GameFly gives free PC games to subscribers?

I'm no longer a GameFly subscriber but I received this in my email today...it seems to be a 'streaming' service maybe? Although it does say download and play...not sure...thought I'd throw it out there and maybe someone can clarify?

LINK

My guess, it downloads (steam like) and then verifies your account details. Once you cancel, the account (or unlock code) codes go away and you lose access.

There was a thread about the beta a few weeks back.

At the time the free games were pretty lacking. Even if the selection improved drastically, I think I'll stick to buying games at $5-$10 a pop and always having access to them.

Yeah I think that's how it works. It's just a rental service and it's steam like where you have to login to use it. The last time I used it there wasn't too much available (most of the games I already did own minus several casual ones I didn't care for), but if you already are a GameFly users it's just a nice freebie to have.

Wow cool idea.. I could see it working like a temporary Steam service, but I agree with most Steam sales I'd rather have the $$ per month and buy 1-2 games on sale per month and keep them permanently, especially with better selection.

Decent idea though..

checkout the PC unlimited play they have some cool stuff on there.

Back