Game trailers that blew your mind...

M76

[H]F Junkie
The Game & System name that never was, still made me excited though.

watch

Blizzard trailers always blew me away. The shame of it was the trailers were usually better than the games by a lot.

Watched this several times on my Win95 PC from a demo disc I got with an Ultra Game Players magazine apparently (would have guessed Game Pro if it didn't say at the beginning of this vid, hah). I must have been like 11 or 12 at the time and was super excited to play a game that looked this good. Of course the actual game didn't look anything like this or nearly as good from what I remembered when it came out.

For me, the Warhammer: Mark of Chaos and Left 4 Dead trailers.

The shit hits the fan pretty quick in the Left 4 Dead trailer...much like the game.

My favorites were:

Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm

(Battle of the Zerg swarm versus marines/vikings/siege tanks, ultralisks charging in, nydus worms popping out, crashing battlecruiser from the sky, explosions - epic)

Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void

(Zealots making their last stand, psionic storms, archon fusion, warp in power)

As an original StarCraft fan, these trailers made my day.

Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury. Game that was never released by Interplay back in 1997.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - E3 2003 trailer

12 minutes of cinematic angles, showing gameplay which is all possible in-game, with in-game assets. I was 16 at the time. It released on PS2, November 2004.

Few times have I ever been so hype for a game. And it persists as one of my most favorite games of all time.

This one blew my mind, and I had to get this game,

and someone remade the BF2 intro with BF4 which I thought was awesome,

BF2 is amazing. I played the demo for almost 3 months. Gulf of Oman is still my favorite map. And despite several BF games later, BF2 still stacks up well. I'd happily play new maps for it. The graphics engine and art style give a clean and lasting feel. And never has driving a jeep with a keyboard, felt so good.

Last edited:
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - E3 2003 trailer

12 minutes of cinematic angles, showing gameplay which is all possible in-game, with in-game assets. I was 16 at the time. It released on PS2, November 2004.

Few times have I ever been so hype for a game. And it persists as one of my most favorite games of all time.

BF2 is amazing. I played the demo for almost 3 months. Gulf of Oman is still my favorite map. And despite several BF games later, BF2 still stacks up well. I'd happily play new maps for it. The graphics engine and art style give a clean and lasting feel. And never has driving a jeep with a keyboard, felt so good.

We got into the game hardcore. had a copy for all 3 gaming machines in the house,
bf2-games1.jpg

I'm proud to say I've not let any trailer/teaser get my panties wet...

except maybe this one:

WoW WOTLK trailer is definitely one of my top picks of all time.

Came here to post this. I played from the last open beta thru WOTLK. I've seen all the recent trailers but nothing ever got me more excited for a WoW game than Wrath's trailer.

The first trailer I can recall blowing my mind was the Dreamcast Shenmue trailer:

I can't recall exactly if this was the same one but I remember watching the trailer, or clips, over and over on the lead up to release. In my eyes it was the best a game could have ever looked.

This one for Ace Combat 4:

Deus Ex Human Revolution's trailer comes to mind for something more recent.

not exactly a trailer (but I did see it on the "demo disc" version, so that's close enough?) I just remember being pleasantly impressed at the time and nothing really felt as big of a jump in CG since then:

The lighting with the expansion pack in Perfect Dark lit up the correct senses in my teenage self.

The commercial lit up the other senses in my teenage self.

The first trailer I can recall blowing my mind was the Dreamcast Shenmue trailer:

I can't recall exactly if this was the same one but I remember watching the trailer, or clips, over and over on the lead up to release. In my eyes it was the best a game could have ever looked.

I was blown away by the graphics on this when I got it on DC. I'd love to play through this again on a current console or something. I guess I could dig my DC out again to play it, but it seems I'm still screwed if i want to play the sequel, as I never had the original Xbox and i sold my 360 in a yard sale a while back. :(

Street Fighter 4. Mainly because I never thought they'd actually make one.

^ where's the street... should be named "Forest Fighter"

I don't think I've ever built up so much hype for a game as I did when I saw this. Some promises fell short, but still a solid game and one of my all time favorites.

For some reason, this BC2 trailer always stuck out to me. I guess it was just the right peek for me, at the sort of map design in that game:

I mean, I was auto hype anyway, because I loved the first game on PS3.

Well, I don't trust any of them, as they pretty much never show actual game play graphics.

Yes, I'm extremely cynical. And I like it that way.

Probably one of the best game trailers I can remember from recent memory, if not my favorite of all time. Great mix between the music and cinematic.

Gears of War 4:

I am STILL mourning the cancellation of this.

This from recently blew me away. More gameplay than trailer, but man did it sell me on this.

How can one NOT be blown away by the two Last of Us: Part II trailers?

And the last one... I have to admit I cried when I first saw this. I was so happy that a Mirror's Edge sequel was being made. Still a fantastic teaser, but the game did not live up to the first unfortunately.

Last edited:
as a Star Wars fan I always thought the teaser for Force Unleashed was really well done-- especially the beginning with the Star Destroyer being brought down...

Back