GALLERY! Show off your Home Theater!

Bugalaman

Really a Ugandachick
Here's the place to show pics of your home theater that's not a HTPC.

I'll start!
sorry for these crappy pics

TV - Mitshbishi WS55511; 55", 16:9, Integrated HDTV Tuner
Receiever - Sony STR-DA2-ES; 100 watts X 6, Dolby Digital EX, PL II, DTS-ES, DTS 96/24, Neo:6, etc....
DVD Player - Sony DVP-NS755V; Progressice Scan, SACD, 5.1 DD/DTS Out
Front Speakers - Klipsch SF-2
Center - Klipsch SC-1
Surrounds - Klipsch SS.1
Subwofer - Klipsch KSW-12; 12", 440 watts
ht1.jpg

ht2.jpg
ht3.jpg
ht4.jpg
ht5.jpg

Speakers all connected with this fancy monster cable stuff. this stuff is only $120 for 100'
ht6.jpg

Dorm room theater

Nothing spectacular but I love my setup...

Especially considering it's in a dorm room :D. Sorry for the crappy pics, wasn't my camera and I didn't feel like messing with it.

Yamaha 6.1 setup... The DVD player is hooked up to the TV (27in.) via s-video (until I get a component input TV ;) ). Ia m using the optical out on the DVD player. My PC's audigy 2 is hooked up using the Analog outs to the multi-channel inputs on the reciever. I am using 25 ft. minijack to RCA cables... long ass cables.

Just so everyone knows I worked my ass off over the summer to be able to splurge a little. No, I am by no means spoiled.

Yamaha HTR-5740
1bf6.jpg

Right main with cover on... the left is identical obviously.
3a61.jpg

Cover off...
68f0.jpg

Center with cover off...
43e2.jpg

This is behind me (my bed)... there is a 3rd speaker to the right that wouldn't fir in the pic.
d15f.jpg

the rears standing up...
a1a9.jpg

The sub next to my guitar amp...
f5e5.jpg

A Large shot...
fea6.jpg

wow, do you think you have enough recievers? :rolleyes:
ha, thats sweet!

what model Denon is that, 5803?

now that is how you implement modern technology. there is absolutely no reason (other than money) to not have everything centralized like that. on thing I would suggest is a center supprt for that poor shelf. the recievers have it sagging a little ;) of course, if that is the worst of your problems, you are doing very well.

Heres some pic my camera was going dead so i got the important stuff :) yes those are all DVD is in the one picture :) and we have 5 100xwatt speakers :) the sub is a massive 1000watts plus, we had are house pre wires for this set up, all the calbes are mostest cables custom made (werent cheap as some of you know)
Denon DVD player
sony HD reciver
sony 57in HD TV
esient which manages the fire ball
and sony fire ball which is a 400Cd changer and a crap load of speaker craft stuff and the denon amp

what model Denon reciever is that? Unless its a 5803, I'm not impressed :p

Bugalaman said:
what model Denon reciever is that? Unless its a 5803, I'm not impressed :p

He has a Denon DVD player not reciever, looks like its either 39xx series or possibly even a 5910.

incomudro said:
i guess when i laid the smak down i won ehh?

I guess I will finally have to take pictures of the house this weekend, want the theater first or the bedroom setup? Could always put in the plasma in the game room or the 57" Hitachi in the guest room.

um... thats a Denon reciever. An amp only powers the speakers, you'd need a pre-amp to go along with the amp to get any sort of surround sound

Sorry missed the angled shot of the reciever, looks like a 3803.

I will have my pics up this weekend.

I can't wait until mid-summer when I can start on converting my garage to a home theatre type thing. These pictures only make me want it sooner.

When my wife and I decided our old house was getting to small we decided to look for another place to live. My only main concerns were access to broadband and a place to setup a real theater. After not finding what we wanted in resale we finally came to the conclusion it was time to have something built. After looking at various models we both fell in love with the particular model we now have but for different reasons. My main reason was the formal living room was offset from the house and in a location that just begged to be turned into a theater. After briefly discussing the idea with my wife we signed the contracts and got everything under way. The main thing we had to change was the entrance to the room as it was originally designed as an open archway directly off the front door. I had the builder close this off into a small cut-in location and located the doorway on the adjacent wall which is on a wall adjoining the game room. This makes it so no one even notices the room until I open the door and show them.

Well on with the pictures...

This is the view upon entering the theater. The screen is a Stewart Luxus Deluxe 114" fixed screen using StudioTek 130 material. The front wall and ceiling are painted flat black.

screen.jpg

This is the view from the front wall looking back on the 7 Berkline 088's. We choose leather with the electric recline option and couldn't be happier. You can also see the entrance in the back which leads in from the game room.

seatsdoor.jpg

I control the theater via this Fujitsu Stylistic 3500 tablet pc. It runs on Windows 2000 Pro using a Crestron Xpanel exe to talk to my Crestron CNMSX-Pro via ethernet. I programmed the system myself and will always be changing something as I learn more, isn't that always the case?

touchscreen.jpg

This is all of my current equipment housed in a stand up rack which is actually a computer rack. I have a Denon 3805, Pioneer 563A for DVD-A/SACD, Hughes HTL-HD, and HTPC as sources for the theater. Also in the rack are a BFD for equalizing the SVS PC-Ultra, a Sony receiver for outdoor music, Hughes E-86 for the plasma for the game room, my 1.6TB media server and an APC-1400Net for battery backup. System is controlled with my Crestron CNMSX-PRO processor and the previously shown tabletpc.

rack.jpg

The naked 3 eyed beast the provides the images, my Ampro 4600 9" CRT projector. Ignore the tilt, I am currently having a new mount made at a machine shop since the plates that attach to the projector are bending on one side making for the nice drop to the right. Has made convergence a B.... to keep up.

ampro4600.jpg

Here is the hidden thunder that resides behind the screen, also known as my SVS PC-Ultra. Kind of like the wizard of oz, Pay no attention to the sub behind the curtain.

