Games are lagging with new setup, please help :(

The dxgkrnl.sys is gone again, it's replaced by HDAudBus.sys
the main issue is with nvlddmkm.sys, I just want to fix this file first, because I think it's the main culprit

I don't know about Ubuntu, I've just reinstalled Windows 10 Enterprise, it had no difference, I'm actually tired of reinstalling, is it worth it to install ubuntu? does it have the potential to fix my problem? I can't use Ubuntu permanently though, I need windows
I ran both commands:
View attachment 391908

OK well TBH that first command says you did seem to have some corruption issues. This could be caused by a corrupted installer, or some sort of hardware error that caused issues during installation. Reboot and run SFC again, see if it still says it found problems. If it doesnt, go ahead and install the regular nvidia driver and try setting the HPET setting to false again, and get any other changes you made set back to "normal". Otherwise you may have an issue with some piece of hardware, can you try a different USB stick/ISO for installation? As far as ubuntu goes, its just a different OS to try, it would completely rule out any windows nonsense, and it would give you the oppurtunity to test a completely different driver (Nouveau vs official nvidia), you would install it just to test things out with, afterwards you can switch back to windows.

OK well TBH that first command says you did seem to have some corruption issues. This could be caused by a corrupted installer, or some sort of hardware error that caused issues during installation. Reboot and run SFC again, see if it still says it found problems. If it doesnt, go ahead and install the regular nvidia driver and try setting the HPET setting to false again, and get any other changes you made set back to "normal". Otherwise you may have an issue with some piece of hardware, can you try a different USB stick/ISO for installation? As far as ubuntu goes, its just a different OS to try, it would completely rule out any windows nonsense, and it would give you the oppurtunity to test a completely different driver (Nouveau vs official nvidia), you would install it just to test things out with, afterwards you can switch back to windows.
Running the sfc command after rebooting, showed nothing
the only achievement that I had was checking my GPU as msi the msi utility tool (http://www.mediafire.com/file/ewpy1p0rr132thk/MSI_util_v3.zip/file)
this one actually affects the dxgkrnl.sys and it won't show up in LatencyMon anymore, maybe it will show up again but less often than before and I think that also improves the FPS a bit now my only issue is the nvlddmkm.sys

Yep, looks good to me. Sorry it didn't find that was the culprit!
Why is this driver so old? are these even downloadable? I couldn't find it on the internet
1630824234372.png

Can you try this:

Unplug all USB devices, all audio devices, disable all networking devices, monitor latency with LatencyMon and start a game.

Can you try this:

Unplug all USB devices, all audio devices, disable all networking devices, monitor latency with LatencyMon and start a game.
There are just 2 USBs, my mouse and keyboard I can't do anything if I unplug those lol, I need to restart LatencyMon to see the effect, so I can't start it without the mouse, I unplugged my keyboard, audio device and LAN cable and also disabled LAN in the device manager, they had no effect

One weird thing is that I get 60 FPS in stronghold warlords on low settings
But currently, I get 60~80 FPS wth low settings in Battlefield V :| WTH?
The FPS got much better after I marked my GPU as msi and the dxgkrnl.sys went away from LatencyMon (almost went away though! it sometimes appears in the LatnecyMon's startup but quickly gets replaced by nvlddmkm.sys)
I think the FPS can still go higher than this but the nvlddmkm.sys's latency won't let it do so
I need to fix this, my audio is still crackling :(

Nevermind the FPS is now low again :|
The HDAudBus spikes as well
I completely disabled the sound and ran battlefield V, here's what LatencyMon shows:
Screenshot (3).png

That wdf01000.sys wouldn't spike like this while windows was idle, I thought that it has no problem
but after a game, it also spiked

Last edited:
Did you manually disable that HPET device or is that what happens after you set it to false through cmd? What CPU did you have before the 10100f?
I did both, disabled manually in device manager and also in cmd, no if I disable it through cmd, it won't disable it in device manager
I had i5 3570s

I'm thinking that it might be the motherboard, I don't know, I think there's no solution to this problem, though on some forums it easily would get fixed after doing some of those solutions, but for me, it doesn't change, except that dxgkrnl that almost got fixed by checking the msi on my gpu, but as you can see in the image above, dxgkrnl also has a high latency

I'm thinking that it might be the motherboard, I don't know, I think there's no solution to this problem, though on some forums it easily would get fixed after doing some of those solutions, but for me, it doesn't change, except that dxgkrnl that almost got fixed by checking the msi on my gpu, but as you can see in the image above, dxgkrnl also has a high latency

You may be right, these are the types of weird issues I have on virtual systems with passthrough GPUs, and sometimes those are caused by the layout of the board/chipset. Things like number of PCIe lanes from chipset vs CPU, speed of interconnects, NUMA node config, number of IOMMU groupings etc..

