Games that 'everyone' hates... but you love! (warning- play nicely)

paco16

Limp Gawd
Just curious who out there is brave enough to admit to loving that Barney game on Sega Genesis, or Leisure Suit Larry on XBOX. There's no embarrassment on the internet... only truth and... well you get the idea. MAN UP!
What's the majority-perceived worst-game PC, console or otherwise (Candy Land doesn't count!) you just couldn't stop playing!?

well, among my friends it has to be Worms Armageddon.

TF2 as well.... they're a bunch of mo's lol

Gundam: Crossfire for the PS3. Fraking awesome game!

Most reviews give it a 3.5 out of 10.

The original Monster Rancher.

PSX.

I could not stop playing this and my friend always got pissed when I told him to bring over ALL the cd's he could find in his house. :cool:

Goddamn, this was a long time ago.

I used to play Kingdom of Loathing religiously, and all of my friends thought I was crazy.

HAHAHA i bought Shaq Fu the day it came out i was all into that then i got killer instinct an it was game over.

AoC, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - well, a fair few seem to hate it, I feel like I'm the minority in any case - R6V2, Dark Messiah, and Age of Chivalry/Insurgency mods. Again, not everyone seems to hate them, but more than like them.

Conversely, I would happily curl out a fat turd onto a freshly-printed L4D, WoW, Crysis or DoD:S disc.

UT3 and FarCry2 - I loved both of these that seem to get a lot of hate.

...trying to think back to something more extreme: American McGee's Alice. Never have been able to get any of my friends to play that one. The game-play and themes were just too much for them; now that the graphics are really showing their age doesn't help. :(

Super Pitfall for the SNES

SOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. But I can't stop playing it for some reason.

Last Remnant. I think a lot of the hate comes from Xbox guys. Plays well on my desktop though. A bit of a grinder and sometimes way too damn hard / luck based. Reminds me of the old games in that regard though. Makes it fun.

lol - Mob Wars on facebook. :p I have absolutely no idea why I waste time clicking on that stupid thing. I want to quit but I can't.

I am so completely sick of facebook applications. I removed the majority of them from my profile, but I couldn't bring myself to dump Mob Wars; not when I spent all that time working up to the billions and billions of dollars I make per hour. :rolleyes:

You're right I should've gone first. I worked so hard to make an engaging title and 1st post I forgot to list mine!
For me probably was Dodge-ball on the NES... A close second is The Adventures of Kirby or something like that on NES.

I know i might have more but first thought for a game is Clive Barker's Jericho.

i think i'd be considered a camper in the shooting games i play lol.

does that count?

I would have to say just about any FPS game I play against my RL friends. They do get an immense satisfaction on finally getting a kill on me though. :) On-line people just call me a cheater...

As far as specific games, I would say I really liked the Civilization series. It has great reviews on the internet, but none of my RL friends care for it.

Well, I can't play it anymore because of those twats at NCSoft:mad: but mine would be Tabula Rasa. As far as I'm concerned it was probably the best MMO ever released, especially towards the end.

i liked aladdin on genesis. twas a good game despite most everyone i know hating it or never playing it. any game with a monkey is good in my books

4815.jpg

oh - and WORMS FTW

all the way back to 1.0 when I first learned the ways of the ninja rope.

Q3A. I played that game online for so many years. I also like UT3 a lot.

i liked aladdin on genesis. twas a good game despite most everyone i know hating it or never playing it. any game with a monkey is good in my books

4815.jpg

Anyone I've ever spoken to loved the nuts off that game. Same for the Lion King.

For me it was Descent 2 and Forsaken for PC. I remember buying a MS Sidewinder game pad that had motion sensors in it. So you could move it up or down and side to side. MISTAKE. I was so nauseous when I used it with Descent 2. Forsaken was just awesome, Pretty much the same kind of game that Descent was. I played those for hours. Not sure how popular they were though.

The original Monster Rancher.

PSX.

I could not stop playing this and my friend always got pissed when I told him to bring over ALL the cd's he could find in his house. :cool:

Goddamn, this was a long time ago.

lol that was good times.

Me age 14: "Hey mom can I borrow that Dr. Hook and Earth Wind Fire CD?"

"Son are you on the pot?"

Back