Games are choppy in extended mode

hajalie24

[H]ard|Gawd
If I have my second monitor enabled and play a game it becomes very choppy. Disabling the second monitor makes it smooth. Is there a reason for this and can it be fixed?

Are you playing in windowed mode? If so, crossfire won't work and you'll get a performance hit.

No it's not in windowed mode. Crossfire works and all but it feels choppy, probably that microstuttering thing people are talking about. Disabling the second monitor makes it feel smooth.

Have you tried switching Windows theme to a basic theme without all the graphical effects? (assuming you are using Windows 7 or Vista). If it doesn't automatically switch, try changing it manually to disable the Aero theme effects.

Are you getting stutter in all games or just one in particular? What kind of frame rate are you getting when it's noticeable? You do have your monitors connected to the top (closest to cpu) card right?

Tried basic mode and it still is bad. It happens in all games, with 50-60 fps. And yes the monitors are connected to the basic mode.

I have not experienced this. I have seen when playing WoW and the wallpaper changes It gets choppy for about 20 seconds.

What game(s) are you playing? Are you using crossfire? Are you using radeonpro? Does it do it with vsync enabled or disabled?

BF3, Mirrors Edge, RO2, all do it. Something weird I noticed with mirror's edge was that the frame cap would be 62 with my second monitor enabled and 60 without it. I'm using crossfire but in windowed mode it does the same thing. No readeon pro.

Have you tried changing which monitor is primary and trying it on the other monitor?

When you say choppy is like a sutter every few seconds or is like is running at 15 fps.

Back