I have dealt with MSI before, but ive never had it not work the way it should, so I dont have much troubleshooting experience with it. This thread seems really interesting if you havent already seen it:

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/w...ge-signaled-based-interrupts-msi-tool.378044/

Also, I would not manually disable that HPET device while you also have it disabled through cmd, I would only use one method at a time.

You may be right, these are the types of weird issues I have on virtual systems with passthrough GPUs, and sometimes those are caused by the layout of the board/chipset. Things like number of PCIe lanes from chipset vs CPU, speed of interconnects, NUMA node config, number of IOMMU groupings etc..

I have dealt with MSI before, but ive never had it not work the way it should, so I dont have much troubleshooting experience with it. This thread seems really interesting if you havent already seen it:

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/w...ge-signaled-based-interrupts-msi-tool.378044/

Also, I would not manually disable that HPET device while you also have it disabled through cmd, I would only use one method at a time.
But another thing is that my previous motherboard was H61M-E which was so ancient even 4 years ago when I bought that, but I had 0 problems on that PC, I mean I didn't know about DPC Latency issues and I've never checked it on my old PC, but the audio and everything was working fine, I've never had any problem like this with my old setup, so what do you think about that one? I mean why that old motherboard was working fine but this newer one is not, although newer doesn't always mean better, idk
I really don't know what's the problem, I might also not be able to buy another mobo as well, I was happy that I am finally upgrading my PC 4~5 years after I bought the old one, but this DPC Latency came out of nowhere and ruined everything, I know these specs are nothing compared to others but my country has a shitty economy and EVERYTHING is expensive as hell!
F**K DPC LATENCY 😭

But another thing is that my previous motherboard was H61M-E which was so ancient even 4 years ago when I bought that, but I had 0 problems on that PC, I mean I didn't know about DPC Latency issues and I've never checked it on my old PC, but the audio and everything was working fine, I've never had any problem like this with my old setup, so what do you think about that one? I mean why that old motherboard was working fine but this newer one is not, although newer doesn't always mean better, idk
I really don't know what's the problem, I might also not be able to buy another mobo as well, I was happy that I am finally upgrading my PC 4~5 years after I bought the old one, but this DPC Latency came out of nowhere and ruined everything, I know these specs are nothing compared to others but my country has a shitty economy and EVERYTHING is expensive as hell!
F**K DPC LATENCY 😭

To be perfectly honest with you, if you had an ASUS board and swapped over to a gigabyte board (even a newer one), to me that would be a downgrade. Considering all the troubleshooting you have already done, and the fact that your GPU is the same one that was in your old PC, it seems very likely that youre either having an incredible amount of bad luck with software or that your motherboard is the issue. Is it possible to downgrade your BIOS? Maybe try the F7 or F6 assuming it has support for your CPU. You may also file a bug report with gigabyte, maybe this is somthing that they can fix with a firmware/BIOS update. You will definitely have to provide them a bunch of info, im sure theyll want logs from event viewer etc.., so it might be best to start with a "clean" system when providing them the info (no modification of HPET, no special drivers, fully updated, etc..). The only thing I can think of at this point is to start over from scratch one last time, get your computer fully updated, run sfc to verify there isnt any corruption issues, and then capture an image of the install with clonezilla. This way you could really start to make changes and try things, and if you break it or want to bring it back to a known state, you can just restore the image back and be good to go in under 10 minutes. Let me know if you do want to try somthing like that and I can help if needed.

