Game Suggestions for my GF

I concur on Dragon Age Origins. If she has the patience for older games, also try getting her into Baldur's Gate.

If you really want to get her into FPS games, I'd recommend any UT game, and setting it up with 1 of the dumbest bots, and play it with her to get her used to the controls of the standard FPS. That's how I got my wife to finally get over her vertigo. Now if a game has co-op, we play it together.

Left 4 Dead is good as well, either the first or second. The Telltale Walking Dead game is awesome too. I think the important part to find out is if she's more interested in the story part of the game, or the gameplay. That can make a big difference when trying to pick out games for her. Some of the SimCity games might interest her, or other simulation games.

Also, I recommend this to anyone who plays games: Ghost Master. get it off of Good Old Games. Just play it. My wife was addicted to it like crack.

She might like Sanctum or Sanctum 2. They are tower defense fps games. They support up to 4 players so you can also do coop together with her.

It would be a good way to get her used to FPS controls. She can focus on the tower defense aspect while getting used to the movement and aiming of FPS games.

How about Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, for game cube/wii... I played it a year ago and thought it was really fun

Is she a gamer gamer?
or 'I game because I wanna have something common with my boyfriend' gamer?

How about Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, for game cube/wii... I played it a year ago and thought it was really fun

No GameCube or Wii, but I suppose her machine is powerful enough for Dolphin. I didn't consider emulators.

Is she a gamer gamer?
or 'I game because I wanna have something common with my boyfriend' gamer?

She's a casual gamer in the sense that she plays the Sims, Smash Bros., and Halo. Not really a "gamer" gamer, but she has a general interest in trying games so I built her a $200 rig to play :D

Amazed to see this hit 3 pages. Doubt this thread would of got even a third of the same attention if it didn't involve the opposite sex.

Seems desperate on behalf of the posters.

How about, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines?

Not sure she'd want me watching scantily clad women run around the screen; she might get jealous :p

Amazed to see this hit 3 pages. Doubt this thread would of got even a third of the same attention if it didn't involve the opposite sex.

Seems desperate on behalf of the posters.

I'm going to go with they genuinely want to help ;) I mean she is taken.

Im a big fan of the sims, great game.
so the sims 3 would be a obvious choice, the sims 4 has also been announced.

fps wise, a lot of girls play and enjoy l4d2. the controls are very simple.

my sisters in enjoy the gta games, just to drive around.

Im a big fan of the sims, great game.
so the sims 3 would be a obvious choice, the sims 4 has also been announced.

fps wise, a lot of girls play and enjoy l4d2. the controls are very simple.

my sisters in enjoy the gta games, just to drive around.

Sims 3 is her game of choice right now. She was ecstatic about 4 being announced.

I'll look into her trying L4D2 since I own it :)

Sims 3 is her game of choice right now. She was ecstatic about 4 being announced.

I'll look into her trying L4D2 since I own it :)

nice
if shes looking at getting the expansion packs
stay away from world adventures, ambitions, and university.
the first two dont add enough to the game to make it worth paying for, neither does generations but generations adds some cool events especially for teens.
i just heard a lot of bad things about university.
late night is good but its very buggy.
and the new "into the future" expansion looks pretty awesome.

im sure they have those bundle deals where you get like three of the early expansion packs for like $20.

nice
if shes looking at getting the expansion packs
stay away from world adventures, ambitions, and university.
the first two dont add enough to the game to make it worth paying for, neither does generations but generations adds some cool events especially for teens.
i just heard a lot of bad things about university.
late night is good but its very buggy.
and the new "into the future" expansion looks pretty awesome.

im sure they have those bundle deals where you get like three of the early expansion packs for like $20.

I don't know exactly which expansions she owns, but she owns a crap ton of them haha

girls somehow seem to love LOL.
Well, until the finger pointing and politics start.

My first hardcore pc game was half life 2. I learned how to use the wasd keys because that game kicked so much ass. I played it on easy to get the hang of it. Get her started on that.

Of course, that was back in 2004 when half life 2 had just come out and featured the best graphics in the world, so I just stuck to it despite how much I sucked.

Give her some time with your steam library and let her play whatever she wants.

Also, all the blatant sexism in this thread is more than a little nauseating. I'm a dude too, btw.

That ones F2P right? I'll have her try that one.

yeah its F2P, though you need some grinding at the start.

Good: Free, a round takes about 30 min, so no pressure. simple. Bunch of ppl play it so you may find some friends over there.

Bad :half the community is made up of 12 yr old kids, expect what is to follow.

My wife is addicted to Plants vs. Zombies. Tried getting her into some real games but she gets motion sickness :(

Well, luckily Sims 4 will be out next year, so you have ample time to save up for a new computer! We have a few people in the household that wouldn't play anything but Sims. I finally broke down and bought Bioshock Infinite and everyone in the house seems to want to play....which is awesome...except I have to share.

Back