GALLERY! Show off your HTPC!

HTPC: Jetway Mini-Top CPU: Intel Atom D525 1.8Ghz RAM: 2x2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800 GPU: Nvidia ION2 BOOT: OCZ 60GB Solid SSD OS: Openelec.tv XBMC Dharma REMOTE: Logitech Harmony 550

@ tuaarita

I use a Harmony 880 to control the computer via ir receiver. Then when I want to get on youtube or browse the internet I have a logitech mediaboard keyboard/touchpad combo stashed under my coffee table.

@steve_huck513

I use ember media manager to download all my metadata. It works the best out of all the ones I've tried for my needs at least. Most media managers are small in size and usually free so try out a bunch and see which one works best for you.

It is called 'The Nest'

CPU: Phenom 2 555 x2 unlocked to quad core, 3.6GHz (water cooled)

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1600 Kingston HyperX

Video: gtx460 1gb (water cooled)

Motherboard: MS 890GXM-G65

SSD: Sandforce 1222 64GB

Harddrives: 1.5TB Seagate 7200.11
2TB Western Digital Green

Power Supply: PC Power and Cooling 510 SLI, modded to have a 120mm fan instead of an 80mm

Case: old silverstone HTPC case

sony blu ray reader

Windows 7 Ult 64 bit

DSCF2524.jpg

DSCF2522.jpg

how do you guys get it to display the pictures and information correctly? looks really good

What you are seeing is a plugin for Windows Media Center 7 called myMovies.

http://www.mymovies.dk/

As someone mentioned it pulls meta data from from IMDB and allows you to add your own custom backdrops. I use it myself at home and its a absolutely fantastic program.

What kind of remotes are you all using or just wireless mouse?
Like bencorn, I'm also using a Harmony universal remote control and wireless Logitech mouse and keyboard (IR, not BT). I'm a Logitech whore. :cool:

Love some of the setups in here.

My droid takes crummy picks, but here's my HTPC.

IMG_20101126_131634s.jpg

Normally, my DNS-323 would be on the bottom shelf, but it's 1.5TB drive crashed and I'm awaiting an RMA.

how do you guys get it to display the pictures and information correctly? looks really good

I use MyMovies for 7MC.

Best of all, basic use is free, and you can either unlock more features with points you earn, or buy.

It is called 'The Nest'

CPU: Phenom 2 555 x2 unlocked to quad core, 3.6GHz (water cooled)

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1600 Kingston HyperX

Video: gtx460 1gb (water cooled)

Motherboard: MS 890GXM-G65

SSD: Sandforce 1222 64GB

Harddrives: 1.5TB Seagate 7200.11
2TB Western Digital Green

Power Supply: PC Power and Cooling 510 SLI, modded to have a 120mm fan instead of an 80mm

Case: old silverstone HTPC case

sony blu ray reader

Windows 7 Ult 64 bit

Overkill much? I hope you're using this for gaming on a plasma or something. Also, how are you controlling the cooling? I have a 890gxm-g65 myself and the SYSFAN is only 3-pin. I can only control the fan speed through bios (undervolting) and adding resistors to the fans themselves.

The Hardware (see sig for details)

The Setup:
Front

Rears

The Frontend:

This stuff is all in my rather small bedroom. I'm living with my parents (recent grad) and I bought most of it with an eye on moving out into a larger space. The TV is only 32" so that would be upgraded in a larger room, but everything else should serve me well. I'm currently using 7MC with media browser and MC studio customized menus and a custom theme.

IMG_0667.jpg

My eBay clone case in it's natural habitat.

IMG_0664.jpg

785g chipset mATX board. The brick of a hard drive has been replaced by a cheapo OCZ Onyx SSD.

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

I run XBMC (Dharma) with the Transparency! skin. All media is stored on a glorified file server.

I'll have to take pictures of it, but for a remote I use a Pandigital Novel eReader that's been flashed to a stock Android 2.0. XBMC Remote for Android allows a full 7' touchscreen remote with fanart on the remote.

ok here you go everyone, enjoy!

