GALLERY! Show off your HTPC!

^ Sweet speakers! But too bad your center is so low.

The center positioning is just fine. The Anthem D2v is able to compensate very well for the center channel placing. It actually has a setting to setup the size of display relative to the position of the center channel. Most of the time it sounds as if the voices are coming straight from the lower bezel of the TV. Not to mention Martin Logan ESL's are particularly good at imaging :D

Is that an SVS PC12 hiding in the corner?

Why yes it is. I have no where else to place it in the room, so while the positioning isn't ideal it works quite well. Again, this is where the ARC processing of the Anthem D2v is amazing :D

The center positioning is just fine. The Anthem D2v is able to compensate very well for the center channel placing. It actually has a setting to setup the size of display relative to the position of the center channel. Most of the time it sounds as if the voices are coming straight from the lower bezel of the TV. Not to mention Martin Logan ESL's are particularly good at imaging :D
Oh, OK, that's good. I know in general, it's advisable to put the center speakers as close to the TV as possible. I was thinking perhaps you could flip the 2 shelves with the speaker on top and the cable box below it, if the shelves are adjustable. I have it like that. But if you're getting good imaging with it, then that's :cool:.

runnin17,

Can you comment on the two machines to the left and right of the entertainment stand? I can't tell from the pictures but it looks like you have 3 HTPC's in the room. What are the spec's and what do you use them for?

Those are Emotiva XPA-1 amplifiers, not HTPCs.

runnin17,

Can you comment on the two machines to the left and right of the entertainment stand? I can't tell from the pictures but it looks like you have 3 HTPC's in the room. What are the spec's and what do you use them for?

It isn't pink. It's lightish red! :p

Actually it's a deep dark, flat red. my gopro is messed up, but it's the only cam I have with that much wide angle

This is nothing like what some of you guys are rocking, but I like it. The goal is to utilize a small amount of floor space as the room I'm working with is not all that big. Yes, that is my center channel on the second shelf, off center. All the audio parts are left over from college. Polk Rt series.
DSCN0023.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks, and you're right. It's a beast. Damn thing weighs almost 40 pounds. :eek:

Sounds unbelievably sweet, though. :)

I wonder how much that cost. :eek: I'm sure it sounds sweet and can probably power speakers loud enough to annoy neighbors a quarter mile from your place. :D

I wonder how much that cost. :eek: I'm sure it sounds sweet and can probably power speakers loud enough to annoy neighbors a quarter mile from your place. :D
That's funny, because I already got a knock on my door, night before last. I was watching Gladiator and heard the knock just after the scene where Maximus pulls off his mask to identify himself to the Emperor weasel. He wasn't mad, though. He asked if he could watch the rest of the movie. He even brought over a 12-pack of Red Stripe. :D

The receiver wasn't cheap, but I learned a hard lesson. I had a refurbished Marantz 8001, but it failed after just over 2 years. The last new receiver I bought, an Onkyo 898, still is going strong after 11+ years. I gave it to my little brother when I got the now dead Marantz. If I can get over 10 years use out of this Pioneer I'll consider it money well spent.

That's funny, because I already got a knock on my door, night before last. I was watching Gladiator and heard the knock just after the scene where Maximus pulls off his mask to identify himself to the Emperor weasel. He wasn't mad, though. He asked if he could watch the rest of the movie. He even brought over a 12-pack of Red Stripe. :D

The receiver wasn't cheap, but I learned a hard lesson. I had a refurbished Marantz 8001, but it failed after just over 2 years. The last new receiver I bought, an Onkyo 898, still is going strong after 11+ years. I gave it to my little brother when I got the now dead Marantz. If I can get over 10 years use out of this Pioneer I'll consider it money well spent.
That's funny how he heard the noise and wanted to sit in on the rest of the movie. Cool deal about the dozen beers he brought. :cool:

Yeah, a decade per high end receiver would make it financially worthwhile. Mine is about 4 years old (a modest Onkyo '605) and I'm hoping to get a couple more years out of it. :)

if its anything like the pioneer sc85 here in the UK then its bad idea having things ontop they tend to warm a bit after a few hours "hard" use. and over time dust will always end up settling inside. i had a yamaha dsp a1 for over 10 years when it started capping out on mt i took a look inside after blasting away the fur like dust inside its doing well as amp in the bedroom

Yeah, crappy cell phone camera. My photography skills suck, too. :p

I don't have any other place to put the cable box, modem, router but agree it would be better if they weren't resting directly on top. I'm looking for some kind of stand that I can use to at least raise them off the receiver.

Cell phone pic and I'm a gonna have to spank the wife for letting it get dusty! :D

HTPC is on bottom left and specs in my signature.

HTPC_ENT_CTR.gif

No pic yet, but I made a slight enhancement to my HTS setup by replacing a 725 VA APC UPS with a 1500 VA one (also by APC) that is intended for HTS use. :cool: I just picked it up from BB a few days ago and will set it up this afternoon. :)

Hey nmanley, how sturdy is that TV stand? Do you think if wheels where mounted on the corners it would hold up well?

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

Nothing but memories....

Hey nmanley, how sturdy is that TV stand? Do you think if wheels where mounted on the corners it would hold up well?

Hey Ninja, It's pretty sturdy. Got it at wally world and I think it was rated for 60" tv. I have a 55".
It's over 50Lbs empty. The metal rails and such are stout. It would take some good rollers for them to last. ;)

Hey Ninja, It's pretty sturdy. Got it at wally world and I think it was rated for 60" tv. I have a 55".
It's over 50Lbs empty. The metal rails and such are stout. It would take some good rollers for them to last. ;)

My roomate had a similar one from walmart or bestbuy back in the day, as a 180lb college kid you could sit on it.

^ That's pretty funny. But I guess it makes the keyboard easy to carry if it needs to be transported often.

Back