was the graphics. They just stuck in a bunch of frustrating mechanics that just wasted time. Driving somewhere? Oh there will always be a guy driving up behind you. Go out of sight of a checkpoint for a few seconds? Well hey they already restocked it with enemies!

I loved far cry 2, lagoon, and many others people posted.

Far cry 2 still looms pretty today.

Far Cry 2 gets a lot of crap for being so different than the first game. It's Far Cry literally in name only. Beyond that, it had repetitive and frustrating mechanics. Fixing the jeeps by turning the radiator cap with a wrench was retarded.

Yeah that could get a bit annoying but wasn't that big of a deal to me.

I also couldn't stand weapons jamming all the time and exploding for no reason.

Wasn't too bad, I frequently swapped them out for fresh ones.

There were good ideas I wish more games would implement but I think the implementation could have been a lot better.

I loved the small details. I think they made up for all the other odd things about the game. Comparing it to modern games, the annoyances in FC2 were fairly small. But certainly worthy of posting in this thread. Most people seemed to hate it, I finished it twice.

Also, the story was shit.

It wasn't really there.

Doom Eternal...got way too much flack for adding parkour/jumping elements...the difficulty and tweak to the gamestyle also turned some people off...I loved all the changes and it's one of my favorite FPS games
Almost everyone hated Doom Eternal? That's news to me... it was very well received both critically and publicly from what I recall...

Personally, I think it is BY FAR the best (single player) first person shooter released in the past 20+ years. Doom 2016 was incredible when it came out, but Eternal blew it out of the water.

The witcher 1. I feel like im one of the only people in the world that liked that game and played all the way through it.

Also dark messiah might and magic. I loved that game tons of fun but I've only ever met one other person that played it. Really disappointed that there wasn't a sequel.

Last edited:
Almost everyone hated Doom Eternal? That's news to me... it was very well received both critically and publicly from what I recall...

Personally, I think it is BY FAR the best (single player) first person shooter released in the past 20+ years. Doom 2016 was incredible when it came out, but Eternal blew it out of the water.
It was divisive to say the least. I have not personally played it, but I've heard a lot of complaints about the platforming elements especially. I bowed out after the first few hours of Doom 2016, it was a great fps, but didn't buzz me at all, I had zero motivation to continue playing it.

It was divisive to say the least. I have not personally played it, but I've heard a lot of complaints about the platforming elements especially. I bowed out after the first few hours of Doom 2016, it was a great fps, but didn't buzz me at all, I had zero motivation to continue playing it.

I wouldn't say hated, but certainly divisive. I enjoyed the platforming in the base game. Waited a year and played the DLC, and hated the platforming in it. Odd how I changed stances about that feature.

I liked the base game of Eternal more than I did Doom 2016, which I found extremely dull.

Back