Gamer loving my new Asus 26" VK266H

Hello everyone. I currently run a dual 24 inch monitor setup consisting of a Gateway FPD2485W and a Gateway FHD2401. I am considering buying two of these Asus monitors to replace them. The VW266H.
I've never seen the 2485 but the FHD2401 is just awful, as another poster mentioned. I'm sure you probably liked the glossy screen or you wouldn't have bought it but frankly the viewing angles and colors are just terrible on that monitor. Having seen both, the Asus would be an upgrade for sure.

Looks like I just found my next monitor. Debating on if I want the Web Cam or not, currently don't have one and dont really need one, but the version with it is still within my budget.
Been wanting a new monitor and was really wanting something larger than 24" that I could fit into my budget.

I don't need another monitor. I don't need another monitor. I don't need another monitor...

man o man, buy/ or not to buy? Sell my matching 22" acers on here , HUMMMMMMMM

Got mine wednesday. Loving it so far. I switched to it from one 19" widescreen and one 19" crt.

Not being a panel snob (don't know about you guys but I sit directly in front of my monitor) its great. For watching movies, surfing, working on multiple terminal screens at once, and gaming it does the job.

Yeah, I just got mine yesterday no thanks to a UPS mix up, but it got here, no dead pixels, and the back light bleed is almost nonexistent.

Day and Night from my Dell E207WFP.

Does anyone else have their VK266H hooked up to their XBOX 360? If so, have you tried 1:1 and is there a line tear about an inch down from the top of the screen (if hooked up via VGA)??

I am debating on whether or not to get this. I have a old Dell 2005fpw and I mainly use it to play games. I just spent alot of money on a i7 configuration. How long is this price going to last, do you think?

Does anyone else have their VK266H hooked up to their XBOX 360? If so, have you tried 1:1 and is there a line tear about an inch down from the top of the screen (if hooked up via VGA)??

I don't have an 360 but a buddy and neighbor of mine does, after I bring it home I'll see if I can get him to bring his 360 over and see what it does. What cables are you connecting it to the monitor with?

I don't have an 360 but a buddy and neighbor of mine does, after I bring it home I'll see if I can get him to bring his 360 over and see what it does. What cables are you connecting it to the monitor with?

I am connecting the 360 via the official Microsoft VGA cable adapter. The line/tear only appears in 1:1 mode at 1920 x 1200 mode. When switched to full screen, the line doesn't appear. However, I don't want to be in full screen, because it stretches the image out slightly.

I am connecting the 360 via the official Microsoft VGA cable adapter. The line/tear only appears in 1:1 mode at 1920 x 1200 mode. When switched to full screen, the line doesn't appear. However, I don't want to be in full screen, because it stretches the image out slightly.

The highest mode that I saw was 1920x1080.

Anyways I changed it to 1:1 and ran it at the above resolution and it was fine. I used the MS vga cable as well.

And on to mine:

it has 1 stuck pixel :(, going to look at possible "solutions".

Got mine today and absolutely love it ! No dead or stuck pixels, very very little light bleed and it is HUGE !

I am extremely happy with it so far.

I think that this is going back, I am not going to accept a dead pixel :mad:. I'll run UDPixel overnight but it it's there in the morning then this screen is leaving.

I appreciate the feedback on my Gateway swapping questions. I cannot tell you how many times i have hovered over the order button on Newegg only to back out due to their pixel policy.

The thought of me buying 2 of these and one having a stuck or dead pixel really makes me hesitate. I have purchased about 7 LCD's and have had tremendous luck so far. Odds are that would continue but all the previous purchases had a return policy much more lenient than Newegg's.

The price is definitely right i am just having a hard time pulling the trigger. :(

I just pulled the trigger on this deal last night. 299 shipped after 30 MIR and code, it really cant be beat.

I've been doing the same thing kendog although I've had really lousy luck lately. My LG I bought last year has a few stuck pixels but they weren't noticeable, the first Gateway 2401 I bought had a bunch, and the current one I have has one tiny one but it still bugs the heck out of me and along with some of the other reasons mentioned is why I'm looking for a new monitor.

