Gameport not working on ESS sound card

btb103

[H]ard|Gawd
I snatched up a Thrustmaster Formula T2 wheel and pedals from my thrift store last week for $15 and returned home to find my dad's computer (I'm at home on break from college) doesn't have a gameport. So earlier this week I purchased a card from a guy on the forums here, an ESS Allegro PCI Audio card just for the gameport.

I just got it today, plugged it in to find the sound has a horrible static noise (no big deal, I can use onboard sound) but also have run into a problem with the gameport. I've plugged the wheel in and when I go to install it under windows Game Controllers it says the gamport or its drivers are not configured properly - consult the device manager. In the device manager it lists the card but there is no evidence of a gameport listed in the manager itself or within the card's properties.

I did a quick search and found this: http://forums.windrivers.com/vb/archive/index.php/t-10493.html which I'm not sure is the same card but it sounds exactly like my problem.

Can anybody help me out here?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, it is a sound card but really has nothing to do with audio, if it needs to be moved, go ahead.

Back