Games that are better on easy mode

Find hard to be better for that game.. Easy is way to easy..

Definitely would like to see the games that make this list lol

Ikaruga, because hard is insanity needing a drill to the temple to release pressure.

I personally play a bunch of games on easy. Mainly because I can get through them faster. With the amount of games I have still to play I have no desire to get a "challenge" from most of them.

this topic is really addressing the issue of artificial intellikgence in games...basically, it doesn't exist...all the 'ai' gets are bonuses to existing game mechanics...easy mode is the human player getting said bonuses and the 'ai' getting penalties

ladies and gentlemen, this is NOT artificial intelligence whatsoever

having played computer games for 35 years, the fundamental flaws are STILL THERE...the extreme formulaic design of so many games is mind numbing and insulting to human beings...;

the civ series has been the same tired formulaic 'design' for 23 years !!

FPS shooters same design since doom

RPG linear design since, well, day one

mmo's design tried and true carrot and stick approach..'hey, lets raise the level cap to 1000 so people can keep doing the same shit they''ve done for 900 levels !!!!

i'd pay $1000 for a brand new design/genre to come to the market

/rant off

I've never found a single game that I couldn't finish if I was playing on hard difficulty.

All RPG games that I play for story. I treat games, like books - they are to tell me the story. I really don't care to spend 4 hours to defeat a boss, when I'm itching to know, what the writers prepared for me. I also don't want to bother with mechanics, party tactics and such.

I personally play a bunch of games on easy. Mainly because I can get through them faster. With the amount of games I have still to play I have no desire to get a "challenge" from most of them.

Same here. Depends as whole lot on the game. Games that I really enjoy and want a longer, more challenging and engaging experience, I up the difficulty and take my time. I've got a lot of games though that I picked up cheap that I want to play, but don't necessary want to dedicate a massive amount of time to. For games like that, I enjoy putting the difficulty low and breezing through to enjoy the story. On certain games, I'll even cheat my way though. Not because I need to, but because it's a different sort of fun. Not every game needs to be difficult to be enjoyable.

I thought Bioshock Infinite, was better on easy, only because I was really into the story more than the gameplay.

I was going to say Tomb Raider, but really enjoyed the gameplay.

Half life 2. Going to easy just reduced the chances of needing to quick-load due to bad luck from the random number generator.

Bioshock, since death didn't really matter other than wasting time setting the game on easy lets you waste less time.

The games that are worth upping the difficulty are the ones that give additional challenges like better AI or more enemies. If all it does is scale the damage I'll play on easy to save time reloading save points.

Mass Effect 1 is good example when it comes to horribly artificial difficulty setting.

Red Faction Guerilla was better on easy, made it more fun to run around like a madman with that hammer.

Ikaruga, because hard is insanity needing a drill to the temple to release pressure.

For Ikaruga, it's actually hardest on normal. On easy, killing ships releases no shots from them, but on hard it always does. That means on hard, you at least know what's coming and it charges your mega bomb much faster. On normal you don't know if the shots are coming or not so it'll really keep you on your toes.

I would say I Wanna Be The Guy and related games would be better on easy because the harder difficulties simply reduce the amount of checkpoints.

Devil May Cry games. I don't have the time to master combos and moves required to beat them on Normal.

IMO the worst way a game increases difficulty is to give enemies more HP and more damage output. That's so elementary.

However, when enemies employ greater strategy I view that as "legit" difficulty.

Going back to Alien Isolation, within its universe, the logic has to make sense. The idea of the gameplay is that by being stealthy, I'm able to avoid the alien. So then why the fuck can I crouch-sneak for a mile, and yet the alien always seems to be within a 200ft radius of me.

That is not legit, so I switch it to Easy for the remainder of the game.

I'm okay with them boosting the enemy damage when they fire at you for artificial difficulty, so you can take fewer hits, but I hate it when they do that AND dramatically increase the accuracy of the enemy, as well as enemy health. It makes 100% stealth almost mandatory when firefight exchanges result in you always losing first because they never miss and can take 100X as much damage as you.

Games like CoD/BF SP I play on Normal or Easy. The only real difference in difficulty in those games is that the AI is hyper-accurate and you die almost instantly. Doesn't really add anything to the game to increase the difficulty.

For Ikaruga, it's actually hardest on normal. On easy, killing ships releases no shots from them, but on hard it always does. That means on hard, you at least know what's coming and it charges your mega bomb much faster. On normal you don't know if the shots are coming or not so it'll really keep you on your toes.

I would say I Wanna Be The Guy and related games would be better on easy because the harder difficulties simply reduce the amount of checkpoints.

True ;)

And Ikaruga is STILL one of my favorite games.

I don't have a game in mind that is more fun on 'easy' but horror genre games I always play on 'normal' setting. I'm already hyped/stressed out to play horror games. I'm really after a good experience and story. If it's hard and I keep dying a lot, that immediately removes the horror part and just makes it an action game because of the frustration. I want to leave that room with the monster right away. If I keep dying over and over again with the same monster, it's not scary.

So 'normal' for me :D

Maybe it's because I was 12 or 13 the last time I played it, but I found that Wing Commander 3 was a lot better on easy mode. The full motion video parts were amazing (at the time, anyway), but some of the actual missions were insanity if you set it to any of the meaningful difficulty options.

Any game that I have to play with a controller. Why? Because that device is inadequate to control precise movement, for me at least. I broke two DS3 controllers playing Last of Us on easy.

Maybe not easy, but normal, the Total War series. I wanted a challenge on the battlefield, but instead higher difficulties gives AI kingdoms ridiculous and impossibly sized armies that appear out of the blue, and 10x faster than you can. Isn't fun at all.

I can not say I have ever dropped a game to easy, but for any RPG, I always do the first play through on the normal difficulty. If the game is worth a second play through I bump up the difficulty.

Games like CoD/BF SP I play on Normal or Easy. The only real difference in difficulty in those games is that the AI is hyper-accurate and you die almost instantly. Doesn't really add anything to the game to increase the difficulty.

This is a take i have on this issue since MW3... i had been able to finish the other CoD on hard + up to that point, but due to work reducing my game time heavily and a specially frustratingly stupid part near the end of the castle like level with an almost never ending supply of hyper accurate enemies, including helicopter drops, if you tried to be a bit tactical instead of trying a mad rambo rush to the end, i was just broken... then i saw that i could change the difficulty mid game, and have never looked back.

I used to never play games on easy, but as I have less and less time to game, I generally don't want to repeat the same crap over and over again. So I try to keep a balance of not dying too much and moving forward in a game. If that means easy mode, so be it.

maybe for a first run through to get a feel for the gameplay certain games like Alien Isolation or Evil Within might be better on Easy difficulty...but you should play it again afterwards on a higher difficulty

Mass Effect 3

Simply because the action/gameplay is so tediously repetitive it's just more fun to set it to its 'narrative' mode and enjoy the story. ME1&2 are fine on insanity though.

Crysis

Because the head hitbox detection is so shitty, anything higher than easy mode makes half your 'headshots' count as body/shoulder. Warhead fixed this.

South Park Stick of Truth?

I just picked it up on sale a couple days ago - started it last night. I just got out of the intro, and they dumped me in the middle of a battle against 4 enemies that I can't beat! Kept dying over and over. I'm going to set it to Casual tonight and see if I can get through that fight, 'cause who cares about playing a cartoon game on Hardcore mode...

I find some games to be just too damn hard on hard, but I don't know if they imbalanced or not. I tried "I am death incarnate" on Wolf 3d when I was a kid, LOL. Racing games sometimes get shitty on hard because it just makes the bots faster than you.

Back