To be perfectly honest with you, if you had an ASUS board and swapped over to a gigabyte board (even a newer one), to me that would be a downgrade. Considering all the troubleshooting you have already done, and the fact that your GPU is the same one that was in your old PC, it seems very likely that youre either having an incredible amount of bad luck with software or that your motherboard is the issue. Is it possible to downgrade your BIOS? Maybe try the F7 or F6 assuming it has support for your CPU. You may also file a bug report with gigabyte, maybe this is somthing that they can fix with a firmware/BIOS update. You will definitely have to provide them a bunch of info, im sure theyll want logs from event viewer etc.., so it might be best to start with a "clean" system when providing them the info (no modification of HPET, no special drivers, fully updated, etc..). The only thing I can think of at this point is to start over from scratch one last time, get your computer fully updated, run sfc to verify there isnt any corruption issues, and then capture an image of the install with clonezilla. This way you could really start to make changes and try things, and if you break it or want to bring it back to a known state, you can just restore the image back and be good to go in under 10 minutes. Let me know if you do want to try somthing like that and I can help if needed.
Yes I've tried all BIOS versions, no fix
But how can I be sure that this problem is with my mobo, I contacted gigabyte support but I haven't received any reply yet, I contacted last night, I didn't give any file or much info though
And for starting from scratch, you mean I reinstall windows and all that, and what should I try then?
I was able to return the LatencyMon to the last state which the FPS was better, now my FPS is kinda acceptable, I'm happy with it, but the sound crackling in my monitor's voice annoys me and makes me want to try again in order to fix this issue completely, but it seems impossible, I don't know what's the culprit yet, mobo, drivers, idk ...

Last edited:
Yes I've tried all BIOS versions, no fix
But how can I be sure that this problem is with my mobo, I contacted gigabyte support but I haven't received any reply yet, I contacted last night, I didn't give any file or much info though
And for starting from scratch, you mean I reinstall windows and all that, and what should I try then?
I was able to return the LatencyMon to the last state which the FPS was better, now my FPS is kinda acceptable, I'm happy with it, but the sound crackling in my monitor's voice annoys me and makes me want to try again in order to fix this issue completely, but it seems impossible, I don't know what's the culprit yet, mobo, drivers, idk ...

You cant, but attempting to prove that the issue is NOT the motherboard is a pretty good troubleshooting step. Hopefully gigabyte gets back to you, maybe theyve seen this issue before and its a software fix, or if it actually is the mobo im sure they can offer you an RMA at the least.

If you do decide to reinstall windows, I recommend fully updating it (very important), then running sfc /scannow again to confirm no corruption has occoured. Install ONLY the official LAN and Intel INF (under chipset) drivers from here:
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H510M-S2H-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-chipset

then reboot and update your GPU drivers, use the game ready drivers. Afterwards I would just go ahead and run a game, your system should be in what is normally a functional state. If you have issues still, start by making one change and testing that:
bcdedit /set useplatformclock false

If that doesnt solve it, you can revert the change, and try enabling MSI. If that doesnt work, try both changes at once. Im betting this is an issue with your motherboard, but by making changes one or two at a time, we can really start to isolate what is and isnt making an impact. Ultimately the real solution might be an RMA/Fix from gigabyte.

It might be the bios or chipset drivers or gpu drivers. Unless the new hardware is faulty. I would swap out the board.

Last resort would be to borrow someone's motherboard that supports your CPU and check on that.

It's very plausible that there's a hardware fault somewhere on the board which is causing the DPC latency issue. So ideally you'd be able to borrow a motherboard and test that.

I've read that bent socket pins causes DPC latency, broken USB/SATA plugs... Basically motherboard hardware faults can cause DPC latency.

You cant, but attempting to prove that the issue is NOT the motherboard is a pretty good troubleshooting step. Hopefully gigabyte gets back to you, maybe theyve seen this issue before and its a software fix, or if it actually is the mobo im sure they can offer you an RMA at the least.

