Games that 'everyone' hates... but you love! (warning- play nicely)

Anyone notice how the genesis version of this game was so good and the snes seemed to suck? My friend had a genesis and I only had a snes so I still ended up beating the snes version but loved the genesis one so much more. Man this post is making me want to go to a used game store in my area and pick this up. I now have a genesis so could play it... at the very least going to hook up my snes and try playing the crappy version again lol. So much for me studying for finals today, this thread owned me.

GOD i hate aladin

I figured everybody hated Echo because all of my friends and family hated it but me. Suppose I was wrong lol

I love the SNES Aladdin. One of my favorite games ever! But i've never played the sega version.

I played it on SNES and Gamegear.

This thread makes me want to get the Genesis version for my Sega Nomad.

Planetside--Okay a couple of them played at release and for a long time. They were done before I ever got onboard. I think I was playing a different MMO during its prime.
Planetside was awesome. They totally need to make a sequel with updated graphics/physics and lower the monthly fee! [/pipedream]

I loved Matrix: Path of Neo as well as 24: The Game. Both games did not go over so well with the critics.

Ok ok ok. I confess. I played the hell out of E.T. on Atari. I beat it and did it so many times that I could do it without looking.

There was an atari ET which was considered one of the games of the consoles downfall. I'm wondering if that is the game he's talking about or another one on the NES.

I thought that game was "unbeatable"... LIES! It was a port of some other game they had in development... put E.T.'s face and name on it to sell... and never finished it so it would be beatable...

You get all the parts to the phone and go to a specific place to phone home, you have to get back to the landing site and get picked up. After that is done, I considered the game 'over'.

Sorry, you guys are right, it was Atari. I guess I'm older than I thought. I remember something about he had growing penis or something LOL. Am I remembering the game correctly?

Someone said Eco the Dolphin. I used to go to some kids house who I hated just to play that game. That and he had a hot mom.

Last edited:
7 cities of gold. I LOVE subjecting native populations with my superior culture and weaponry.

Papyrus developed Nascar series on PC was highly praised bro. It was lack of sales and the growing popularity of consoles.

in reality, it was EA SPORTS that bought exclusive rights to the nascar license and has held onto for years- completely ignoring requests for them to actually make a game with it. that is the only reason there is no nascar on pc. they did the same with baseball games for 4 years- theyve had exclusive mlb rights since mvp2005, and they simply sat on their monopoly and didnt make a single game since. now that the mlb license expired, sega stepped in and got things going again.

the nascar license expires this year. somebody will pick it up for sure... i just hope they make a game with it. or many games.

btw- fuck ea. theyre too big and too controlling on the pc gaming market.

Oh ok good point. One could argue lack of sales and the growing popularity of consoles persuaded EA to sit on those rights however. Also I'd like to throw another fuck EA into the mix for good measure.

Q3A - probably my favorite game of all time.

And then people complained that UT2003 was too "quake-like" :rolleyes:

Oh ok good point. One could argue lack of sales and the growing popularity of consoles persuaded EA to sit on those rights however. Also I'd like to throw another fuck EA into the mix for good measure.

As for the lack of sales, a member of Papyrus' design team did state declining interest in simulations as a factor, aside from the fact that they lost the NASCAR license. Sadly, the mass market wants dumbed down, easy games rather than the true to life simulations that Papyrus made.

Fifa... for me it's better then Pro Evo, as I want my team to have real players, not those faked names ones, and the pitch in Pro Evo is damn too small.

Far Cry 2, I like it, how the different characters ahve different stories and so on

Also Tabula Rasa, I played it a lot, and was unhappy when they pulled the plug

And finally... Postal 2. It was crap shooter, but the scenery made it all. "Burn the book, save the tree". Or "Hitler also wrote a book", was too damn funny, and all that was compensating shitty play :)

I thought I had some good ones but then I realized all I had were good games that were overhyped and received a lot of hate :(.. suppose those don't really count. I was going to say Gothic1 because it was a buggy piece of shit, but awesome... however, I just checked gamerankings and it's 80% positive.

Well, I kinda liked some of the Mortal Kombat games after #2, which were all universally shitty. Other than that I can't think of anything atm. I usually have a low tolerance for bad games.

Urban Chaos (PC). What an awesome-freakin-game! Yes, the checkpoints were few and far between, but the game was addictive, and the story was sweet! The cutscenes were also top-notch!

I also really liked Driver (PC), and Motorhead (PC)

God I feel old!

Lol, well it just feels like yesterday when I was playing them, time just flies is all.

Crysis - the debate crystallized early on (from the mouth of whiney babes comes complaints like "Crytek doesn't know how to code!!!111" when the whiners themselves wouldn't know what to do with BASIC), but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

GTA IV - again, same deal. Really got a kick out of it.

UT3 - just picked this one up ($5 on clearance at Target!) and am still puzzled on how it "sucks".

Final Fantasy X-2 I really enjoyed it on the times i played through it.

I thought it was light hearted and fun at least.

Final Fantasy X-2 I really enjoyed it on the times i played through it.

I thought it was light hearted and fun at least.

Not to mention it has one of the best, if not THE best battle system of any FF to date.

Big Rigs 1 and 2 are some of the best games I have ever played. The graphics and physics are out of this world, rivaling forza and GT.

GTAIV and Battlestar Galactica

BSG is like friggen Asteroids on crack, awesome game.

Mobsters on Myspace. Lol. Such a waste, You gain nothing by doing it. And if you want any kinda mob at all you have to whore yourself out to get more adds. Then the bulletin spam comes... I could go on and on lol.

The Lion King (1994) for SNES. lol

Hmm... according to Wiki it got decent reviews, but I remember being embarrassed to tell anyone I played it.

PC:

Star Wars Rebellion
Star Trek Legacy (mods FTW)
MDK2

NES:

Boulderdash
Duck Tales
Megaman 4

SNES:

Donkey Kong Country 3
Roger Clemens MLB
Megaman Soccer

N64:

Wave Race
Mystical Ninja
Turok 2/3
Pilot Wings

Dude, Wave Race was ABSOLUTELY INSANELY AWESOME! I might go out and pick up DoAExtreme just because of it.... though I don't know if it's really worth it.

Back