Game Stock Car, PC racing sim....

Frog2

Gawd
GSC is one car and 10 tracks based on Brazilian Stock car racing{but some DLC is one the way}.

Last edited:
iRacing, there is no other competitionn.

Not true my friend, there's Simbin's RACE07/GTR EVO/RACEON series......$40 or so for scores of cars and tracks, perfect steering wheel precision, outstanding FFB, and a firstclass MP.

$40 or so for scores of cars and tracks, perfect steering wheel precision, outstanding FFB, and a firstclass MP.

And 6 year old graphics! Sorry, couldn't help myself :p

GSC looks pretty generic and uninteresting. I might give it a try next time I can be bothered hooking up my wheel.

And 6 year old graphics! Sorry, couldn't help myself :p

GSC looks pretty generic and uninteresting. I might give it a try next time I can be bothered hooking up my wheel.

Why aren't you donating your wheel to charity and pimping your xbox controller{pimp my gamepad}.
Btw, I played GSC today and GFX are virtually the same as GTR EVO.

Tried the demo last night & enjoyed the single player AI precision...
I added the open wheeler DLC and tracks and they work in the demo. ;)

I also read some opinions here - http://www.racedepartment.com/game-stock-car

I decided to buy the full game and plan to join some RD races (serious mofo's over there) and to take a "tour of Brazils circuits" :rolleyes:

I also wanted to support the dev because I think that company will create some killer mods for rFactor2 when it comes available...

Ching... $.02

:D

The value are in the physics. The cars are competitive with eachother so multiplayer is where it´s at I suppose. I agree I don´t think those cars is the most fun to just hotlap though. . DLC cars though have me drooling a bit.

30 minute demo was a bit short. I just managed to get my wheel control setups properly but the physics felt great to me. Visuals improved rFactor it get the job done. If you want a game for graphics play some of codemasters arcade titles with their short life span.

Richard Burns Rally don´t feel outdated at all quite the opposite compared to DIRT 2 or DIRT 3 if you look underneith the hood ;)

I could consider buy but my 30 minutes are expired and there is no way to demo the DLC which is what I could potentially be interested buying for. But yes just one or two cars even though supremely well done I would like to at least be able to import rFactor tracks for it. Not sure if it´s possible since I won´t do much multiplayer.

Outside of simracers I believe more would be happy with something like GT Legends or GTR Evolution which offer more variation but perhaps not quite the same quality. This is always the balance. Forza and GT could be much better simulations if they wouldn´t try to compete releasing 5 million different cars...

Outside of simracers I believe more would be happy with something like GT Legends or GTR Evolution which offer more variation but perhaps not quite the same quality. ..

Not same quality by what criteria?
GFX are barely any better, GTR Evo has a MP as good as iracings from a technical POV, FFB and steering wheel precision are one the benchmarks for PC sims, it also has one of the best permanently recorded full length replay systems of any racing game.

U can buy RACE07+GTR evo for $19.99 on steam, and get scores of cars and tracks, including 20 and 24km Nurburgring.

Last edited:
Visuals improved rFactor it get the job done. If you want a game for graphics play some of codemasters arcade titles with their short life span.

I wish we didn't have to choose. There was a time where racing sims had graphics on par with any other game. That time was about 5-7 years ago, unfortunately they are still rocking the same graphics now when the rest of the industry has moved on. GTR2 looked great for its time, it was the first game I installed to test the visuals when I got my 320mb 8800GTS and e6600, but now every racing game looks the same or barely better (and in some ways worse) than GTR2 did some 5 years ago. I just find very little immersion when racing a cold, sterile, shadowless and lightingless track regardless of how good the physics might be, especially when the likes of Forza, GT, SHIFT, GRID, DIRT and F1 have been doing it for years. I'm not asking for a lot, just some dynamic shadows and lighting and I'd be happy.

Here's hoping CARS and GTR3 raise the bar on PC sim graphics to their once former glory.

Casual gamers won't buy sims in large enough numbers to justify the cost of a GFX overhaul.

Casual gamers won't buy sims in large enough numbers to justify the cost of a GFX overhaul.

That didn't stop them developing graphics in the past. Back in the original Xbox and PS2 days, the graphics in PC racing sims looked as good or better than the arcade racing games. Look at reviews for GTR2, back when it came out it was a system raping game.

http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/740/740142p3.html
"Graphics
The graphics are eye-poppingly beautiful and detailed. Your computer will be the limiting factor here, not the game."

Even GTR1 looked good for its day, as did Live for Speed. rFactor looked good when it came out too.

The problem is, they haven't advanced. The current simbin titles look the same as old simbin titles going back to 2006 but with better textures and WORSE lighting models. Its one of the main things I dislike about Simbin at the moment, they keep making add ons and building on the RACE07 engine when they should have made a new engine a long time ago. Even RACE PRO which I believe runs on the Lizard engine on the 360 has vastly superior lighting to the RACE07 engine, I dont know why they aren't using that as a baseline for new games instead of the archaic RACE07 engine that was limited even when it first came out. Every time they release a new game I get excited thinking its actually something new and then am disappointed by the fact its just another add on to RACE07. I get the sense they are trying to milk their series more than anything else, hopefully they prove me wrong with GTR3 or whatever they're currently working on.

Hopefully some of the upcoming sim racers improve things.

Last edited:
Look at Dirt3....modern GFX+huge outlay on presentation and advertising, probably sold 2mill units, then we go to iracing and notice 30k members.

Look at Dirt3....modern GFX+huge outlay on presentation and advertising, probably sold 2mill units, then we go to iracing and notice 30k members.

