Gameplay Reveal of DOOM Eternal Slated for QuakeCon 2018

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Details on QuakeCon 2018 have been released: this year’s keynote will feature the highly anticipated gameplay reveal of DOOM Eternal, as well as a deeper look into Fallout 76, courtesy of Todd Howard. Updates to Quake Champions, RAGE 2, and The Elder Scrolls Online are also planned.

This year’s QuakeCon features an expanded schedule, including the return of the Keynote Address and official Bethesda Panels, as well as a BYOC area that promises to be twice as large as 2017. And, for the first time ever, the exhibit hall will be open all day Friday through Sunday, making for a full weekend of QuakeCon fun with your best fragging friends.

^ Yea and not Quake II/III... Quake I SP Cthulhu+tech theme could be interesting if fleshed out a bit more. I know they aren't big on story, but the more epic myth-like "Thor's Hammer" nature of the original idea could also be explored

Doom is cool as well though.

im taking that as bring your own computer.. hmm, not sure i would actually want to haul my rig to any event like that.

Welcome to LAN parties! This is how it was done from the 90's up until the mid 2000's. Standard fare as multiplayer gaming was still very limited by connections / available technology.

Not nearly as many to attend these days, what with the advent of broadband internet and matchmaking services. Still a helluva good time if you can find a local one. Not too massive but enough for some packed local servers.

Now get off my lawn!

This year’s QuakeCon features an expanded schedule, including the return of the Keynote Address and official Bethesda Panels, as well as a BYOC area that promises to be twice as large as 2017. And, for the first time ever, the exhibit hall will be open all day Friday through Sunday, making for a full weekend of QuakeCon fun with your best fragging friends.
Man, I'd hate to know what that place is going to smell like at the end of Sunday.
^ Yea and not Quake II/III... Quake I SP Cthulhu+tech theme could be interesting if fleshed out a bit more. I know they aren't big on story, but the more epic myth-like "Thor's Hammer" nature of the original idea could also be explored

Doom is cool as well though.
Unfortunately Quake is seen as nothing but a multiplayer property at this point. For the record, I really enjoyed Quake IV, but I am aching for a return to the original game's theme and aesthetic for a fresh single player experience.

Welcome to LAN parties!

oh, i get those. were fun. But you generally know the people, or at least a few. showing up to something as big as quakecon.. i would be afraid to leave to use the toilet..LOL

That's why you have to build a decent, durable, portable, somewhat expendable machine to bring, and leave your main one(s) at home. Something powerful enough to get the job done for the games that might be played, but nothing you'd cry over if it broke or got stolen. (personally, I've never been somewhere I had to worry about that, but still a good idea to keep it in mind)

We need more quake, not more doom. Not that doom is bad, doom was awsome. But i would love a real remake of quake at this point.

Quake Champions? Or you want a 1 for 1 remake of Quake 1?

Man, I'd hate to know what that place is going to smell like at the end of Sunday.

Unfortunately Quake is seen as nothing but a multiplayer property at this point. For the record, I really enjoyed Quake IV, but I am aching for a return to the original game's theme and aesthetic for a fresh single player experience.

I am really enjoying Quake Champions and the competitive scene is growing.

I actually really like Quake Champions, for a Q3A style experience. What I'd really like to see though is a Quake V. That would make me happy. I'm very glad to see more Doom though too, (and RAGE). Just keep all three rolling, and in Quake's case, make sure there are single player iterations as well as the Arenas, Lives and Champions. Give us more of Quake 1, more Strogg, or something entirely new even. I'll play a re-imagined Q2 / Q4 even. They re-imagined Doom and it came out great. So re-do the whole Strogg thing, why not? (though as others have said, the Quake 1 universe would be nice too. Slip-gate exploration with enough story to back up the whole concept of why you're visiting vastly different worlds.

Back