If you do decide to reinstall windows, I recommend fully updating it (very important), then running sfc /scannow again to confirm no corruption has occoured. Install ONLY the official LAN and Intel INF (under chipset) drivers from here:
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H510M-S2H-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-chipset

then reboot and update your GPU drivers, use the game ready drivers. Afterwards I would just go ahead and run a game, your system should be in what is normally a functional state. If you have issues still, start by making one change and testing that:

If that doesnt solve it, you can revert the change, and try enabling MSI. If that doesnt work, try both changes at once. Im betting this is an issue with your motherboard, but by making changes one or two at a time, we can really start to isolate what is and isnt making an impact. Ultimately the real solution might be an RMA/Fix from gigabyte.
But my mobo's warranty is not gigabyte itself, I'm not sure if they provide any services to my country :| so I'm not sure about the RMA, I don't know much about how the warranty stuff work :| but if they can return back the money, that would be nice, lol
What motherboard do you suggest from Asus? you were saying that Asus is better right, so I think I should be thinking about changing my mobo if I can, I'm not sure though, I can't buy the top ones, but I've seen boards like PRIME H510M-A or M-E, M-D
is that model good? what do M-A and M-E and M-D mean?
I think I'll reinstall windows right now, then should I update my windows first? or I can update it after installing the gpu driver? because if my pc is connected to the internet, it'll automatically download some old drivers for the gpu, so I don't connect to the internet until I've installed all of the things that I need
And how can I revert that command? by setting it to true? I think it's false by default, if I set it to true, the windows gets SO MUCH LAGGY even on the desktop, the right click menu would take 1 second to appear
Should I use clonezilla? when should I capture the image, does it only capture the drive where the windows installed? am I going to use that as a replacement for reinstalling the windows?

Last resort would be to borrow someone's motherboard that supports your CPU and check on that.

It's very plausible that there's a hardware fault somewhere on the board which is causing the DPC latency issue. So ideally you'd be able to borrow a motherboard and test that.

I've read that bent socket pins causes DPC latency, broken USB/SATA plugs... Basically motherboard hardware faults can cause DPC latency.
I don't know anyone having this motherboard
And by hardware fault do you mean like the mobo is damaged or sth?
What I mean by saying that it may be my mobo, it's not that it's damaged, I mean this specific model might have conflicts with my gpu, I really don't know if it's damaged or not, but I didn't do any damage as far as I know, although when I was installing the fan of my CPU, I've put so much pressure on the mobo that I could hear it flexing a bit, LOL, but I think it wasn't that much to break some part of it, maybe it was, IDK

How can I be sure that my motherboard is rev 1? I don't see it anywhere on CPU-Z neither my motherboard's box, but I was always downloading the rev 1 drivers...
it doesn't have any other web page except this rev 1

I don't know anyone having this motherboard
And by hardware fault do you mean like the mobo is damaged or sth?
What I mean by saying that it may be my mobo, it's not that it's damaged, I mean this specific model might have conflicts with my gpu, I really don't know if it's damaged or not, but I didn't do any damage as far as I know, although when I was installing the fan of my CPU, I've put so much pressure on the mobo that I could hear it flexing a bit, LOL, but I think it wasn't that much to break some part of it, maybe it was, IDK

Not the same motherboard, just anyone with a motherboard that supports your CPU.

My proposal is that you borrow someone's MB that supports your CPU, then install all your hardware on that and check latency. If latency is low then your Gigabyte motherboard is at fault.
How can I be sure that my motherboard is rev 1? I don't see it anywhere on CPU-Z neither my motherboard's box, but I was always downloading the rev 1 drivers...
it doesn't have any other web page except this rev 1

I don't think they have another revision of your motherboard, at least I couldn't find anything on their website.

Not the same motherboard, just anyone with a motherboard that supports your CPU.

My proposal is that you borrow someone's MB that supports your CPU, then install all your hardware on that and check latency. If latency is low then your Gigabyte motherboard is at fault.
no I meant I don't know anybody having a motherboard with LGA 1200

ok I'm now in the normal state, I've installed gpu driver, then updated windows, then installed LAN and INF drivers though windows has also installed a bunch of other drivers as well, then I remembered to run sfc /scannow 😬
The latency is exactly as before and I didn't run any commands yet, I didn't touch the power plan and power management in 3D settings as well
the installed drivers with windows update:
1630924077287.png

