Gamdias ACHILLES P1 L Gaming Chair Review @ [H]

Discussion in 'Gaming & Office Furniture' started by Kyle_Bennett, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Kyle_Bennett

Kyle_Bennett El Chingón Staff Member

Gamdias ACHILLES P1 L Gaming Chair Review

When it comes to the trend of gaming chairs, the Gamdias ACHILLES P1 has some features that you will not find on many gaming chairs. It will satisfy your appetite for having Frag Harder Disco Lights, if that happend to be your thing. It is also separates itself from the heard by giving your a pull out leg rest for when you want to relax and take a nap.

If you like our content, please support HardOCP on Patreon.

2. Zarathustra[H]

Zarathustra[H] Pick your own.....you deserve it.

I was wondering if it would have an Achilles Heel :p

AceGoober likes this.
  3. Kyle_Bennett

Yeah, had to hold back several times from using that in the conclusion.

AceGoober and Zarathustra[H] like this.
  4. EarlKeim

EarlKeim Gawd

The chair looks great and thanks for pointing out the issue with the casters. So if I bought this chair is it possible that I could simply swap out a replacement set of casters bought at retail? I think you probably don't go around to a bunch of stores asking if they have casters for sale so please bear with me on this question... :)

5. Kyle_Bennett

Yes. Casters are easily replaced.

6. ricson

ricson [H]Lite

I have always hated the included Casters, Then while surfing Amazon, I found these roller blade wheels....They are life changing...I mean no kidding, the chair moves so much smoother and it does not mark a hardwood floor, so you can get rid of the stupid floor mat...Love these. However 30 bucks or so may seem expensive to some, I fell they are worth it...Maybe give them a try Kyle. they work great on hard floors, but According to some reviews, they are not recommended for carpet.
    https://www.amazon.com/Office-Chair...=8-9&keywords=office+chair+rollerblade+wheels

wheels.jpg

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    AceGoober, RogueTadhg and WheresWaldo like this.
  7. Kyle_Bennett

Many new chairs come with these already included. Corsair's do... That chair glides and is nice and quiet.

AceGoober likes this.
  8. ricson

ricson [H]Lite

Well, I always wondered why they weren't included, glad to see some company's get it right...Thanks for the info.

9. Kyle_Bennett

Expensive.

RogueTadhg likes this.
  10. RogueTadhg

RogueTadhg [H]ard|Gawd

That would be pretty great if it had compatibility with Razer's Chroma or Corsair's iCUE.

It does look like it has a lot of features I'd like to get from a chair.

11. skates15

skates15 [H]Lite

Another 'gaming' chair which looks like the thousand found on Amazon and for a measly $400, what a steal.

12. ph0ng

ph0ng n00bie

I'm curious about these gaming chairs and if they have real value compared to something like an Aeron from Herman Miller, which can be found on discounts at the 400-500 dollar price point.

Can you find it in your heart to do a review of an Aeron, before I pull the trigger on my dieing chair?

It's not a 'gaming chair', but what makes a chair a 'gaming' chair? The fact that it looks like it belongs in a race car? Function over Form I say. The Aeron is supposedly the most highly durable office chair in existence. It retails 800, but can oft be found discounted to 400-500, which puts it in the class of these 'gaming' chairs.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018