Gamersgate Summer Sale RPG Week

BababooeyHTJ

Supreme [H]ardness
It seems like Gamersgate is having a Summersale along the lines of what D2D had a while back. This week is RPG week.

There are some good games on sale like Neverwinter Nights 2 Gold for $10.18, The Witcher for $6.78, Gothic Universe for $10, King's bounty, Titans Quest, and a few more.

Nice. I've already got NWN2 and Storm of Zehir, but I've been eying the gold edition because it's one of the cheapest ways to snag Mask of the Betrayer. Thanks for posting.

Anyone know if I can get this and use my D2D copy of Storm of Zehir on top of it? I think D2D has their own patches for the game.

Well, I just saw this post on Bioware forums with a moderator saying that the D2D version of NWN2 and SOZ should work with the retail version of MOB. If it actually works and that applies to the Gamersgate version I'm not sure. What makes things harder to find out is that D2D seems to no longer carry NWN2 or any expansion from what I see. NWN2 has it's own auto patcher so you should be good there.

Edit: You can buy MOB from The Atari Store which I have never used for $10. You may just want to contact Atari support and find out if that works with the D2D version of NWN2 and SOZ. As long as you have the serial keys there is the "other way" that you should be able to install everything.

Last edited:
Finally, I get Witcher EE. I kept missing that specific title in the steam sales.

I'm missing NWN2: MOB as well because it never appeared in the D2D sales, but there's no way I'm paying $10 for the remaining title when I paid $5 for each of the others.

I would get the Gothic Universe bundle, but isn't it missing G3: Forsaken Gods? Furthermore, it's already about the same price at buy.com and ebay...

Witcher EE it is, thanks!

and I get some Volvo racing game for signing up with GamersGate, nice.

They should really for go on the gay background...

Anyways, we'll see. I might buy a game...

Titan Quest (the gold edition, which is the original and the expansion -- but if you play it, only ever start the expansion) is totally worth $5 if you enjoy diaboloesque games.

Well, GamersGate is from the same country that gave us ABBA, so it shouldn't be too surprising.

Was thinking about the Witcher EE, but last I heard it uses Tages for DRM and it's a nightmare on windows 7 in my experience.

I finally got Loki from this sale. It seems like a decent Diablo like arpg clone. I can't patch to the latest version though when I tried it before I activated it it started asking me for a CD *sigh* still waiting on support to tell me where I can get the latest version of the patch for their version.

Gothic 2 Gold (which includes the expansion) is the same price as the expansion. Brilliant!

Finally, I get Witcher EE. I kept missing that specific title in the steam sales.

I'm missing NWN2: MOB as well because it never appeared in the D2D sales, but there's no way I'm paying $10 for the remaining title when I paid $5 for each of the others.

I would get the Gothic Universe bundle, but isn't it missing G3: Forsaken Gods? Furthermore, it's already about the same price at buy.com and ebay...

Witcher EE it is, thanks!

and I get some Volvo racing game for signing up with GamersGate, nice.

MOB is also better than either quest.

The now have Dragon Age, both Mass Effects, and Torchlight. Looks like they're adding games each day. Sure wish I knew if they were going to add Awakenings. Does anyone know what my situation would be if I bought DA: Origins from them and wanted to get Awakenings later? Would I have to buy it from them?

I've purchased from them before. You get to download a bunch of compressed files and an installer file, you can back those up any way you please. AFAIK there is no special gamer's gate DRM unlike Direct 2 Drive. You could also try registering the cd key you get on steam and see if you can add it to your steam games list. In for Witcher EDC, Both Deus EX games, Gothic Gold. None of them are steamable. I should have waited to buy DAO. I paid 30 for it.

Last edited:
They don't support retail keys for Dragon Age, unfortunately. So I should be able to use even a retail copy of Awakenings with a GG copy of Origins?

I would assume so, but I guess it depends on what region the game you're buying is. For my Witcher EDC purchase they gave me 2 serials. One for European customers and one for north american. If there is no distinction my *guess* would be that you are good to go.

[L]imey;1036018518 said:
Was thinking about the Witcher EE, but last I heard it uses Tages for DRM and it's a nightmare on windows 7 in my experience.

I've never had a problem playing the Witcher on 7.

It depends on EA's protection in the case of DA. But once you buy one game from one of the digital vendors, you should probably stick with them or you increase your chances of having issues. Steam's version of games is usually the one that always has issues cause IIRC you are required to use Steam's DRM for your game to be on there. I know EA's downloadable Awakenings works with Impulse's release of DA:O. I would guess the same is true for most other digital distributors except maybe steam because of the DRM issue.

BTW gamer's gate got back to me on the Loki patch problem I am having. Apparently they asked for a patch a while ago but never got one. So I am basically stuck with the version I have or the alternative is to patch with the latest then get a disc crack. It seems nuts that that is the only real option for a game I purchased.

How long does it usually take to get your cd key from gamersgate.? My bro got TL about an hr ago and still no key..

How long does it usually take to get your cd key from gamersgate.? My bro got TL about an hr ago and still no key..

I bought my games this morning and got my keys instantly. They dont come in an email (I think) They are automatically added to your account once your payment is processed.
Note that I got a bunch of games, some games don't require the downloader file and internet connection to install, while others do.

Got Dragon Age Origins Digital Deluxe Edition for $20. When my order processed I got 2 serial keys for it instead of one though. I guess the 2nd one is for downloading the extra content?

Yeah when I got DAO offa steam they gave me two keys, no idea why though. They said it was for "multiplayer" I guess it is for DLC.

It's week 2 of the gamer's gate sale. I just got Batman AA GOTY for $15. Nothing else interested me. Funny that they are doing this in august. Doesn't leave much time to play games. :(

Back