1630924103725.png

ok I'm now in the normal state, I've installed gpu driver, then updated windows, then installed LAN and INF drivers though windows has also installed a bunch of other drivers as well, then I remembered to run sfc /scannow 😬
The latency is exactly as before and I didn't run any commands yet, I didn't touch the power plan and power management in 3D settings as well
View attachment 392344
View attachment 392345

OK, thats fine. Basically everything you did should have worked, we can pretty much prove that because you re-did everything and confirmed the software was working as it should be (no corruption, windows updates, good drivers etc.) that your issues lie with your specific motherboard. Did you purchase this used or from a store? If you bought it from a store, I would contact them and ask to have the board replaced. Alternatively if you have a local PC repair shop around, call them and explain the situation, they may let you come in and use one of their boards, or let you put your CPU in one of their LGA1200 machines (also a good option) to confirm it isnt an issue with the CPU. As far as brands/boards go, I would say ASUS/ASrock are the best options on the market. Basically any board that ASUS offers is going to be really well made and stable, and ASRock typically has good quality/features for a good price.

I would continue working with gigabyte regardless, maybe this is some sort of rare bug thats hard to reproduce, so it could help other people as well.

One last thing that I can think to try is simply taking your CPU out, very gently blowing on the motherboard socket/CPU underside (its for luck, think N64 cartridge) and then re-installing the CPU. Maybe you had a bad seat on it the first time, maybe a bit of dust got on the contact pads, maybe youll notice a single bent pin in the socket (which would 100% be your problem).

Reseating the CPU would be a good idea. While you're at it, take a picture of the socket.

OK, thats fine. Basically everything you did should have worked, we can pretty much prove that because you re-did everything and confirmed the software was working as it should be (no corruption, windows updates, good drivers etc.) that your issues lie with your specific motherboard. Did you purchase this used or from a store? If you bought it from a store, I would contact them and ask to have the board replaced. Alternatively if you have a local PC repair shop around, call them and explain the situation, they may let you come in and use one of their boards, or let you put your CPU in one of their LGA1200 machines (also a good option) to confirm it isnt an issue with the CPU. As far as brands/boards go, I would say ASUS/ASrock are the best options on the market. Basically any board that ASUS offers is going to be really well made and stable, and ASRock typically has good quality/features for a good price.

I would continue working with gigabyte regardless, maybe this is some sort of rare bug thats hard to reproduce, so it could help other people as well.

One last thing that I can think to try is simply taking your CPU out, very gently blowing on the motherboard socket/CPU underside (its for luck, think N64 cartridge) and then re-installing the CPU. Maybe you had a bad seat on it the first time, maybe a bit of dust got on the contact pads, maybe youll notice a single bent pin in the socket (which would 100% be your problem).
I bought it from a website and it was new, I think the website only gives you 7 days to return the product, and it's passed now, but the warranty should replace this if they see any problems with it, but getting the same motherboard with the same model may not fix it but would be good to try it, I should take my pc to them, maybe tomorrow
I was going to take it to a repair service, so maybe they can swap the mobo or the CPU, which one should I go then? should I go to the warranty and see if they can give me another one, or I should go for repairing, I'm not even sure if they know how to fix DPC Latency, they most probably can't, but they may find the cause with swapping the parts

One thing that I should mention is that when I placed the CPU in its socket, then when I wanted to bring down this thing (I don't know what to call it due to my poor English)
Untitled.png

it fell down and hit the top of the CPU 😬
then I booted up and I didn't have any picture on my screen, no signal, then I opened the case and reseat the CPU again, but I didn't have any picture again, it wasn't the CPU, it was my poor HDMI cable, I unintentionally touched it and the screen was back for 1 second and then went to no signal, that's how I found it's the cable, and I bought a better one as well, so yeah I just wanted to say that I've reseated the CPU before, but I guess I'm going to do it one more time :s

One of my friends has H410M H mobo (He's far though, I can't borrow his mobo) and a i5 10400F with GTX 1650 Super and he has 0 issues with it
wow...
I've never wanted to convince myself and say that my luck sucks but... IT REALLY SUCKS

One of my friends has H410M H mobo (He's far though, I can't borrow his mobo) and a i5 10400F with GTX 1650 Super and he has 0 issues with it
wow...
I've never wanted to convince myself and say that my luck sucks but... IT REALLY SUCKS

Search around your area for a PC repair shop and ask them if you can bring your parts over for diagnostics. If they're nice they'll probably help you.

