Gamer Chicks Fight More, Carry Weapons

HardOCP News

[H] News
I read this report and thought to myself…hell yeah! Chicks that pack weapons kick ass (literally)!

There were no negative health correlates of gaming in boys and lower odds of smoking regularly; however, girls who reported gaming were less likely to report depression and more likely to report getting into serious fights and carrying a weapon to school.

Very nice. Where might an aspiring super-hero find one of these vigilante, caffeinated, well armed beauties to save the earth with?

Girls that play games: good. Girls defending themselves: good. Girls taking weapons to school: bad. US schools take a very dim view of this given events of the past decade (columbine and the copy cats) so kids found with anything even remotely threatening are treated quite harshly--sometimes with permanent injury to their academic record.

My point is packing heat is not a substitute for self worth. Gaming is a good start :) Now lets get those ridiculously skinny Karen Carpenter wannabes off the cover of magazines....

I'm so glad I have this macro'ed to every key on the numpad:

"Correlation does not imply causation."

Girls that play games: good. Girls defending themselves: good. Girls taking weapons to school: bad. US schools take a very dim view of this given events of the past decade (columbine and the copy cats) so kids found with anything even remotely threatening are treated quite harshly--sometimes with permanent injury to their academic record.

My point is packing heat is not a substitute for self worth. Gaming is a good start :) Now lets get those ridiculously skinny Karen Carpenter wannabes off the cover of magazines....

+1 especially on the last part

Back