Game Ready Driver 431.36 out

Yeah, I'm getting weird boost behavior with a 1080ti.

Seems pegged at 2100mhz

Oh well, maybe the auto OC thing knows something about my aio cooled GPU I don't.

Doesn't seem to be out of bounds where it set itself.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm getting weird boost behavior with a 1080ti.

Seems pegged at 2100mhz

Oh well, maybe the auto OC thing knows something about my aio cooled GPU I don't.

Doesn't seem to be out of bounds where it set itself.
Define "weird." Reviews show the FTW3 Hybrid will boost up to 2000 MHz out of the box.

IMG_20190717_123410.jpg
Define "weird." Reviews show the FTW3 Hybrid will boost up to 2000 MHz out of the box.

It wants to go much farther.
It doesn't seem to want to idle at super low clocks anymore when I'm not doing anything taxing for the usual long period of time.
I'm starting to think it has something to do with AMDs core boost behavior + Win10 1903. Didn't do this with 1809. If nothing else it seemed sluggish.

2100mhz is safe on this card, I can go farther but it gets sketchy depending on the game so I have to set profiles depending on how an update wants to work or to a specific game based on behavior.

Definitely want to unplug one of my monitors.
Doesn't seem to like that as much anymore.

I had to dial it back to keep it from artifacting at the desktop with nothing loaded in after first couple boots. Something was kicking it to full boost for a sec. This is a clean install, so go figure. Seems fine as long as I manually set fan to 25%+.

I backed it down to 1936mhz just to see if there were voltage issues tied to boost, sits at 47c gaming so it's unchanged.

Have a buddy with a regular FTW3 and he was telling me it was spiking into the red fast then throttling.

Last edited:
View attachment 174746

It wants to go much farther.
It doesn't seem to want to idle at super low clocks anymore when I'm not doing anything taxing for the usual long period of time.
I'm starting to think it has something to do with AMDs core boost behavior + Win10 1903. Didn't do this with 1809. If nothing else it seemed sluggish.

2100mhz is safe on this card, I can go farther but it gets sketchy depending on the game so I have to set profiles depending on how an update wants to work or to a specific game based on behavior.

Definitely want to unplug one of my monitors.
Doesn't seem to like that as much anymore.

I had to dial it back to keep it from artifacting at the desktop with nothing loaded in after first couple boots. Something was kicking it to full boost for a sec. This is a clean install, so go figure. Seems fine as long as I manually set fan to 25%+.

I backed it down to 1936mhz just to see if there were voltage issues tied to boost, sits at 47c gaming so it's unchanged.

Have a buddy with a regular FTW3 and he was telling me it was spiking into the red fast then throttling.
I had read about there being some sort of issue like this with 19H1. I'm still on 1809 and don't have an issue with this driver on system in signature.

I was curious about how 1903 would work on the 2600. I can't specifically quantify gains.

I *think* you'll get better GPU performance bc it's going to be in a warm or hot steady state. CPU may seem to be working better for those who didn't manually set an all core clock.

CPU seems to want to work all core all the time at stock boost for the majority now. 4.2ghz nothing changed with 1903.

Took off my 4.2ghz and 3.9ghz manual all core I was using in 1809.

Whatever triggers Nvidia boost behavior shouldn't be an issue for most 1080ti users.

I had to dial my GPU back bc it'll fire itself up more aggressively bc it has more thermal headroom to crash into walls.

No biggie, just a learning experience on my play build. BO4 definitely doesn't like this behavior. So it can be a point of frustration or learning depending on how you see it.

Back