Search around your area for a PC repair shop and ask them if you can bring your parts over for diagnostics. If they're nice they'll probably help you.
I've just contacted one of these repair shops, and I asked them if they can fix DPC Latency but he said that they can't because they don't have parts to swap then he immidiately said that my GPU and mobo has conflicts, now I'm 95% sure it's the mobo, but he introduced another repair shop that they may have the parts to swap and test, I'll probably take it to there just to be 100% sure that its the mobo, then I'll take it to its warranty to see what they say

Can you introduce a specific motherboard model?
I don't know much about the brands and specific models, I bought my current parts by one of my friends advise
I can't find Asrock's H510 motherboards on websites, I can't buy from Amazon or eBay or others like that due to my country's situation :)
what else do you suggest?
Asus H510M A seems kinda nice "if I'd have the money for it", I might not be able to buy another mobo, I'm not sure, I should see how it goes
but I just want to know which mobo should I consider next

Last edited:
Why is this driver so old? are these even downloadable? I couldn't find it on the internet
View attachment 392147
The date on the Intel drivers is stored in a different format that Windows is not converting.
View attachment 392344
View attachment 392345
I would overwrite the drivers Windows installed with the drivers on your motherboard's support page. Install all the newest drivers that are listed here. The Intel INF and serial I/O drivers are extremely important. Don't worry about the VGA driver if you disabled the iGPU, or any of the utilities. Some of the version numbers may look the same, but trust me that it could make a difference.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H510M-S2H-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver

I bought it from a website and it was new, I think the website only gives you 7 days to return the product, and it's passed now, but the warranty should replace this if they see any problems with it, but getting the same motherboard with the same model may not fix it but would be good to try it, I should take my pc to them, maybe tomorrow
I was going to take it to a repair service, so maybe they can swap the mobo or the CPU, which one should I go then? should I go to the warranty and see if they can give me another one, or I should go for repairing, I'm not even sure if they know how to fix DPC Latency, they most probably can't, but they may find the cause with swapping the parts

One thing that I should mention is that when I placed the CPU in its socket, then when I wanted to bring down this thing (I don't know what to call it due to my poor English)
View attachment 392656
it fell down and hit the top of the CPU 😬
then I booted up and I didn't have any picture on my screen, no signal, then I opened the case and reseat the CPU again, but I didn't have any picture again, it wasn't the CPU, it was my poor HDMI cable, I unintentionally touched it and the screen was back for 1 second and then went to no signal, that's how I found it's the cable, and I bought a better one as well, so yeah I just wanted to say that I've reseated the CPU before, but I guess I'm going to do it one more time :s

That bit that you circled is called a "retention bracket", essentially just a square metal bracket that retains the CPU in the correct spot. You wont be able to find anyone who can repair the board (aside from gigabyte), no shop is going to diagnose/fix this down to the SMD level, or worse if the issue is in the traces on the internal layers of the PCB. The problem with your motherboard isnt DPC latency, or low FPS, those are just symptoms. The problem is some component on your motherboard itself that is malfunctioning, and you would need some specialty tools and experience to be able to diagnose the issue, almost no shop would have that, and if they did, they certainly dont let people walk in and use it :D

The benefit of going to a shop/repair place is in using their known-working equipment to test yours with. If you swap all of your components onto one of their boards, and you dont have a problem, then you can safely assume the issue is with your specific motherboard. If you know of a friendly shop, try asking when theyre least busy times are, maybe ask if they need any boxes of stuff gone through/organized (maybe ask if they like coffee, and what kind!). Lots of places in my area have back rooms filled to the brim with "stuff" but no time/people to even do a quick inventory, maybe you can spend an hour or two seperating USB and ethernet cables in exchange for them letting you use their space/gear. Though at this point even if you do run the tests and confirm it is your board, you are still in exactly the same spot you are in now, hoping for an RMA.

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Support/Warranty

The generic gigabyte warranty page and the newegg listing both show a 3 year warranty on the product, hopefully thats a manufacturer warranty and gigabyte will be able to take care of you, they may request proof of purchase.

