GalCiv3 announced

How is the gameplay in this series, is it similar to Sins of a Solar Empire?

Ermageerdd!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

How is the gameplay in this series, is it similar to Sins of a Solar Empire?

It's turn-based 4x strategy game and feels more like Civizliation in space, but without the tactical battles. Truly a fantastic franchise.

From their website:

Galactic Civilizations III is a 4X space strategy game set in the 23rd century. Humans and aliens compete against each other for domination of our galaxy. Players begin with only their home planet and must research new technologies, explore the galaxy, and colonize new worlds. All the while, players engage in diplomatic intrigue with other races and will likely be drawn into (or start) wars of both survival and expansion. The gameplay of Galactic Civilizations has evolved over the years, but we at Stardock have always prided ourselves on making conquest only one of several entertaining routes to victory. In Galactic Civilizations II, for example, players can wage multi-decade cold wars for the hearts and minds of neutral planets – or even expand their culture’s reach to the point that each others’ colonies are the soft-power battleground. Players can conquer the galaxy without ever firing a shot through a combination of shrewd diplomacy and ever-expanding cultural influence. Another popular feature of Galactic Civilizations II is the ability to design amazing ships and watch them battle other fleets. Ship design isn’t just cosmetic, nor is it just a matter of putting the most powerful weapons and defenses on a given vessel. Victory often goes to the player who looks carefully at the types of weapons and defenses their opponents are deploying and designs ships to counter them. And finally, strong computer AI has always been a major focus for Galactic Civilizations. The original Galactic Civilizations (for OS/2) was the world’s first commercial 32-bit multithreaded computer game. That meant it could multitask within itself which allowed the computer players to “think” while the player was taking his/her turn. There is no “please wait” dialog in a Galactic Civilizations game. This document will evolve as Galactic Civilizations III evolves. Keep an eye on this page for updates!

Ah, less interested, I didn't see the turn based part. I have never really been able to get into turn based, save Axis and Allies...

If I like Endless space, would I like this? I dunno why Galciv 2 is still 20 bucks.

If I like Endless space, would I like this? I dunno why Galciv 2 is still 20 bucks.

And that prices is for the ultimate which includes all the expansions. I think I saw a post somewhere that it would be on sale next week on steam...but I can't find the post.

Gal Civ 2 is so nice, I bought it twice. The second time had a discount with all expansions. I always stop playing before I finish a game, though. Oh well, it's really well made.

I would say yes. GalCiv 2 has much better combat than Endless Space and I like its ship design better. Hopefully GalCiv 3 is just as good or better than the second game. I am seriously thinking about that $100 pre-order.

I've seen the gold edition on Steam go on sale for $5 at least twice, so those who are patient can snag it for less.

Never really got into Gal Civ as heavily as I did the old MOO 1/2, I do enjoy having some tactical combat (Sword of the Stars, MOO) rather than being automated.

I like Endless Space, but it was GalCiv2 that got me INTO that genre

GalCiv1&2 are still great games...but I'm tapped-out from Star Citizen and DoubleFine adventure backing.

I'll have to see more about the improvements of this game and see gameplay before being a "founder".

Cool news anyways though. :D

And that prices is for the ultimate which includes all the expansions. I think I saw a post somewhere that it would be on sale next week on steam...but I can't find the post.

I would be interested to know if it really is going to be on sale so I can wait to purchase it.

2 costs 20 bucks.....too much. never played these games before, never will.

anyone wanna trade some steam keys?
i got
Medal of Honor
Battlefield 3 Origin Key

The Steam sale for Stardock Games is now active. GalCiv2 Ultimate is $4.99, GalCiv1 is $2.49.

Endless Space just happened to pick today for a daily Steam sale for $7.49 without Disharmony, $8.49 with Disharmony.

Back