Game Card and WoW?

Bennyb

2[H]4U
It is 2 days before the release and the only vendor i see selling these cards is walmart...

I know that the game comes with a free 1 month subscription but i wanted to know if i would be able to play for 1 month, without buying an aditional gamecard or putting a CC # down?

Does the game come with a card with 30 days on it?

I thought you could buy the game card in like 30 day, 60 day, and like 6 month ammounts? could be wrong.

My friend contacted Blizzard about that same question, and yes, you do need a credit card or game card to use the free month. From the screenshots of those early Collectors Editions that got out, it doesn't look like there is a game card for that first free month- probably just gets added on account creation.

As of now, it appears the game cards are only offered in a two month package. Not sure how or if the three or six month package discounts apply with the use of game cards.

Koslov said:
how come some people already have the game??

No idea, guess it was just the usual Walmart slipup. Apparently, Amazon also shipped some early. How I wish I could admire the Collectors Edition contents before the servers go up :D.

LOL, that's hilarious that some people already have the game....I live in Nebraska and went to my local WalMart two days ago and about made my wife have a heart attack when I let out a scream noticing the 12 World of Warcraft games sitting on their counter. Some pimply faced kid behind the counter asked me if I wanted to purchase one.....it was everything I had to say "No, you are waiting for the collector edition..." But man o man....sooooo tempting!! :eek:

Does anyone else know of a place besides walmart that sells these cards?

Bennyb said:
Does anyone else know of a place besides walmart that sells these cards?

Doesn't Babbages? I think I've seen the EQ/CoH/etc. ones there, dunno 'bout WoW but I'd imagine so.

Well, i googled it, and some price grabber site came up which said walmart was the only vendor of the cards...

Back