Can you introduce a specific motherboard model?
I don't know much about the brands and specific models, I bought my current parts by one of my friends advise
I can't find Asrock's H510 motherboards on websites, I can't buy from Amazon or eBay or others like that due to my country's situation :)
what else do you suggest?
Asus H510M A seems kinda nice "if I'd have the money for it", I might not be able to buy another mobo, I'm not sure, I should see how it goes
but I just want to know which mobo should I consider next

The ASUS H510M-A seems a bit pricey to me, though ASUS boards are on the expensive side to begin with, it would be a good board if its within your budget. The ASRock B560M Pro4 sems to be a little cheaper and has a 2nd PCIe X16 slot which would have been nice to have on the gigabyte board for troubleshooting purposes. The 460 chipset appears to support 10th gen CPUs, so i think you could also look into an older gen of board (I could be wrong, im still on 3rd gen) but you may lose out on the ability to upgrade to 11th gen CPUs unless you get the 500 series board.

I would not purchase another board until you know exactly what will happen with your current one. If your board does get approved for an RMA, I would just continue using it after you get it back. Gigabyte might not be my top choice for boards, but I dont think this particular issue is one inherent to the brand or model, I think your specific board just got unlucky, and once its fixed you should be good to go. Though no matter what you will be completely without a motherboard for at least 2 weeks minimum, so depending on how long you want to wait this out, it may make sense to just purchase yourself a new board to avoid downtime. Obviously this comes down to your budget/timeline.

I usually purchase from newegg if im buying a new product, which country are you from?

I haven't been able to try myself, but AFAIK most people recommend Asrock for the budget end of the Motherboard spectrum.

That bit that you circled is called a "retention bracket", essentially just a square metal bracket that retains the CPU in the correct spot. You wont be able to find anyone who can repair the board (aside from gigabyte), no shop is going to diagnose/fix this down to the SMD level, or worse if the issue is in the traces on the internal layers of the PCB. The problem with your motherboard isnt DPC latency, or low FPS, those are just symptoms. The problem is some component on your motherboard itself that is malfunctioning, and you would need some specialty tools and experience to be able to diagnose the issue, almost no shop would have that, and if they did, they certainly dont let people walk in and use it :D

The benefit of going to a shop/repair place is in using their known-working equipment to test yours with. If you swap all of your components onto one of their boards, and you dont have a problem, then you can safely assume the issue is with your specific motherboard. If you know of a friendly shop, try asking when theyre least busy times are, maybe ask if they need any boxes of stuff gone through/organized (maybe ask if they like coffee, and what kind!). Lots of places in my area have back rooms filled to the brim with "stuff" but no time/people to even do a quick inventory, maybe you can spend an hour or two seperating USB and ethernet cables in exchange for them letting you use their space/gear. Though at this point even if you do run the tests and confirm it is your board, you are still in exactly the same spot you are in now, hoping for an RMA.

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Support/Warranty

The generic gigabyte warranty page and the newegg listing both show a 3 year warranty on the product, hopefully thats a manufacturer warranty and gigabyte will be able to take care of you, they may request proof of purchase.

The ASUS H510M-A seems a bit pricey to me, though ASUS boards are on the expensive side to begin with, it would be a good board if its within your budget. The ASRock B560M Pro4 sems to be a little cheaper and has a 2nd PCIe X16 slot which would have been nice to have on the gigabyte board for troubleshooting purposes. The 460 chipset appears to support 10th gen CPUs, so i think you could also look into an older gen of board (I could be wrong, im still on 3rd gen) but you may lose out on the ability to upgrade to 11th gen CPUs unless you get the 500 series board.

I would not purchase another board until you know exactly what will happen with your current one. If your board does get approved for an RMA, I would just continue using it after you get it back. Gigabyte might not be my top choice for boards, but I dont think this particular issue is one inherent to the brand or model, I think your specific board just got unlucky, and once its fixed you should be good to go. Though no matter what you will be completely without a motherboard for at least 2 weeks minimum, so depending on how long you want to wait this out, it may make sense to just purchase yourself a new board to avoid downtime. Obviously this comes down to your budget/timeline.

