Games like Defense Grid?

jamesrb

[H]ard|Gawd
Are there any other games like Defense Grid? I have spent so much time playing that game and am looking for something similar.

There's a whole genre, although it hasn't really caught on commercially. Most tower defense games reside in flash form and/or mods for other games, like Warcraft 3 and Starcraft.

Warcraft III TD maps.

I hope this scene reappears for Starcraft 2 but the new system for custom maps looks like it will be mod maker unfriendly.

Because so far they are limiting the size of a custom map you can make. With the current limits, can't remember them offhand, map makers won't be able to make anything very big or in depth.

Because so far they are limiting the size of a custom map you can make. With the current limits, can't remember them offhand, map makers won't be able to make anything very big or in depth.

You also have no local hosting of maps. You cannot host a big map and have everybody download it. It must be hosted on battlenet 2.0. Also you can only have a very limited number of custom games and they can only be named one thing and it's very hard to find or filter. Lack of the same lobby system to gather everybody and to organize teams and colors first may also be an issue.

PvZ. Sol Survivor is pretty good, but it has more of a learning curve. You have to play it for a while before you start to see the redeeming qualities. It also has multiplayer.

The limit is 10mb per map.

Even the most complex TD maps won't go over 1mb.

Sol Survivor is a pretty great one. Just wish it had more maps though. Still, the best TD of all time in my opinion is the Warcraft 3 FT one "Skibi TD". Fun fact, the guy who made it became hired by blizzard and the art of the blue haired woman in the intro pane was made by his girlfriend. A friend of mine that worked for blizz said she was hired into Blizz' art department too, and that the dagger in WoW "Khoo's Point" is named after her surname.

Back