- 512Mb pc1066 RDRAM
- ATI Radeon 9700 Pro w/ S-Vid & DVI-I Out
- 120Gb WD SE HDD
- Philips Acoustic Edge SC
etc, etc, etc.....

1920test.jpg

Hitachi 65" 65s700 viewing @ 1920x1080

^^^ I want that TV!!!

Well, at least the 51S500 :( (no need for that largee, plus no need for a built in HD tuner)

Here's my contribution (specs at bottom):

htpc_1.jpg

htpc_2.jpg

htpc_3.jpg

P3 1Ghz (133Mhz bus)
512Mb SDRAM
8 Gb OS Drive/120Gb Media Drive
GeForce 2 GTS
Sounblaster Live! 5.1
Windows 2000 Pro
Snapstream "BeyondTV" 3.4 (PVS 3.3 in the pics though)

Originally posted by Burnsy
roy how is the resolution on ur tv with ur pc.
i got the same tv

The resolution is amazing. Even with black-n-white text! Problem I'm having right now is, running movies or DirectX games on the digital (DVI) input. If I wanna watch Divx or game, I have to switch over to S-Video @ 1024x768. :(

Hey Kaos does that overscan bother you? I am thinking of hooking mine up to my 27" HDTV via the ATI dongle. Thanks.

Originally posted by asusxp1900
Hey Kaos does that overscan bother you? I am thinking of hooking mine up to my 27" HDTV via the ATI dongle. Thanks.

Not really, it's not that bad.

I have to use TVTool to get the GF2's TV-out to fill the screen.

Otherwise the screen area has like 3-4" on EACH SIDE of black :/

So TVTool makes it fill the screen.

Originally posted by eldiet
my tv is dwarfed by most of yours.. but my htpc envy's no man.

http://s93853361.onlinehome.us/images/front.jpg
http://s93853361.onlinehome.us/images/front2.jpg
http://s93853361.onlinehome.us/images/setup.jpg
http://s93853361.onlinehome.us/images/control.jpg

P4 1.6a
512meg PC2100
WD 120 gig + Maxtor 160 gig
Lite on DVD+/-RW
ATI AIW 7500 (video out)
happauge PVR 250 (capture card)
on board 5.1 sound (spdif)
myHTPC
Beyond TV3
PowerDVD
etc etc..

Who makes that wireless keyboard/mouse and what did it cost you?

I find this weird, how on earth can you put a computer near to audio equipment? It must really kill the sound quality. Even switching one on that's on a different ring main is bad enough for me.

Originally posted by Simon_Howes
I find this weird, how on earth can you put a computer near to audio equipment? It must really kill the sound quality. Even switching one on that's on a different ring main is bad enough for me.

meh. To me it doesn't even make a difference.

my grounding is fine, so there's no loop hum. The audio quality from whatever I am watching or listening to is inherently flawed anyway. (Mostly MP3s or DivX/mpg from Snapstream) so the sound from the HTPC isn't even an issue.

any audio distortion from all my other components isn't even audible for me to notice. Even with my cheap home depot lamp-cord interconnects.

guess I dont care enough about the sound to notice. I'm too wrapped up in the movies story, the songs lyrics I guess, or Montel's current events.

my tv is dwarfed by most of yours.. but my htpc envy's no man.

Sorry, couldn't help myself....

My HTPC (which will be coming home soon - acting as my workstation right now) is a P4@3GHz with 2G Corsair XMS, dual SATA 80G Barracudas, ATI AIW 9700 vid, Terratec Space sound and NEC DVD burner. On the other end of the ethernet cable (which will be coming home at the same time) is a terrabyte server with 2.53GHz P4, 512M 1066 RDRAM.....

All connected to this.

Originally posted by PS-RagE
All connected to this.

Those are some nice rigs man :D Is your TV HD? I'm probably going to redo my rig and make it into a HTPC. My TV isn't high definition... I was wondering what your guys' experiences are with HTPC and non-HD TVs.

I remember using my video out back in the day and not so happy with the quality. Now I have a much better TV (component in would probably be nice) and there are programs out there that would help a lot.