I usually purchase from newegg if im buying a new product, which country are you from?
I took my mobo to the repair shop that I've said I'll be going to, and it was indeed the motherboard,
he replaced my mobo with a B460 and the latencyMon was all green and well, though it went a little bit higher when I ran the game, wasn't red yet, the FPS was much much more than mine, there were no issues
I also found out that I had forgotten to screw one of the screws under the motherboard, I mean it was already screwed into the case but it wasn't in the right place, it was under the chipset, and the repairman said that this might damage the whole motherboard if that screw has contacted with those solders under the mobo
maybe I broke it myself 😂
maybe thats why I had latency, is it possible? that the screw underneeth has contacted the solders with each other and somehow damaged the mobo?
anyway, I took the mobo to it's warranty, I didn't mention that screw though
I just said that I had really low fps in every game and the issue is called DPC latency and I've tested another motherboard and that was ok
I'm not sure if they know what DPC Latency is though 😐
we'll see how it goes

I live in Iran, which currently has a really bad economic situation
We can't buy from websites like amazon or other big names
Due to sanctions, low value money and so on...
I can just buy from the websites in my country, they're not that bad tbh but it seems that I can't find either of the motherboards that you suggested, lol
But the B560 seems fancier than the H510M A, I don't know how is it cheaper in your country, but I'm sure it should be way more expensive than H510M A in my country, just to be sure, I meant this motherboard:
Asus Prime H510M-A:
Screenshot_2021-09-08-19-54-16.png

Last edited:
I took my mobo to the repair shop that I've said I'll be going to, and it was indeed the motherboard,
he replaced my mobo with a B460 and the latencyMon was all green and well, though it went a littkd bit higher when I ran the game, wasn't red yet, the FPS was much much more than mine, there were no issues
I also found out that I had forgotten to screw one of the screws under the motherboard, I mean it was already screwed into the case but it wasn't in the right place, it was under the chipset, and the repairman said that this might damage the whole motherboard if that screw has contacted with those solders under the mobo
maybe thats why I had latency, is it possible? that the screw underneeth has contacted the solders with each other and somehow damaged the mobo?
I just said that I had really low fps in every game and the issue is called DPC latency and I've tested another motherboard and that was ok
we'll see how it goes

I can just buy from the websites in my country, they're not that bad tbh but it seems that I can't find either of the motherboards that you suggested, lol
But the B560 seems fancier than the H510M A, I don't know how is it cheaper in your country, but I'm sure it should be way more expensive than H510M A in my country, just to be sure, I meant this motherboard:
Asus Prime H510-A:
View attachment 392988

Try getting warranty for the Motherboard first, then. If they refuse then start looking for a replacement option, or find an electronics repair shop and see if they can repair it for cheap.

I think Gigabyte will honor warranty if you said the board is causing latency issues.

Also, what happens if you install the board correctly? The electrical short might really caused latency.

Try getting warranty for the Motherboard first, then. If they refuse then start looking for a replacement option, or find an electronics repair shop and see if they can repair it for cheap.

I think Gigabyte will honor warranty if you said the board is causing latency issues.

Also, what happens if you install the board correctly? The electrical short might really caused latency.
The warranty is not the Gigabyte itself, I think because they don't have any services in my country, the warranty's name is something else, it is somewhat a well known warranty for electronic components in my country

I've placed that screw correctly and then tested it but the latency was bad as always

I think if they find out that the chipset is somehow damaged, they might repair it themselves and for free, if that's really the cause of the problem, but I think if the user has broken it, then he has to pay them to fix it, I don't know how they work, I'v never reffered to warranty before

he replaced my mobo with a B460 and the latencyMon was all green and well, though it went a little bit higher when I ran the game, wasn't red yet, the FPS was much much more than mine, there were no issues
we'll see how it goes

Asus Prime H510M-A:
View attachment 392988

Thats great, glad you got it figured out! I have definitely broken boards by having standoffs in the wrong spot, even having different height standoffs might cause issues. That ASUS board was the one I was referring to, but once you get your board back from RMA you should be 100% fine.

Nice work dude, you did A LOT of troubleshooting on this one.

When you replaced the mobo did you have to reinstall Windows and everything? or it detected the new mobo and installed what drivers and all is ok?

Back