Game Abreviations in posts RGMS ^_^

Skirrow

[H]ard|Gawd
I don't want this to come across as a rant but I would really appreciate people at least using a full game/expansion pack name etc at some point in their post. I find it frustrating reading a post and not knowing what game they are talking about.

When I see a post that says something like. "Having problems with my RHT in MCP ROTM. My RHT can't MP with MOR's unless i have HTU but that was in the MCP:MKSMU expansion and now my RHT has HIVSTD and walks funny. Can someone help?", I get frustrated because its like i'm being purposely kept out of the loop because i play a different game.

Its not so much of a problem in thread titles since there is limited space. But please put the full title in the main post once so those of us who roll with a different crowd can understand whats going on.Who knows. We might wanna try the game too.

TLDR

lol jk, I'd have to sorta agree, sometimes I have no idea what games people are talking about.

It sounds like WOW (world of warcraft) crap. But, Realm of the Magi Is ROTM and MCP is Moveset Compilation Project (I think). I don't know what that is but its some fantasy game. Don't know RHT, some ingame thing. MP (multiplayer).
I think if you play the game it would be obvious, it's one of their in things. Just assume it's a pervert game where you bother animals. So you don't want to know...

It sounds like WOW (world of warcraft) crap. But, Realm of the Magi Is ROTM and MCP is Moveset Compilation Project (I think). I don't know what that is but its some fantasy game. Don't know RHT, some ingame thing. MP (multiplayer).
I think if you play the game it would be obvious, it's one of their in things. Just assume it's a pervert game where you bother animals. So you don't want to know...

Actually i just kinda randomly mashed the keyboard for those abreviation examples. lol. :D

Actually i just kinda randomly mashed the keyboard for those abreviation examples. lol. :D

Well FMWR. Anyway people like to have it so people don't understand them, because that makes them seem hardcore(HC)! At least no one talks in 733t anymawr.

Also, your abbreviations should not be that for another game.

As an example: MW2. This is, and always will be, MechWarrior 2. The abbreviation for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is COD:MW2.

Also FPS. Frames per second is fps. Lower case. Because first person shooter is more important it is FPS. When I saw "Mafia II FPS" I was all hey now a great mod. It was just some graphics card something not doing it's job.

Game titles aren't usually that difficult to deduce their meanings after you read into the thread a bit. The game-specific abbreviations however, are a whole different beast and you won't know what they mean even if you knew the words associated with them.

I can see how game specific abreviations can be annoying for anyone new to the game but on the flip side, those who know the game most likely understand the majority of common abreviations used.

I can see how game specific abreviations can be annoying for anyone new to the game but on the flip side, those who know the game most likely understand the majority of common abreviations used.

Yeah, I went and mf'ed like a mofo to find the last rune to finish my ebotdz for my chargedin and now he pwns even hacked babas and sorcs with orb staves.

But then my hdin uses nig, hoto, hoz, coa, soj, bk, and trav. Awesome combo, brah.

:D

I haven't played D2 in 5-6 years and I still have remember some of the things you're talking about lol.

Lol, I did that on purpose. Sometimes for games as heavily involved like D2 or WoW or something, the abbreviation is game specific.

For real, my zealer was awesome. 40k+ ar, 10k+ dmg, 40k+ def. But then I stopped playing and just gave away the character.

IIRC, I also got one of the highest life character in the game. :D

I still remember my mf fw sorc with tals, travs, perf shak, ptopaz'ed doing pindle/meph runs :eek:!
I also had a friend with a vengeance/convic aura pally. Meph would die in 2 seconds.

When i first started reading the bad company 2 thread after purchasing the game I was totally lost with all the abbreviations everyone was using.

I am kinda new to gaming, still playing just COD4:MW1, lol. So yeah, I get totally lost on here as to which games people are talking about unless it's written in the title.

This bugs me as well. GOW could mean either Gears of War or God of War, yet the person will only put 'GOW' in the thread title.

This bugs me as well. GOW could mean either Gears of War or God of War, yet the person will only put 'GOW' in the thread title.

You can tell with that one, if someone says and seem like an angry person, you know it's God of War. If you shout at them and they hide behind something then it's Gears of War.

I'm with you. I understand (most of) the lingo now, but when I started playing SC2 at launch and reading the thread here, I was confuzzled about things like "fe, rax, MMM", etc.

lol mmos are the worst for abbreviations. takes years in some cases to get everything down.

wtb gebs.

jargon owns the world, Get a job in any field and you will be filled with acronyms. The same goes for any hobby and just about any activity in the world. People cant help themselves.

Back