Apples and oranges. One is a game you buy outright and the other is a subscription service. Estimates on DIRT3 aren't anywhere near that value either, sales estimates for the consoles combined are only about 800k, I doubt the PC version is anywhere near that. I own DIRT2 because it came as part of a pack I bought on Steam, if you average the price out it cost me only a couple of bucks. Even as a fan of sim racing games I only ever had iracing for a short period because I wasn't willing to pay a subscription for it.

So yeah, your numbers are exaggerated and its an apples and oranges comparison.

But either way, it doesn't invalidate my opinion on the sterile and boring graphics and presentation of racing sims. Like I said, GTR2 was rated very highly graphically when it came out and even now if you play it, it really doesn't look that bad, there's just been no progression which is disappointing. I dont ask for a lot... some basic lighting and shadows is all I want so that driving through a forest track actually feels like driving through a forest track.

I suspect that Simbin either doesn't have the money or fears it won't be the best way to make money, that said, GTR3 might prove me wrong, but there's so little info on that game it could be on the back burner.

Shift2 could've been a game to die for, but there's so many things wrong with it it's not funny....it's disturbing as it has an awesome car and track list+epic GFX.

Yeah, I still haven't played SHIFT2, I was disappointed enough by SHIFT1 to not want to pay top dollar for another iteration of the same thing. SHIFT1 was ok, but the physics on the faster cars was just stupid and everything felt floaty and disconnected. Honestly, CARS is looking pretty promising though. I want to try it, but hate the idea of paying to play what, at this stage, is basically just a demo. There's some awesome videos for it on youtube, its unfortunate they called it "CARS", makes it a hard game to google (just like when simbin decided to call a game "RACE", who the hell thinks up these things? :p).

Awesome looking live suspension video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7DKUMSAtEE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=rQ0PZNLlzlE

See how the air ducts and things in the cockpit vibrate around, I think it looks pretty awesome...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAqgcy-vvCY&feature=related

I dunno about how the vehicle physics are, but looking at the videos it doesn't look like the cars handle anything like SHIFT. It'd be awesome if those dynamic suspension videos were actually contributing to the car physics, but I doubt it :p

I won't be paying for a simcade demo that get's dumbed down to an arcade model as the build progresses.

I want SHIFT 2 with GTR controls and physics, why can't someone produce that? The SHIFT games had the best sound/graphics/camera "make-you-feel-like-you're-racing" of any racing game I've ever played, but I couldn't get any of the faster cars to drive in a straight freaking line. Really a shame.

See how the air ducts and things in the cockpit vibrate around, I think it looks pretty awesome...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAqgcy-vvCY&feature=related

I dunno about how the vehicle physics are, but looking at the videos it doesn't look like the cars handle anything like SHIFT. It'd be awesome if those dynamic suspension videos were actually contributing to the car physics, but I doubt it :p

those videos are insane! game looks to be great

I want SHIFT 2 with GTR controls and physics, why can't someone produce that? .

Either because multiplatforming is interfering or because the dev made a decision to keep the cars lively at all times, either way, Shift2 is one of the worst games ever made for all sorts of reasons.

Back on topic - I ran several tracks over the weekend and had a lot of fun!

The racing is very close & I can only finish mid-pack with 33 cars in single player...

Tracks offer a lot of variety & the small tight ones are very intense with a packed field.

Very, very close racing offline - and for me - that just rocks!

RE: Frog2 - I absolutely loved GTR2 & I understand your love for the Race Series & GTR EVO

I go back to NFS 1 in PC arcade racing & GTR, GTR2, GTR Legends in sims...

My favorite option was "one design" racing & I even organized them here on [H] for Race ON
- http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1485354

We rocked a lot of races with the STCC Camaro, Mustang Mod, Cadillacs, MX-5, etc.

Yeah... man... those were good times... :D

I just want to have some more good times with GSC & I already am!

:eek:

I want SHIFT 2 with GTR controls and physics, why can't someone produce that? The SHIFT games had the best sound/graphics/camera "make-you-feel-like-you're-racing" of any racing game I've ever played, but I couldn't get any of the faster cars to drive in a straight freaking line. Really a shame.

QFT

:)

I just want to have some more good times with GSC & I already am!

:eek:

I think they're releasing a F1 clone, anyway, I just went from F1 2011 to GTR Evo 2007 F1 mod, and bloody hell, what a difference.....better sounds, incredible vibrations and car bouncing, and you can feel the weight of the car thru both the wheel and the pedals.
Not easy to drive though,lol.

I like F1 2011 for SP, and I'm about to add a WD black HDD, so if that fixes my replay and savegame crashes I'll be happy.

Hmmm, I think there now up to 20 tracks and 4 cars, including the F1 clone and the Senna Mac clone from 88.

Only buy this if you have a wheel and like sim racing.

I agree & I love this game! :D

This is a commercial MOD for rFactor 1 & beats the crap out of the RF2 "beta" right now.

However, I spent some time jacking with my ATI CCC options and the Logitech Profiler and RF2 is running much better than it was at first, second and third updates & I have high hopes for RF2's future MODs...

Until then - the GSC 2012 Camaro's are a TON of fun!

RF2 is running much better than it was at first, !

I bought rf2 for MP, but it's dead and the SP experience doesn't appeal to me....
ISI are dragging their feet IMO, anyway, Assetto Corso will be out this yr, so rf2 can sit there and mutate into a decent game.

Bah, you don't know how much it's killing me there aren't more yank tanks in this game, and I think they're making a truck racing game next, but IMO, they should build a game around Corvettes and Camaro's, as I kid you not, the Camaro in this game is the finest tin top I've driven.

G27+GSC Camaro= sim racing maxed.

Mini is a real champ, I think sim racers will really like this car as it drives beautifully but has a few tricks up it's sleeve.
And now it's $20, hahaahahaha, madness!!

Back