Yeah, the TV is a 36" JVC iArt HDTV. I bought it over a year ago thinking the HTPC was going to be done real soon (the HT followed). If only I'd known...... :rolleyes:

My real workstation should be back in action soon so hoping these toys will finally make their way home within the next week.

Originally posted by PS-RagE
Sorry, couldn't help myself....

My HTPC (which will be coming home soon - acting as my workstation right now) is a P4@3GHz with 2G Corsair XMS, dual SATA 80G Barracudas, ATI AIW 9700 vid, Terratec Space sound and NEC DVD burner. On the other end of the ethernet cable (which will be coming home at the same time) is a terrabyte server with 2.53GHz P4, 512M 1066 RDRAM.....

All connected to this.
nice.. I accomplish what i want with the hardware i have.. my htpc is used for PVR fuctionallity, dvd playing, cd/mp3 catalog and playing, emulators, and a few other little fun tricks..

I do have my own plans of building a terabyte server on the other end, as soon as i sort a few things out.

I won't embarass myself by posting my Gateway Destination (circa 1999) on the 27" Gateway monitor. :cool: BUT I am working on it successor right now. :)

P4 2.4c on a motherboard yet to be determined
512mg Geil 2-6-3-3
60Gb hdd
16x Liteon (with dvd+/- to follow soon)
Ati 9600pro AIW

all packed into this case when I'm done:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-130-113&depa=0

When it is all said and done, I'll post a pic or two :)

nice.. I accomplish what i want with the hardware i have.. my htpc is used for PVR fuctionallity, dvd playing, cd/mp3 catalog and playing, emulators, and a few other little fun tricks..

I do have my own plans of building a terabyte server on the other end, as soon as i sort a few things out.

Yeah, it is major overkill to be certain but since it is a new build, I went for high end parts. One of its functions will be to encode DivX files so horsepower is good (it burns really hot when doing this though). Hopefully, I will never have to upgrade this box - it will just keep doing its thing.

As for the server, I am going to write my own code. I looked at MyHTPC but found it was too limited. Some good ideas to be sure, but instead I will just set up my own as simple HTML. More work but a nicer, customized front end

Dcp_0082resize.jpg

This sits next to my entertainment center.. Only a P3 933 but it does the job :)

< jealous of everyone's nice TV's.. >

I am almost finished with mine so I won't post pictures until it is all set up and working. But here is what I have going on.

Abit IS7 Mainboard
512MB's of pc2100 ddr
Celeron 2.1Ghz processor
100GB WD ATA-133 hard drive
ATI Radeon 9600SE w/
ATI Remote wonder control
ATI DVI - Component dongle
Hercules Fortissimo III sound card with Optical Out.
linksys Wireless G nic card
Linksys Wireless G WAP
Sony 16X Silver face DVD drive

For keyboard/mouse I am going to get that one mentioned above. They have it at best buy for 119.00.

This is all hooked up to my Toshiba 16X9 HDTV CRT. Small TV but it was the biggest that would fit in the built-in entertainment center that came with the house. :(

My house is pre-wired with Cat5 to every room but not behind the entertainment center so I have to plug in a WAP so I don't have cat5 running under my carpet. This computer also acts as my game server and my file server for my other two computers in my office that my wife & I use every day.

I am looking forward to being able to download movies and songs and play them right in my living room through my HT setup.

I am just waiting on a few parts to roll in this week and beginning of next. Should be fully up and running late next week. I'll take pictur....oh, forgot to mention the most important part!!

Antec Overture case. DAMN it is pretty..

anyways, post pictures next weekend or so.

This was built over 2 years ago to power my DLP front projector so the specs are lower than most now but it still does the job and scales everything to 720p which makes my DVD's look beautiful at 110". :D

Full theatre

HTPC Specs:
Athlon 1.4ghz
512mb DDR pc2100
7200rpm 60gig HD
Custom laser cut aluminum case front. Only 110 were made.
Matrix Orbital LCD panel
Run of the mill TV Capture card (waiting to get an HD Tuner)
Liteon DVD drive that spins at 1x for movies which makes it whisper quiet.
Zoltrix Nightengale Pro sound card
Radeon VE dual vga
15" LCD screen
NEC LT150 DLP front projector with a custom 110" 16x9 screen.

