Game of the Year?

I really hope you and all the other praisers of this game haven't led me wrong. I'm not big into RPGs and never played BG, NWN, etc but bought this game after what I've read.

If you've never been into RPG's then why would you buy one? I have a strong feeling you'll hate it. Which system did you buy for?

If you've never been into RPG's then why would you buy one? I have a strong feeling you'll hate it. Which system did you buy for?

PC - I've played a couple of MMOs and did play through oblivion so I have some experience. If the game has a great story than I can get past gameplay that may or may not interest me the most. I may play through on easy so I don't have to micro my party's movement as much. Luckily I did read the PC forum's thread so I know somewhat of what I'm getting into.

Oh yeah, and played shining force series and FF7 and a couple others on SNES and genesis.

ps3: uncharted 2
i really enjoyed the first one, and this one just takes it up a notch. thoroughly enjoyed it.

pc: l4d2
its like crack. i can't stop... i need help.

Demon's Souls for me, I love this game... haven't been this drawn into a game in years, currently on my third playthrough and man it gets a lot easier despite being 8% more difficult on each NG+

No game deserves GOTY 2009. Some games were OK and a few were good, but 2009 was perfectly void of great games. A "Rehash of The Year" or "Bad Port of The Year" award would be more appropriate.

*only talking PC games here. Zero interest in console gaming.

Last edited:
2009 sucked shafts for games. I'm glad that we've got Call of Pripyat, BC2 and ME2 arriving soon, getting sick of whittling away the hours on TF2 and Oblivion re-runs.

I don't know if it was an '09 release on PC, but if I was going to nominate anything it'd be Saints Row 2. Top fun.

Jellylesg; Lol, unfortunately Saints Row 2 wasn't released in 2009. If only they'd re-release a new edition each year, that way we'd have at least one guaranteed great game released every year :D

Back