Games that use a mouse to fly

wikidlad

Limp Gawd
Any other non BF games out there that allow you to fly like the planes of Battlefield 1942?, loved flying in that game.....

I would probably start with chaikovski's suggestion of War Thunder, not only because you mentioned BF1942, but because its FreeToPlay, and an excellent F2P at that (which is rare). You'll probably take to it like a duck to water.

In fact you should be downloading it now. And while you wait, check out some gameplay footage on Youtube.

I would probably start with chaikovski's suggestion of War Thunder, not only because you mentioned BF1942, but because its FreeToPlay, and an excellent F2P at that (which is rare). You'll probably take to it like a duck to water.

In fact you should be downloading it now. And while you wait, check out some gameplay footage on Youtube.

Unless they changed something in recent months, I wouldn't call it a good free to play game. It is essentially pay to play, or take a biplane and grind for hours and hours until you unlock something better.

The quality of the graphics and whatnot certainly look good, and if it plays like Wings of Prey/Apache Air Assault (their previous games) then it certainly has a solid base. But getting there without paying? Pretty much a massive grind in the version I tried. Thought if you are into that stuff, more power to you.

I would also look up that UT clone (Toxxik?), which has something similar to the UT raptor. Probably will work great for mouse control. But it isn't out yet. Just giving another future suggestion.

Unless they changed something in recent months, I wouldn't call it a good free to play game. It is essentially pay to play, or take a biplane and grind for hours and hours until you unlock something better.

The quality of the graphics and whatnot certainly look good, and if it plays like Wings of Prey/Apache Air Assault (their previous games) then it certainly has a solid base. But getting there without paying? Pretty much a massive grind in the version I tried. Thought if you are into that stuff, more power to you.

I would also look up that UT clone (Toxxik?), which has something similar to the UT raptor. Probably will work great for mouse control. But it isn't out yet. Just giving another future suggestion.

I don't have too much time into it and have a full array of tier 3 planes, and still use the tier 2 i16 because it is a boss.

The game does get frustrating. It doesn't sound possible but after you always feel like you're the one outgunned and then unlocking does get slow for tier 3 and beyond. It's not really grinding if you're having fun though :D.

I found flying jets in BF3 to suck balls with a mouse. I ended up using a 360 controller.

I also fly with a mouse in ArmA 3, but generally only helicopters...jets I will plug in a joystick for.

Arma2/3

Dslyecxi used to fly with mouse keyboard and petals in Arma2 and 3. Not sure if he still does but he's an absolutely incredible pilot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdDtnnHWvSw&index=3&list=PLQEd6zRLOafVn1SweJmdr-3ICqI885awY
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQEd6zRLOafVn1SweJmdr-3ICqI885awY

He also uses trackIR which is very useful when flying in first person in Arma

But rereading the OP you say planes. Well there are jets in Arma as well but they're used less frequently than helos. They do dominate the skies when up though. I fly pawnees in Arma3 KOTH and fucking jets.... mother fucking jets man... the bane of my existence as a pawnee pilot

War Thunder

another vote for War Thunder. Very easy to play and if you pay attention, learn the win conditions, focus on a matched tier hanger and have a clue about air combat early tiers are unlocked quickly.

Currently flying my tier 3's and unlocking the tier 4's. My daily play game since getting tired of WoT's nerffing everything to equality.

unfortunately their joystick support is weak as hell

the tanks are awesome though!

Back