• Books

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • Games

Votes: 41 62.1%

• Total voters

Mr. Wolf

Supreme [H]ardness
Which is your biggest backlog?

I stopped buying books over the summer to try to catch up on all the ones on my shelves that I still haven't read. Same with games.

As of now, my backlog stands at...

Games: 12
Books: 19

I have a lot of books I need to read but my game backlog is a whole lot longer. I just don't have the numbers in mind at the moment.

Games. I would prolly have a lot more books if Steam had sales on them :p.

I buy books and read them, but buy games and play them later. So no backlog of books, but lots of games.

Book costs are cheap to begin with, so never really look for sales. I don't buy games at retail, so if I see a good price online, I'll buy it with the intent of playing it later.

Probably 50-100 games backlogged :(

I only have 5-6 games I need to beat. 84 books in paper and on Kindle unread...

I literally just finished a huge backlog of books I had piled up so I marked games since I've been taking advantage of sales but never really playing anything seriously.

I find that I have accumulated a much larger backlog of books since I installed the Kindle app on my phone, though not nearly as large as my games backlog. It takes me a day to read a book, and only an afternoon for some games, but my internet is so slow I have to spend a day or two just waiting for my download to finish on Steam. I have something like 70 games in Steam I haven't even installed yet.

I might get 3-4 hours out of a book if it grabs me. I'm constantly trying to find something new and shiny to read.

I don't really generate a book backlog... because if I don't like the book I just drop it... and if I like the book I finish it right away... I'm pretty much always listening to an audiobook.

I haven't read a book since college. I got a Kindle a couple years back. It's been sitting in my closet there ever since.

If I buy a book I read it. All my games however. . . I think I have 20 or so I havent finished yet and not likely to either. Could be because I can get through a book in an afternoon and most of my games are like Oblivion. . .

Ever since I bought my iPad, i have bought quite a few books, and I do have a backlog of them.

If you are a GenMay subscriber, we have an ongoing thread in the Entertainment section regarding book purchases.

All I'm going to say is I recommend the Game of Thrones series by George R. R. Martin and the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice.

No book backlog. I just read one then return it to the library and find another one that looks interesting. I don't really plan ahead in that regard.

I buy games on sale so there's probably a backlog there of about 10 games.

Games backlog: a few dozen
Books backlog: a few thousand

There are a hell of a lot more books than games and always will be. Only takes one person to write a book.

Normally it's games for me but the Damned Song of Fire and Ice series has got me by the balls for the last few weeks. God it's the first time I've ready a fantasy series that didn't revolve around some whiny preening invincible hero and a lame deus ex machina filled plot. It's weird that people are actually whining about the 4th book not exactly continuing the down the main story of the first 3. Wtf did Martin ever promise anything. I love this shit. It's like Martin Scorsese with knights and dragons. main characters getting killed off every 5 seconds. can't beat that.

Books more backlogged than games, because I do have a lot of games I've never beaten but I have no desire to so I'm not counting them :p

My bookshelves are hopeless. Great wealth of reading, yet after work it's just easier to game :(

Maybe all I read are shitty 300-500 page sci-fi novels, but I normally cut through those about 3 a day, so my book backlog is normally very short.

Though I do spent a lot more time reading than gaming, so even something short like the CoD Black Ops storyline took me almost 2 weeks to finish.

Back