GALLERY! Show off your Home Theater!

Here's my poor man's theater. I bought my lcd projector 3 years ago. It was the s@#t 3 years ago- that was before companies actually started producing official "home theater" projectors. It still puts out a great picture. All I did was carpet my basement and paint the walls. here's my equipment:

Panasonic PT-LC75U XGA lcd projector
Chief projector mount (with a pipe from Home Depot)
Dalite High Power Model B 92inch Pulldown screen
Polk RM5400 speakers/subwoofer
Toshiba 5900 interlaced dvd player
Sony 755V progressive scan DVD/SACD player
DVDO Iscan Ultra line doubler/deinterlacer
Onkyo 495 receiver
LG 4200A HD receiver

Scott

URL=http://www.supload.com/free/p1010041 (medium) (small).jpg/view/]
p1010041 (medium) (small).jpg
[/URL]

holy projection screen batman! :D you gotta love the old batman series :p

Here's mine:

officeview.JPG

this was taken from my "office" which is the back of our L sectioned livingroom, essentially... the TV is a Sony KP-53HS30 which does 4:3 and 16:9 native! best of both worlds... although, @ 16:9 it's more like a 48" wide screen, but it's still pretty big. Video provided by ComCast Digiatal HD silver package and a 7 disk JVC progressive scan DVD player hooked with monster cable component video cables 'all the way around'. :) Audio via a 7.1 DTS Yamaha RXV-1400 (THX select certified) with a Paradigm cx200 center, Infinity RS-3's for front and back, and side channels are Warfdale bi-poles... the Sub is a Definitive PowerField 15 500watts continuous (1000 peak) 15" front firing, rear ported... that baddie rocks!! goes down to 17hz. whew... Anyways, I have my 7.1 setup setup for the first time in proper format... fronts, sides, rears all in the right places... wow... it makes a big difference in the audio imaging. and 7.1 is just awesome. wooo.

the matrix screen saver on the TV is from my modded Xbox... I stream mp3's to it all day (netgear "g" bridge) for tunes un the "main" part of the apartment.

HDbox, you should have waited, 3806 is coming next year sometime that can upconvert or downconvert any composite, S-Video, component, DVI, HDMI signal into composite, S-Video, component, DVI, HDMI. it's trickled down features from the 4806 (THX Ultra2) see their website. personally, i'm waiting for the 3806 =). if i have enough $, i would've bought 4806.

what this mean is that if you have a TV that only accepts composite rca inputs, you can plug in a HDTV signal via DVI or HDMI or component and watch it on your plain ole TV!!!! =). or you can h00kup s-video VCR and watch it through HDMI on HDTV, etc. and of course it supports all of the rest of the audio format galore.

that's why i got a really old model (884/1804) from waaay back that gives me REAL 90w RMS to all 6 channels for only $300 on ebay to tie me over (see my pix).

My new TV room. I moved house 2 weeks ago and now have a little more space. Just need to update my TV.

My SD Box, Yamaha HTR-5830S and HTPC. (VCR, some junk and flat mate's Xbox are nicely hidden behind the doors).
achtung29nj.jpg

The room again. (They are my flat mate's pics on the wall).
Yamaha NS-P110 surrounds and YST 100W sub.
achtung45ey.jpg

Our DVDs. Mainly my flat mate's.
achtung30ff.jpg

nice setup guys, it's making me wanting to renovate my basement and convert it into my home theater room.

Diseaseboy said:
Here's my poor man's theater. I bought my lcd projector 3 years ago. It was the s@#t 3 years ago- that was before companies actually started producing official "home theater" projectors. It still puts out a great picture. All I did was carpet my basement and paint the walls. here's my equipment:

Panasonic PT-LC75U XGA lcd projector
Chief projector mount (with a pipe from Home Depot)
Dalite High Power Model B 92inch Pulldown screen
Polk RM5400 speakers/subwoofer
Toshiba 5900 interlaced dvd player
Sony 755V progressive scan DVD/SACD player
DVDO Iscan Ultra line doubler/deinterlacer
Onkyo 495 receiver
LG 4200A HD receiver

Scott

URL=http://www.supload.com/free/p1010041 (medium) (small).jpg/view/]
p1010041 (medium) (small).jpg
[/URL]

thats my exact plan for my basement =D nice work