21e813d1.jpg

63927e57.jpg

1525eed1.jpg

333eecca.jpg

b05a7e11.jpg

7a6b0c36.jpg

03184283.jpg

71e977c3.jpg

73ac3ee3.jpg

f07f7823.jpg

cc827d27.jpg

36e95255.jpg

06d53fb7.jpg

a little modding... i removed the 4 way usb header & the headphone/mic jack to fit the mobo

48a66377.jpg

624ffe53.jpg

tiny 24 pin psu

e0630e74.jpg

eab8ff75.jpg

be636564.jpg

that's like 1/16th of an inch space between the psu & mobo (a tight fit!)

eefa813b.jpg

89a5e512.jpg

58d4f032.jpg

8d376e6b.jpg

74ee053e.jpg

the rear bracket has enough room for 2 hdd

11d92099.jpg

329ebfb8.jpg

I love my HTPC. It's just a great machine. Cool and quiet. I do a lot of couch gaming, the wife and I play a lot of NES emulator, and WMC7 is wicked! Bose surround, wired through the walls (5.1). Enough babble, here are some pics: :D

IMG_0563.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Last edited:
^ Nice HTPC, but I'll bite my tongue about your Bose surround sound system. :p

Haha, yeah Bose has it's ups and downs. But it sounds great; very clear. It's leaps and bounds better than the Harman Kardon 2.1 I was using prior. But even that sounded pretty good. If we're just listening to music and don't require surround sound balanced around the couch I pipe it over to the Frontgate stack across the room. Untouchable (but not great for movies/gaming).

Haha, yeah Bose has it's ups and downs. But it sounds great; very clear. It's leaps and bounds better than the Harman Kardon 2.1 I was using prior. But even that sounded pretty good. If we're just listening to music and don't require surround sound balanced around the couch I pipe it over to the Frontgate stack across the room. Untouchable (but not great for movies/gaming).
That's great if you're happy w/ your Bose. :cool:

I knew it wasn't the right solution for me, so I used another 5.1 speaker setup. :)

That's great if you're happy w/ your Bose. :cool:

I knew it wasn't the right solution for me, so I used another 5.1 speaker setup. :)

What receiver do you use?

I had a hard time justifying buying a new (or new to me) setup when I had that Bose sitting around collecting dust. And those little tiny white Bose cube speakers are nice and discrete in our living room.

What receiver do you use?

I had a hard time justifying buying a new (or new to me) setup when I had that Bose sitting around collecting dust. And those little tiny white Bose cube speakers are nice and discrete in our living room.
Did you see if you could sell your Bose system?

I have an Onkyo '605 receiver and 5 speakers from AV123 and an Outlaw Audio 12" sub. I built my HTS back in 2007 and it's still kicking. I guess the only thing I'm missing is a BR player and I've been debating on getting a BR ROM for my HTPC vs. a stand-alone $500 BR player from Oppo, which is probably one of the best, if not the best BR player, for under a grand, but $500 is still pricey. :(

Interesting range of setups here. Anywhere from the ghetto no furniture/no interior decorating skills, to the lavished full-fledged home theaters straight out of Dwell magazine! Some pretty half-hearted setups, but most have been [H]. :D

I'm still working on the HTPC part of my setup, Most of the parts are here just waiting on a case to put it in. I got it setup this far.
IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

damn call of duty on that you wouldent only see the rounds pass you but hear them maybe feel them also

yeah, house shaes =]

I want to upgrade the video card in my htpc, which is currently a 5750. I want something that's passively cooled. Is there anything available that's faster than a 5750 without active cooling?

That's insane, nyt, but in an awesome way. :cool: I wonder what a Kill-A-Watt would say the power consumption of those speakers are (technically, the amplifiers). :eek:

I was curious too since I was tripping 15a surge protectors. They pull a bit over 2900 watts each before tripping the PDUs they're plugged into. Each.

At idle its just over 60w each. I've only tripped the pdus pushing test tones. I had 15a surge protectors before, but they tripped to easy. I switched to cyberpower rackmount pdu/surge protectors which trip at like 25a.

Figure about 100a at 120v of power in use if I max it out.

Back