Pic05.jpg

My HTPC is the P3 450 in my sig.
I use UltraVNC to control the unit from my main PC.
You can see the top of the HTPC in the bottom left hand side of this picture, it is the case under the desk with the kb sitting on top of it,
desk-new.jpg

unreal.jpg

Playing UT @1280x1024

06.jpg

watching a movie @ 1280x1024

ot_big2.jpg

Surfing the web (I don't really do this much since it's too big)

ecp-4500.jpg

The unit I use to watch movies on

pioneer.jpg

And the audio system.

subwoofer.jpg

The 2 subs I am using. I only need one, but since I have 2, might as well use them both.

I wouldn't mind getting one of those cool small cases to use as an HTPC but I am too cheap, ie. poor.
My entire setup: the 4 PC's with all the parts in them, projector, audio system, etc... cost me about $1600.

Originally posted by Hidaglio

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/hayrab/ut2k4.jpg[/IM G]
UT2K4 at 1920x1080 [/B][/QUOTE]

I GOTTA know how you're gaming @ that res. I've been wanting to, but it only allows me to do it @ 1024x768, 1280x960.....bleh!

You using Powerstrip? What're the clipboard settings? We're both using Hitachi widescreen RPs, so your settings will work fine on my TV. :)

Originally posted by royjr
Case.JPG

My HTPC
- P4 2.8 Ghz
- Abit TH7II-RAID
- 512Mb pc1066 RDRAM
- 120Gb WD SE HDD
etc, etc, etc.....

1920test.jpg

WHERE DID U GET THAT CASE!?!?!?! i want to find that one! in the usa...lmk if u got it in the states or not

Sorry for the large images, took them with my minidv cam didn't realize they were so large (just got it) thats why the pics look a little grainy also (frame from a video pretty much). I use the Sony GDM900 monitor driver just to enable windows support of ALOT of resolutions, but powerstrip is a MUST own for anyone running a HTPC. Also unless you are running through a DVI port and have the same 2003 57S500 I doubt my settings would work. All I did was add custom resolution in powerstrip, move the desktop over to the left and saved it to a hotkey.

http://www.tigerdave.com/wgl/

You're ultimate source to HDTV PC Gaming in widescreen. It explains how to run any resolution with UT2K3 and 2K4 just remember to change your FOV (field of vision) to 100 or 110 when playing in widescreen. WOW the FOV helps alot in deathmatch.

BUMP

where'd you purchase that case at? the only retailers i've able to find are in new zealand and hong kong.

Originally posted by royjr
Case.JPG

My HTPC
- P4 2.8 Ghz
- Abit TH7II-RAID
- 512Mb pc1066 RDRAM
- 120Gb WD SE HDD
etc, etc, etc.....

1920test.jpg

Sorry for not replying earlier, cyberbone. :)

I purchased it from someone off of Anandtech in their FS/FT forums. As far as where the original buyer purchased it from? I've no idea. Sorry. :(

Originally posted by Hidaglio
Sorry for the large images, took them with my minidv cam didn't realize they were so large (just got it) thats why the pics look a little grainy also (frame from a video pretty much). I use the Sony GDM900 monitor driver just to enable windows support of ALOT of resolutions, but powerstrip is a MUST own for anyone running a HTPC. Also unless you are running through a DVI port and have the same 2003 57S500 I doubt my settings would work. All I did was add custom resolution in powerstrip, move the desktop over to the left and saved it to a hotkey.

http://www.tigerdave.com/wgl/

You're ultimate source to HDTV PC Gaming in widescreen. It explains how to run any resolution with UT2K3 and 2K4 just remember to change your FOV (field of vision) to 100 or 110 when playing in widescreen. WOW the FOV helps alot in deathmatch.

Kickass info, man. Thanks! I'd never thought of going into a gam's .ini file and modifying it THAT way. :)

Hidaglio said:
htpc.jpg

HTPC in Antec Sonata case can be seen on the right

ut2k4.jpg

UT2K4 at 1920x1080

That is such a sweet setup. If I ever get out of school I want to get that action going!

Back