‘Game of Thrones’ Most Pirated Show of 2016

HardOCP News

[H] News
Game of Thrones once again has the dubious distinction of being the most pirated show of the year for the fifth straight year. Walking Dead took the number two spot with Westworld coming in third. I wonder if HBO still considers piracy a "compliment?"

For the fifth year in a row Game of Thrones has taken the crown for the most pirated TV-show on the Internet. The Walking Dead remains in second place, with newcomer Westworld right behind. For several years in a row Game of Thrones has been the most pirated TV-show, and this year the interest is once again overwhelming.

Piracy isn't my thing somuch now. Much easier to pass around hbo go logins lol.

Seriously though, up until recently the only way you could watch it was with a full cable package as well as HBO, then they let apple devices pay for it on its own. Now I think it is available for all.

Personally I feel that once they made it so hard to get, people got into the habit of just downloading it and didnt bother changing.

Reactions: Uncle
like this
Well, I have a full blown HBO (nordic) account, but all the players I have access to is horribly bad for one reason or another. So I simply download what I want to see on HBO even though I could stream it. I feel it is my right as a paying customer when they are so horribly restricted in their supported hardware.
Netflix on the other hand. I can see 4K through three different devices and full HD with surround sound on too many ways to even try to list. HBO? No 4K by default. No surround on PC playback. Awful picture quality through Xbox. And that is the choices I have to stream HBO (outside handheld stuff). So I will Download. At least I am honest enough to remove the stuff after watching it because year after year I am hoping they will correct these limitations.
I know loads of people in the identical situation I have. And that would count as "piracy" in their books. So in part it is at least misleading.

Then again. The "borrowing" of logins are probably completely compensating for any cases like mine though... So... I don't exactly know. These statistics is simply never taking all considerations.
Also, when it comes to Game of thrones I buy the Blu-Ray box as soon as the prices fall to a decent level. They make more money out of me than regular streaming customers... :)

Well, I have a full blown HBO (nordic) account, but all the players I have access to is horribly bad for one reason or another. So I simply download what I want to see on HBO even though I could stream it. I feel it is my right as a paying customer when they are so horribly restricted in their supported hardware.
Netflix on the other hand. I can see 4K through three different devices and full HD with surround sound on too many ways to even try to list. HBO? No 4K by default. No surround on PC playback. Awful picture quality through Xbox. And that is the choices I have to stream HBO (outside handheld stuff). So I will Download. At least I am honest enough to remove the stuff after watching it because year after year I am hoping they will correct these limitations.
I know loads of people in the identical situation I have. And that would count as "piracy" in their books. So in part it is at least misleading.

Then again. The "borrowing" of logins are probably completely compensating for any cases like mine though... So... I don't exactly know. These statistics is simply never taking all considerations.
Also, when it comes to Game of thrones I buy the Blu-Ray box as soon as the prices fall to a decent level. They make more money out of me than regular streaming customers... :)

I'm in the same boat. I get HBO for $5/month with my Comcast sub but I can't stand the streaming options available. So much easier to just download it and playback with Kodi.

Surprised considering Westworld was, dare I say, BETTER?!??

It's funny.

The most popular most pirated show is a shoe I have absolutely no interest in what so ever :p

Nope, no hunger game of thrones for me :p

Not surprising. And no need for pirating here since I borrow full seasons at a time for a 45 day stretch from my local library.

Huh?? So the following was bogus.. cuz it happen in 2016.. please explain!!

Amazon's Grand Tour Most Pirated TV Show In History

raw

Back