I don't mind spending money on a quality product but it sounded like the NEC 2490 is overkill for someone doing mostly gaming and I'm definitely not spending that much money for the same reason of being afraid of dead/stuck pixels. I really wish I could use the new ACD because I would buy that especially because of being able to return it to an Apple store.

That is nice. The G2400WD is the best overall 24" TN and is also a great choice.

I got my g2400wd for 279+shipping&dead pixel garuntee from ncixus. First one had one stuck pixel, second was flawless. I'm in love with this screen for the price!

That is nice. The G2400WD is the best overall 24" TN and is also a great choice.

I got my g2400wd for 279+shipping&dead pixel garuntee from ncixus. First one had one stuck pixel, second was flawless. I'm in love with this screen for the price!

Sarcasm much? He got a monitor that has 2" more real estate than yours, is just as high quality, and well reviewed.

Same price + 2". Your ex-girlfriend wishes.

qq.

I ran UDPixel for 10 hours with no luck. It's boxed up and going back :(.

any luck with that tear drewdaak?

Where did you purchase it from? If it was Newegg did they agree to exchange it?
I did get it from NewEgg but it's having more issues than just the pixel (however they won't exchange it for 1 pixel anyways) It's also flickering every so often, it's done it about 3 times now. It was on for about 6 hours and I was playing L4D and all the sudden it flickered and made a buzzing sound for about 1-2 secs then went back to normal. It's done it 2 more times since then, once after being on for about 14 hours and another time after being on for about 3 hrs. I am hoping that the next one comes with out this flicker/buzz/stuck pixel issues :(. Kinda sad but I am almost kind of glad that this defect appeared or I would have been stuck with it. From what everyone else is saying it seems like a fluke on my part. Just my luck for my first ever LCD I guess :p.

I hooked my old CRT back up and have not gotten any flicker issues since.

I did get it from NewEgg but it's having more issues than just the pixel (however they won't exchange it for 1 pixel anyways) It's also flickering every so often, it's done it about 3 times now. It was on for about 6 hours and I was playing L4D and all the sudden it flickered and made a buzzing sound for about 1-2 secs then went back to normal. It's done it 2 more times since then, once after being on for about 14 hours and another time after being on for about 3 hrs. I am hoping that the next one comes with out this flicker/buzz/stuck pixel issues :(. Kinda sad but I am almost kind of glad that this defect appeared or I would have been stuck with it. From what everyone else is saying it seems like a fluke on my part. Just my luck for my first ever LCD I guess :p.

I hooked my old CRT back up and have not gotten any flicker issues since.

I was slowly leaning towards buying a monitor at newegg but thankfully you reset that back to, "no, never. don't do it you stupid idiot."

"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, would idiot do that. And if they would, I do not do that thing."

I was slowly leaning towards buying a monitor at newegg but thankfully you reset that back to, "no, never. don't do it you stupid idiot."

"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, would idiot do that. And if they would, I do not do that thing."

Thanks... I guess :confused:.

Mine came in today. Now just have to wait to get home and try that bad boy out.

got mine today...no bad pixels...

can anyone post some settings for this monster? just when i think i have it right, i mess with it and think its better.

post settings!

bump

this thing is awesome...great for gaming and watching movies

the resolution is amazing

hows the viewing angles?

I will be honest about the viewing angle, it's not that great.

If you are sitting directly if front of it, it looks fine, but if I'm standing up it's super bright or looking at it from below it's super dark
Not that I care too much since i dont really use my computer while standing up or laying down

Has anyone been able to run some input lag tests? I'm still on the fence about this because I'm getting it just for console gaming.

i got mine for about a week now and i've got to say its amazing, its sooo much bigger than my previous 22", looks great for L4d, no dead pixels and i don't detect any input lag either, i dont have a crt to run tests against, but objectively is good

Back