PCUltra.jpg

In the game room we have a 43" Pioneer HD Plasma on the wall above the door, a 8foot pool table, popcorn machine, slot machine, wet bar and ofcourse our wall of movie props. My wife has been collecting them since we decided to build our new house and the theater. There are atleast 20 others she still has to put up and we have a binder with all the COA's just to the left of this picture on the slot machine stand.

wallofprops.jpg

Here is my mallrats poster which is autographed by Kevin Smith, also showing the location of the side surrounds which is directly right and left of the first row of seating. I do plan on removing the posters and putting in some wall treatments to help with sound.

rightside.jpg

components.jpg

subwoofer.jpg

dm303.jpg

dm302.jpg

surround.jpg

benq6200.jpg

screen.jpg

http://fongunlimited.com/htpc for specs and pix of htpc.

my HT IS my HTPC and my HTPC IS my HT =). i can either play HT stuff with computer off or with computer on through DVDROM. eitherway works. imho, PC's DVDROM playback is much better, especially with ffdshow.

Bigh, I will post pics of my home theatre when I get home. Maybe you can take some of what I did and incorporate it in your theatra... although I dont think your room is as big as mine. I will post pics when I get home.

Here is my Home Theater so far. I'm still in the process of hiding all the wires.

p71300025ae.jpg

Da-Lite High Contrast Cinema 92" screen with three M&K S-150THX for fronts and a MX-350THX MkII Sub.

p71300035jm.jpg

Looking back at the projector and the M&K SS-150THX rears.

p71300043pd.jpg

The side M&K CS-29 (one on each side) Which gives me 7.1 DD, DTS, and THX surround sound!

p71300063al.jpg

p71300086ab.jpg

p71300099jq.jpg

p71300117ds.jpg

The M&K MX-350. The cleanest, deepest bass out there!!!

p71300123hc.jpg

My Yamaha DPX-1100 DLP projector.

p71300176ii.jpg

And last. but not least, my Yamaha RX-Z9 receiver

Very nice setup Zektor, the M&K speakers are very nice, we have installed quite a few sets of them in the past.

Ever think about adding some accoustical treatments to the room? With the wood panelling and movie posters that room would have to be very reflective and bright.

Zektor, that RX-Z9 makes me drool.

I've got an RX-V1 that I love to death.

And I've got that same Monster Sound rackmount power unit too.

Nice setup!

zektor, how come your surround speakers on the floor?

also, have you considered screen research screens? you can hide your speakers behind the screen like in the cinema without losing visual or audio quality. FYI =). i just got a quote from my local distributor. it's roughly $2,000 for 100" diagonal 4:3. i'm trying to save some $ so i can hide me speakers behind my screen.

Bighitter said:
Very nice setup Zektor, the M&K speakers are very nice, we have installed quite a few sets of them in the past.

Ever think about adding some accoustical treatments to the room? With the wood panelling and movie posters that room would have to be very reflective and bright.

Thanks, and yes, the movie posters are quite reflective. I’m in the process of finding a new location for them.

JediFonger said:
zektor, how come your surround speakers on the floor?

also, have you considered screen research screens? you can hide your speakers behind the screen like in the cinema without losing visual or audio quality. FYI =). i just got a quote from my local distributor. it's roughly $2,000 for 100" diagonal 4:3. i'm trying to save some $ so i can hide me speakers behind my screen..

Since my room isn't the best room configuration for a Home Theater setup, I used the M&K CS-29 Tripoles. They bounce sound off of the ceiling and along the walls. They sound great, and work much better than standard front firing speakers in my setup.

As for the screen, I’ll have to look into one of those. Thanks.

...looking at these setups reminds me of Fahrenheit 451.

shame on humanity. shame on you...

i miss all those knobs! with the advent of digital audio, even the knobs of today don't "feel" authentic. but with those older processors, you literally could "feel" what volume you want to be @ and turn to it exactly. i also love the bass/treble knobs. they're awesome =). i miss the good ole' days of hi-fi =). if someone made a retro version but with the latesst digital audio features, i'd buy it in a jiffy (when i have the $).

im heading to school tomorrow, ill post dorm theater part 1(not everything i own) on sunday when im set up. then once the big boys come down with mom and dad for parents weekend and the big screen is in ill post dorm theater part 2: death of Stewart hall

This is where it used to be:

(and yes, i made cartman:p)

000_0076small.jpg

seeing as how im moving to the dorm on saturday, everything has been moved over to my desk, which is how itll be set up when i move in there, everything will be sent from the computer to the reciever, have my pvr-150, nv dvd decoders, digital coax and HDA digital x-mystique all ready for it :D
000_0077small.jpg

so that is how it is now, center speaker on top of the moniters, with the L/R speakers on the side, and tons of shit on my desk

The L/R speakers are difinitive Procinema100 bookshelves. center is currently a cheap KLH i got as a placeholder, have a procenter100 on the way soon :)

the rear L/R's are procinema 80's. love my speakers, they sound phenominal. sound better than my buddy's theater research towers that retail for over 2k each.

and here is the brains of it all, the Sony STR-DE575. love this reciever! bought it about 5 years ago when i finished my first summer job at 14 :cool:
000_0079small.jpg

Back