Games that should be revived...

• Fallout 2 (in the Witcher 3 engine)
  • Legend of Zelda Link to the Past
  • Secret of Evermore
  • Dune 2
Dune 2 was effectively remade in the Command and Conquer engine waaayyyyy back in 2000 (Dune 2000). I liked it a lot and it definitely fixed everything that made Dune 2 difficult to play after C&C came out (1 unit at a time orders, for example), but it did not sell very well. Westwood also took their first stab into 3D graphics RTS with Emperor: Battle for Dune - another really good game that also, sadly, did not sell very well.

(All of this was before Westwood was consumed and digested by EA - their best years were definitely under Virgin Interactive)

Last edited:
Dune 2 was effectively remade in the Command and Conquer engine waaayyyyy back in 2000 (Dune 2000). I liked it a lot and it definitely fixed everything that made Dune 2 difficult to play after C&C came out (1 unit at a time orders, for example), but it did not sell very well. Westwood also took their first stab into 3D graphics RTS with Emperor: Battle for Dune - another really good game that also, sadly, did not sell very well.

(All of this was before Westwood was consumed and digested by EA - their best years were definitely under Virgin Interactive)

Ya Ive played both. I played the crap out of both actually. My first gaming obsession was probably Dune 2... I remember playing it as a young kid. The Dune universe is pretty interesting... which they would come out with some good games.

Tie Fighter - as said before. So much you could do with storylines
Jedi Knight - Dark Forces II. Great story, just upgrade the graphics and combat. Sequels had fun combat.
The Force Unleashed. PC controls sucked, boss fights finishing move work sucked. Story awesome.

Dark Forces
Jedi Knight
Jedi Academy
Hexen
Wing Commander
Privateer
Carmageddon
Rogue squadron
Nolf
Destruction Derby

Almost forgot
Daaaaaaaytonaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Carmaggedon has already been remade/modernized.

Dark Forces
Jedi Knight
Jedi Academy
Hexen
Wing Commander
Privateer
Carmageddon
Rogue squadron
Nolf
Destruction Derby

Almost forgot

Crusader: No Remorse
Crusader: No Regret
Dark Forces (without the hard disk wiping bug)

Dark Forces
Jedi Knight
Jedi Academy
Hexen
Wing Commander
Privateer
Carmageddon
Rogue squadron
Nolf
Destruction Derby

Almost forgot
Oh man I forgot about Destruction Derby. I had a lot of fun with that game back in the day. I've heard Wreckfest is a similar type game but I have not played it yet.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Has anyone said King's Quest, FreeSpace, or Journeyman Project?

I miss those games

Command & Conquer was fun as hell. But I'd also add Helbreath and Quake 3 Arena to that list as well.

Has anyone said King's Quest, FreeSpace, or Journeyman Project?

I miss those games

All of them as I recall. FreeSpace 3 is definitely on MY wishlist (as well as a new series of X-Wing and Tie Fighter style games, also mentioned).

I've always found it strange that the Commandos series doesn't get enough mentions in the gamers circle. I would love a remake of the 2nd one.

Would like to see these games remastered or better sequels

Socom II
C&C Generals
C&C Renegade
NFL Fever
NHL Hitz
Crysis
HL2
Spec Ops The Line
MOH:AA / Spearhead type MP
Dinosaur Hunter

Last edited:
It's a very old and a niche' game, but I would love to see a "Sea Rogue" remake. Doubt that would ever happen though. :cry:

1585321742371.png

Last edited:
I would really like a Sim Earth style sandbox game. I am sure it can be done on todays hardware.

I'd love to see some old school NES/SNES type bass fishing games get some love. All the fishing games now are meh..Seirra had one in late 90's Trophy Bass that was good. Talk about a neglected genre..

Would love to see Medal of Honor Allied assault + spearhead and breakthrough expansions remastered on something like frostbite.

• Fallout 2 (in the Witcher 3 engine)
  • Legend of Zelda Link to the Past
  • Secret of Evermore
  • Dune 2
Seems more like what you're looking for is remakes. I think the idea of the thread was creating new entries in series' that have died.
But in any case, to address your idea of one remake in particular: Fallout 2.

Personally I'd never want them to take that game and make it first/third person. I realize that many people here like what Bethesda have done to the Fallout series, I do not. There hasn't been a real Fallout game since 2.
The formula of Fallout to me has always been Deep RPG character interaction (replete with character sheet) with morality based gameplay. Combined with strategic/tactical, turn based, isometric combat. Fallout combat "should be" more like XCom than any action RPG.
It was for those reasons why the Bethesda games never lived up. They did well at certain things, such as understanding the tone of the games as well as understanding the art direction. But failed miserably at story telling and combat. VATS was often ignored, and the game playing much like an FPS with any and all strategic/tactical decisions removed.

I'd be happy with Fallout 1/2 with someone going over the code and getting out the long known bugs and then porting it to iOS (and Fallout 1 gaining Fallout 2's better more ergonomic UI). Perhaps adding back in the lost/never finished content. If they were to full blown remake it, then I would go for engine like XCom's (which is just Unreal 3 built out for tactical/isometric).

I've been waiting for RTCW to get the RTX treatment. Use some form of AI to upscale all the textures while at it. God, that would be amazing.

Back