GALCIV IV is now early access

pek

prairie dog
Still playing GALCIV III on the regular, now to see how the next gen is.

"Now"

It came out a year ago on The Marketing Blackhole, a.k.a. Epic Games Store.

I think I might have played III at some point. Maybe it was either on Gamepass or was a free Epic game at some point in the past year or two? I still occasionally fire up Civ4 and 5 just struggle to get into other 4X turn based games. I'll see if I can check out some gameplay videos sometime though as those two Civs while probably my favorite of the bunch are showing their ages.

I think I might have played III at some point. Maybe it was either on Gamepass or was a free Epic game at some point in the past year or two? I still occasionally fire up Civ4 and 5 just struggle to get into other 4X turn based games. I'll see if I can check out some gameplay videos sometime though as those two Civs while probably my favorite of the bunch are showing their ages.
GC3 is still on PC Game Pass, if you want to give it a whack again. People are saying GC4 isn't as good, but it is still in early access.

IV is missing some things compared to III, changes that I have found so far are: ships you get for free (stacked in a fleet) in early game can take on guards of the good anomalies; game is broken into smaller areas that need hypergates researched to get to other areas/races (a la MOO); GUI (of course); leader assignments take a lot more thought; and research seems to take longer, but that may just be me. Map is a little harder to read, but, then again, that may just be me. So far, it has my attention. Also will be interesting to see what mods come out.

Back